Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

Regareding the models- if you could make a limbless protectron shell (sans arms/legs) and/or detached static variants of the arms (matching pairs or otherwise) so they can be hung/laid out on an assembly line, it would be great.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the custom arms/legs, not the vanilla ones. same with the torso if you made any changes to the shape (paint would be added later).

No problem making statics out of the protectron body parts (at least most of them can be seperated at the ball joint), but in regard to custom could you be more clear. Do you mean custom sunset models or ??

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a last-minute afterthought to be more specific...

I meant that I would prefer your custom models instead of the stock protectrons (i.e. use your new arms/body parts instead of the regular ones) to make it more... immersive?

No problem I'll make you a set of all/each MK I, M II, sunset etc. I think it will be easy enough. But not the heavy protectrons, those are a military contract....

Do you also want other bot parts like securitrons or just sticking with protectrons?

EDIT: OBTW I'd concentrate more on standard protectrons for a couple of reasons. One is, most of the things that make the sunset bots unique like the hat, guns, chaps etc would probably be put on at sunset park. And two, although a large customer/contract the sunset stuff is probably still less than 10% or RobCo's production/output to the southwestern region.

But having said that, it's your baby so go with what you like, and think works best.

Edited by devinpatterson

Three questions:

how big do you want/consider the factory to be?

2. Would the Helios One power plant (sans sign, I assume) work?

and 3. how do you test out a worldspace in-game?

The lot is already laid out so it does have a size restriction.

I think the helio plant would be too big, but I'll check after work, later this evening

You can load a worldspace just like an other exterior space (wasteland, strip etc), it shows up in the same drop down menu.

But keep in mind this one is in the mojave (NVwasteland) not in it's own worldspace....if you were refering to RobCo office & manufactoring in re: to the new world space

It's near 3,28 in the geck. Then hit the down arrow key twice and you should see this;

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3999/robco.jpg

The green box highlights the RobCo office building, the red boxes are potential candidates for the factory. I was going to go with the top one because the lot is against the rail road making shipment easy, but it's totally your call.

Edited by devinpatterson

re: helios yeah, maybe scale it to 95% and see if that will fit. Adjusting the road seems like it would be easy, but (at least in my case) altering the road can mean hitting the landscaping tool to raise the ground, flattening it and it's just a tedious process. Much more annoying than you would think just to make sure there isn't any clipping or gaps. Too bad there isn't a equivalent of the "snap to" function for landscaping that there is for interior tile sets. Edited by devinpatterson