Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

So, are you guys going to add a unique Power Armor/Ranger Armor to this mod?

Well I had a couple of ideas on that one;

One is a type of salvaged power armor, made of parts of sunset bots. It's pretty junky looking but it's made by the tribals chosen one with what she was able to acquire. Has an eyebot helmet, mostly protectron parts for the rest. It has some basic servo actuators scavenged from the bots for movment and has sunset logo's all over it. Nothing to brag about, probably cause most enemies to break down in laughter, not in fear. But if we do go with the option of stripping the player of equipment in ver 1.x it will be the first power armor he/she acquires.

Now a much nicer suit will be Bronco Bills power armor when he served on the front lines as a Colonel (rank still subject to change) in teh army. It's a modified 51b, with military regalia (insignia, badges etc) and (slightly) better stats, with a rather ornate look.

As far as the ranger armor goes both versions for the human security forces are using existing assets, nothing custom. Gopher has allowed us to use his Armored Bounty Hunter Duster, and it really fits in well with the western theme.

Edited by devinpatterson

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, are you guys going to add a unique Power Armor/Ranger Armor to this mod?

Well I had a couple of ideas on that one;

One is a type of salvaged power armor, made of parts of sunset bots. It's pretty junky looking but it's made by the tribals chosen one with what she was able to acquire. Has an eyebot helmet, mostly protectron parts for the rest. It has some basic servo actuators scavenged from the bots for movment and has sunset logo's all over it. Nothing to brag about, probably cause most enemies to break down in laughter, not in fear. But if we do go with the option of stripping the player of equipment in ver 1.x it will be the first power armor he/she acquires.

Now a much nicer suit will be Bronco Bills power armor when he served on the front lines as a Colonel (rank still subject to change) in teh army. It's a modified 51b, with military regalia (insignia, badges etc) and (slightly) better stats, with a rather ornate look.

As far as the ranger armor goes both versions for the human security forces are using existing assets, nothing custom. Gopher has allowed us to use his Armored Bounty Hunter Duster, and it really fits in well with the western theme.

The Robot armor sounds pretty cool, actually.

Question:

what's the problem with using a master file? You can load multiple esms- just change the geckcustom.ini line "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads" to 1.

Because a lot of our resources are from DLC esm's. If for instance we only used assets from FalloutNV.esm we could make the mod a master file (ESM). But since we are using everything from dead money to lonesome road we have to use a plugin (ESP). At least that is my understanding.

If it weren't for fnvplugin we wouldn't even be able to merge esp plugin's, it's a cool little program.

EDIT: I should mention that's my understanding, I could be wrong

Worth a shot.

I'll test it.

EDIT: crap, I'm lost. Five worldspaces... no wonder you're so concerned.

Which file should be the "master" per se, or rather what should go into it?

Edited by TrooperScooperMKII

I thoguht of a way of bypassing the new esp thing- I'll position the factory (HELIOS one) in your current level, record the coordinates, then exit w/o saving and place the factory again in a new esp.

My main gripe is that I'd like the two buildings to be contiguous, even if it's just a single hallway/catwalk connecting the offices to the plant...

I'm thinking of two connections, one on ground level and one into an "overseer" pod/catwalk above the assembly line.

Which file should be the "master" per se, or rather what should go into it?

Sorry, you mean which one will be the park? Well they are mini worlds so several of them will be in the park. Right now though they a duplicate records from a previous merge, so I need to clean them up

Alright, nabbed V18 from the forum, thanks.

Which files have which areas, i.e. the sub-level has the sewer I assume

The sewers were merged in the beginning, the current one v18 should have everything.

Or are some of the older files redundant now? Basically, what esps do you have loaded/active in GECK?

I only have v18 loaded. I have some notes on a few of the revisions I'll see if I can rar them up for you. They aren't very detailed though, just stating things like this version has the MKII's, or "to do" notes etc.

I thoguht of a way of bypassing the new esp thing- I'll position the factory (HELIOS one) in your current level, record the coordinates, then exit w/o saving and place the factory again in a new esp.

My main gripe is that I'd like the two buildings to be contiguous, even if it's just a single hallway/catwalk connecting the offices to the plant...

I'm thinking of two connections, one on ground level and one into an "overseer" pod/catwalk above the assembly line.

If you like, I wouldn't sweat it too much, if it needs a little adjusting after there merged it's not a big deal.

Scaled 1:1.... It's perfect, just perfect.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4968/seyeoffactory.jpg

Fits like a glove.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3269/remadeforit.jpg

Looks great from afar....

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6156/rooftops.jpg

and up close.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4723/meshingwell.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7420/loadingdock.jpg

I saved the coordinates via a screenshot and a notepad file; the esp wasn't saved/modified, so I'll recreate the factory in another one. 8)