Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

I've seen that befor, I didn't mention it since youd need new animation etc. Also on a side not the image of it being fired would require that the guy be about 7 foot tall haha

Also, any ideas what you'd call the 50 BMG revolverif it gets made/put in the mod?

EDIT:

Just a little update on the .50cal Revolver (I know it probably wont be included, but I'm at art college 2 days a week so need something to fill my week and someone could use it as a base for something decent)

Having trouble getting a version of blender and nif script to work together but should be done soon. I brought up the .44 in nifscope and did a quick picture (won't upload since I used paint and havn't gotten around to installing PS on this computer) and it looks like you could just elongate it and it'd look almost identical to the picture (with the exception of the indented cylinder) so I'll probably just do that to try it, slap a new texture on it and itd look like a whole new gun. mess with the cylinder or swap it out and scale it up so it would actually fit .50cal rounds and I'll upload a pic, since after that I really don't know what I'm doing.

Edited by HatterMaster

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen that befor, I didn't mention it since youd need new animation etc. Also on a side not the image of it being fired would require that the guy be about 7 foot tall haha

Also, any ideas what you'd call the 50 BMG revolverif it gets made/put in the mod?

EDIT:

Just a little update on the .50cal Revolver (I know it probably wont be included, but I'm at art college 2 days a week so need something to fill my week and someone could use it as a base for something decent)

Having trouble getting a version of blender and nif script to work together but should be done soon. I brought up the .44 in nifscope and did a quick picture (won't upload since I used paint and havn't gotten around to installing PS on this computer) and it looks like you could just elongate it and it'd look almost identical to the picture (with the exception of the indented cylinder) so I'll probably just do that to try it, slap a new texture on it and itd look like a whole new gun. mess with the cylinder or swap it out and scale it up so it would actually fit .50cal rounds and I'll upload a pic, since after that I really don't know what I'm doing.

Well if anyone would own one, it'd be Bronco Bill, he'd have to have the highest caliber even if it meant a fractured wrist to use it.

If you can, try not to swap out the cylinder, I'm under the impression you'd have to re-animate it (and I don't think either of us know how to do that). But keep in mind if it's pretty close you can just extrude at the midpoint of the cylinder, and scale the whole the whole model up 10 or 15%. Then you'd just have to take out the 6 chambers and pop 3 really big ones in the cylinder....that shouldn't affect the animation. If it uses a speed loader (and i can't recall, been forever since I used a 44mag), that would be a big advantage. You could just remove the 6 rounds from the speed loader, add 3 BMG's and you'd be done (except for the texture, but in comparison that's trivial). Well you'd have to orient the 3 rounds so they pop in the chambers at the end of the animation, but that shouldn't be too crazy hard. Probably a lot easier than trying to change a animation that loads a 6 inch shell via hand or even worse through a gate.

I'll try to take a peek later today

EDIT: on the name? I have no idea, what do you name a snub nosed revolver that can take out lightly armored vehicles? The "tinysaurous rex"? the "pocket howitzer"? I have no idea....

EDIT2: Good deal, 44mag uses a speed loader, that will simplify things considerably. Let me know what parts you can do (if not the whole thing) and I'll do my best to fill in the rest for you.

Edited by devinpatterson

FTW!!! :geek:

Fat man? to practical for me!

Also, can someone PLEASE link me a version of blender and blender niftool that are compatible, I've downloaded 6 version of blender and about a dozen niftool version :facepalm:

Yeah they don't have the niftools scripts for 2.5 yet. I'm using 2.49b, python 2.6.2, but I'm unsure on the niftools scripts ver, mine are dated 11/13/2010. I'll try to find out.

Started replacing freeway segments and the beginings of hte NCR forward post. It's good to have FO3 overpasses available again, not to mention the car forts, should have always been in NV. I'll probably upload a v20 to the nexus file later tonight or tomorrow. If you'd like to be a beta tester give me a shout out. We may start as early as this weekend.

Well I could just edit the cylinder to have no dents which is surprisingly easy if it goes to plan, since you can auto extrude it to level, and the cases are included in the cylinder so its just a case of clipping through and changing them up. as for the quick load animation I have no idea, realistically this will just be a test to see how it could look (first pic will just be it stretched). May add some slits in the barrel (what there is of it any way) to make it look extra different to. Once I get Blender to bloody work though I'll make it and slap it in the game (just base model) to see if it actually works, if so then you'd just need someone to handle things like iron sights if they don't work and an accurate quick load mesh and it'd be ready for texture. if it works ill get round to loading the AMR in blender with it and scale it all up so it accurate for it ammo (and maybe a bit bigger)

As for the name something like "Recolin' Reta" maybe? since there was "Atomic Annie" in real life which was a nuclear gun, similar to the AA at hoover damn. Though something more dramatic might be in order since, as you said, what the hell do you call a handgun that could take out lightly armour military vehicles?

Oh and if someone with a decent photo editing software wants to take a crack at how it'll look here's a link the .44 from in game pic, just editing the pic should do the job. Also anyone who genuinely knows what their doing is welcome to try and model this instead of me :)

EDIT:

Edit due to Dev being a post ninja haha

I'm pretty inexperienced so my "input" if you can even call it that will be rather basic, but at least it let's you guys get on with the more practical stuff :)

yer I tested the .44 in game yesterday to give it a quick test, everything about it is simple, like the fact the cylinder doesn't actually move around when you fire it

Also I'll happily Beta Test, computer is good enough to run anything currently on the market at max or very near it, so I should be fine testing stuff even if it's CPU intensive.

EDIT 2:

If you could link me to those versions of blender and niftool that'd be great. Also Blender 2.6a is out, just thought you might want to know :)

Edited by HatterMaster

Devin, I haven't DLed Lonesome road yet... my desktop is STILL without internet as I haven't figured out how to get a coaxial to an ethernet without using a separate modem...

Hmmmm what version docsis modem do you need? I have an old one you can have, but I think it's like docsis 1.3, not sure if any cable providers would support it. it's a Toshiba PCX 1100U.

As far as the freeway segments I'm using mostly OverpassOnRamp01 which is included in vanilla NV, so I could probably make a version for you that doesn't require lonesome road.

also how am I going to work on the outdoor scenery if you're working there too? Should I just stick to the interiors, then?

It is tricky, but if you don't mind doing interiors it would simplify things considerably, so we're not editing over each others work. One author per a cell is definitely the safest bet.

Okay so out of curiosity I looked up what kind of... thing... this gun would be. The in game 12.7mm round is a PISTOL .50 (also know as a .500) so using the length of that, and the length of the .50 rifle round, if a 12.7mm is a .500 then this would be a .5433

I realy think that should be in it's name just because of how ridiculous a calibre size it is :')