Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

Is there a way to make the first page of this thread to have a basic outline of the story and quests, like a project bible?

Yeah I'm really sorry about that. Those are the outlines I'v been referring to in teh previous messages. It's very difficult to jump into this storyline without some basic outlines/info, so I apologize, but I hope to have them up soon. I'll probably have the general overview in this thread and split the first part to it's own thread. Right now hardware issues are eating up a lot of my time....but on the bright side I was able to alter a driver to support a piece of legacy hardware (focus 7200 keyboard) so now I can join the 20th century and migrate to windows 7. So that's a good thing.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you upgrade to 7 beware the updates..they are full of malware and tend to make windows defender think other parts of windows (like explorer) are viruses.

So far everything seems OK but I'll keep an eye out. Mostly just restoring all my software, still some problems especially in re: to sata drivers. Shoudn't be a hassle, it's a z68 board, not exactly a one of a kind.

Not much to report.

I started a totem model, and did a slight (practically nothing) bit of work on the bell, as well as a bit of "cleanup" prep for the lamp... I intend to completely rework the frame beneath it.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3554/totemx.png

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2627/bells.png

Not much to report.

Looks like everything is coming along pretty good.

I'm re-doing some of the Protectron toolkits and finishing the eybot toolkits. The problem with the eyebots is there isn't a whole lot you can put on them, so I need ideas. Right now it's mostly hats, pistols, hankerchiefs, holsters. What other existing assets (I don't want to model something new if I can avoid it, time is already at a premium) can you guys see giving the eyebot and the sentry bot to emphasize the western look?

Also re-tooled the assets from one model to individual pieces to mix and match. So instead of a whole new model we can tick the parts we want on existing models. But some of the Mark series will probably need their own assets.

Hey id love to contribute my voice message me

OK sent a PM re: voicing Phil, the Nuka-Cola dude

Edited by devinpatterson

hmmm...not sure what we can do beyond what you mentioned for eyebots and sentrybot...you could slap a sarsaparilla badge on them I suppose, can't really do much that screams "western" to them other than what is listed *chuckles* Unless you could find a way to slap some of the more "western" facial hair onto them. It would be a weird sight but would make them seem even more "western".

• 2 weeks later...