Sunset Sarsaparilla's Wild Wild West World

devinpatterson

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent heard anything about this mod in a while. Is the project still going on?

Hi Riverbane, last night is the first time in quite a while I'v hopped on the boards. I feel like we have a really solid and deep story line that is practically complete. We also have some good voice talent. But there is a enormous amount of grunt work to do. I'll try and put a more streamlined synopsis in the first page, soon. But any help, if you have the time, would be greatly appreciated.

Devin had some RL stuff and has said that a lot of projects are back burnered for a while.

I feel lazy whenever I think of his itinerary.

Havent heard anything about this mod in a while. Is the project still going on?
Hi Riverbane, last night is the first time in quite a while I'v hopped on the boards. I feel like we have a really solid and deep story line that is practically complete. We also have some good voice talent. But there is a enormous amount of grunt work to do. I'll try and put a more streamlined synopsis in the first page, soon. But any help, if you have the time, would be greatly appreciated.

I did a *tad* more with the engine yesterday, have to stick my nose to the grinder...

• 8 months later...

I would love to see old western themed towns, and just some old west weapons, like the classic Peacemaker, SAA, and maybe possibly a Le Mat, and possibly a Schofield and of course some old repeaters as well, maybe some Winchesters, and maybe an 1860 Henry Repeating Rifle, that is my favorite old repeater.

I would love to see old western themed towns, and just some old west weapons, like the classic Peacemaker, SAA, and maybe possibly a Le Mat, and possibly a Schofield and of course some old repeaters as well, maybe some Winchesters, and maybe an 1860 Henry Repeating Rifle, that is my favorite old repeater.

Wasn't the lincoln rifle like the henry repeating rifle? I wonder if that's in teh BSA's for FONV.

A lot of assets are done, but it's only recently that I'v learned how to do some advanced techniques (at least advanced to me) like niVisControllers, wagons (Vid;

) etc. that are essential for my vision of the mod.

The first in the series is a reboot of the sunset sarsaparilla headquarters. It acts to set the stage for teh story of the park, introduce new opponents and begin the quest proper. Everything is essentially in place and it could be ready for play testing relatively soon. But that will depend on how much free time I have as well as how many requests & other mods I'm working on.

I will try to write up a summary of all the mods in teh series, organize the plot line, pics of resources/assets etc this weekend. If I do get it done then I can include additional notes about what needs to be done for each stage. That should give much more detailed information about what is finished and what still needs to be completed.

• 1 month later...

Great to see this is still being worked on!

Hey brother, good to hear from you :smile:

Yeah it's a good mod. Some great plot lines that we've developed and I have a cr*pload of assets. Just issues of time and tying together everything-the glue (boring stuff like navmeshing). A new/interesting development though. I'v been working on wagon's and I think I have a workable system for a "on rails" segment. Every good game should have a on rail shooter and I figured racing along at high speeds on a brahimin (or possibly mechanical horse akin to a buttercup, but larger) wagon while you get to pick off enemies, is a must for the mod.

It will use the same technique as the vid below (rigged to the scene root of a critter);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8O4VAhw58w&feature=c4-overview&list=UUhKTr5RPpqZOdIc4zt_StGw

But yeah, I need your creative genius on this and on several other threads (owb expanded, an independent NV/vivaNV, mars), as I try to gear up and start modding again.