[LE] Buy and improve Honorhall Orphanage

This is an idea i had some time ago and i want to make a mod about it.

You would be able to buy Honorhall Orphanage once Grelod "the Kind" is dead. As with other house mods, you can buy upgrades (More rooms, better beds, guards, garden, etc)

The player will have Grelod's room to live in. It will also be upgradeable.

To do only this, i'd just have to check some tutorials about house mods and improvements, but the meat of the mod is elsweyr elsewhere: The children.

If you have the Orphanage and room in it, you can choose to send orphans there instead of adopting them. Also, children in Honorhall will not beg to you about adoption. Thew will behave like normal children instead. I'd also love to introduce some Hearthfire behavior to them, like fights (But not pets...)

ideally, you would be able to house all vanilla children (Including DLCs) when you have the Orphanage fully upgraded. (Before you ask, yes, i will kill every parent in Skyrim for testing purposes :pirate: )

So, what's the deal? Well, i have NO experience at all doing this things, but i'm a quick learner at CK.

My modding experience is just armors/clothing mods and weapons. I don't know how to manage the cell editor. But i don't fear editing cells. I believe i can easily learn to do that.

I fear the children's behavior. I have no clue about how to do this. Papyrus? Just the CK, as i don't want to create additional dialogue?

Sooo i need help. I want to do this, not only to create the mod, but to learn. What can i do? Where do i start? Can any of you guys help me?

Of course, any helpers will be properly credited if the mod gets published.

Thanks for your attention.

Zarrastro

• 5 years later...

I am sad that you never took this off the ground, but here is something, 5 years later that could give it a push.

Stonehall Orphanage went Cathedral Concept as of 01/11/2019.

01/11/2019 the 1.2 is out. As promised it is now under cathedral rights, also:
- A Spell was added to sent the kid without dialogue, it is useful if you have dialogue problem or if the kids are killed by your companion. You can find the spell book in the orphanage entrance, on the table.
- The Orphanage was switched with Nelos home. Why ? because Nelos home entrance is very beautiful and fit a lot better to the ancient temple of mara as the mod lore add; also Nelos home only serve for like five minutes in the game so well, it now get the place it deserves.
- Naztari, the khajit director of the orphanage has now a dialogue to reset the kids package, if any other mod come breaking it or if the update mess with some kids, go talk to her. You can also use this to list the kids.
- Message are added when sending kid to the orphanage, now you know when they are successfully send.
- Changed the kid dialogue to be as par with the heartfire dialogue, now you won't have the orphanage dialogue after adopting them
- I remade the dining hall tapestries to be more lore alike, you will now find the 5 great cities of Skyrim on the wall of the Orphanage.

Someone could also turn Honorhall into a better orphanage after Grelod "leaves". Maybe add a second floor. It could then provide more beds and better amenities for the children there.Of course you'd need to provide materials/donations to Constance.

Even if it only added more beds and let the children run around town, it would be immersive of the changes Constance would make as the new headmistress.

Also, Orphanages could be added to Windhelm, Whiterun, Solitude, and possibly even Winterhold. Kids could run around those towns as well.

Edited by Webmetz