1. 1. what would you prefer?

• DLCs
    • expansion packs
    • 1 expansion pack and some DLCs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id love to see both for skyrim. technically expansions can be dlcs and dlcs as if you can download it it is considered a dlc(Downloadable Content). tho expansions usally contain a large amount of content(ie storylines, quests, equipment, new lands, etc). like for oblivion the shivering isles was considered an expansion as it added a ton of new content, instead of 1 new quest, a new dungeon, and 1 new set of gear like knights of the nine.

lets just hope beth gives us more than just worthless dlcs and only 1 expansion. i know that modability halps keep a game alive, but dlcs and expansions keep people coming back and gets new people interested.

I just want them to release patches, anything else is gravy.

i also agree with this cause i remember when oblivion first came out it didnt work. had to wait like 5 days for a patch. same thing happened with fallout 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope expansions, but if they do DLC fine I guess (wouldn't make me very happy) as long as they do not do Day 1 DLC. I hate it when companies cut things from the game itself then sell it to make a few extra bucks. However Bethesda seems like a company that respects their customers (They are getting lots of ideas from modders).

My two cents (Hopefully no Pre-Order either, they are almost as annoying as Day 1 DLC.)

Yeah I love what Bethesda did with Fallout 3.

Point Lookout and The Pitt were amazing. You could tell that a lot of hard work was put into those DLC's.

Oblivion DLC's were a fail though. Horse Armor? Really?

SI was great though.

@ITOS: You seem to consider the litteral definition to be the only good one, you are wrong. A DLC is a pack that only has a few content (a couple of quest, some equipment or a companion...) for a moderate price. It's not the only definition, but since it's been used like that for a few years in the videogame business and nearly everyone has adopted the term, it's one of them. If the language was only about litteral never-changing definitions, it would be really limited.

I voted B: expansions pack. I'm not a fan of DLC, I only bought one that seemed honnest but most of the time (99.9% of the time in fact) I find them too expensive for what they have to offer. Like someone said, it's particularly true for TES since the modding community can easily make as good additions than the officials DLC.

You know what would be awesome? Unreal Tournament III does this, let console owners use PC Mods. It be brilliant. Of course God or cheat mods would be out of the question, but imagine a PS3 owner or Xbox owner playing a Quest mod you made. Or have competitions to make DLC for Oblivion using modders resources.

I hope expansions, but if they do DLC fine I guess (wouldn't make me very happy) as long as they do not do Day 1 DLC. I hate it when companies cut things from the game itself then sell it to make a few extra bucks. However Bethesda seems like a company that respects their customers (They are getting lots of ideas from modders).

My two cents (Hopefully no Pre-Order either, they are almost as annoying as Day 1 DLC.)

You actually think DLCs aren't made the first day? Most likely a week after release all dlcs are done.