Ramy's Enfant

Laiko

I've been reading up on companion mods and how to change and edit them but I guess I am dumb as I just can't for the life of me - alter Ramy's race and get it working!

Has anyone ever tried altering Ramy's race and doesn't mind providing detailed instructions for a noob? I am trying to alter her race to the lop ear mini elf from x117 mini, any help is appreciated, thanks!

The custom race must be in either a master file (.esm) or else the same mod file as the companion.

Well, after reading whalecake's post here, I'm no longer sure what I said is the only way. But I've never tried his way and I do know that what I've done works.

Edited by fg109

"...just load up the required files (both the esms and esps) in the construction set, make the companion, save it, then open Wrye Bash, right click the mod, and use the 'Add Master...' command to add the esp files as masters.

Alternatively, you can just use the construction set extender, which will save the loaded esps as masters automatically.

The construction set by itself will only save loaded esm files as masters. Converting esp files to esm files to get around this is a very bad idea. "

Quoting whalecake's post.

Okay! let's put some files out: In my TES Construction Set, I go into Data and check -

Oblivion.esm

Beautiful People 2ch-ed.esm

x117race.esm

Ramy Enfant.esp(Set as Active File)

I've located the companion in the data set and opened the editor to her information but one problem is that this mod was loaded with a bsa and the editor does not recognize these files. When I try to preview it gives me a head with no eyes, mouth, etc. When I change her race to various other's it looks normal in the preview but when I try to select the Lop mini elf and several other x117 races they come out like this horrifying creature.

Advice? I swear I saw several people posting images of their customized Ramy companions, they look great! but no one bothered posting information pertaining to changing the race ;_;

Ok, well I know how to register the bsa file in the cs, if that helps. Go to the folder containing your ConstructionSet.ini file. This by default is at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion. Go to the bottom of the ini file, the last block. Towards the top of the last block, it should read:

SArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa, DLCShiveringIsles - Meshes.bsa, DLCShiveringIsles - Sounds.bsa, DLCShiveringIsles - Textures.bsa

You simply need to amend this file to add the bsa that you wish loaded. I am unsure of the name of the particular bsa file, but you can simply copy the name and paste it direcly into the list, after DLCShiveringIsles - Textures.bsa or whatever the last bsa file in this list is. This method works for me, so it should prove fine.

An alternate method is to unpack the bsa file with bsaCommander, found here:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3311

This is a simple tool to use. I personally have some issues with loading up bsa files with it, but I found that if I give it some patience, let it do its work, it will pull out of the not responding error in my task manager. Basically, I just load the program, locate and load the bsa, then smoke a cig and wait. After I am done with my smoke, it is loaded. I then click on the name bar to organize by name, click the "unselect all" box and then find my mesh/texture to alter. In your case, you would probably want to keep all the files check, then just click unpack. They will be unpacked to the out folder by default, but you can unpack them directly to your data folder if you like. I personally like to use the out folder, as it can become very cluttered. I also have a link on my desktop that goes directly to my data folder, so it is simple to find the archives to unpack.

Hope that this helped you a little,

theuseless

Hi Guys,

Just like to say everyone's comments and hints led me to a nice guide on Spell Hold, thank you!

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/26340-properly-transfering-faces/

Here I uploaded my attempt on Ramy with the Lop Ear Mini Elf. She still looks a bit too old and I tried to make her more child like but what you think? Oh another odd thing is I used the black-blue hair color and when I transfered it to Ramy, it turned out with purple strands.

New questions: I tried altering her walk animation to Pretty woman and noticed there was any option for that in the CS, I changed her walk to Porter which I enabled to use Pretty Woman in the Sensual Walk mod but it didn't work :(

Any idea why it didn't work?

This will go hand to hand when I research some other altered animations like spell singer, etc.