Path of Sorcery - Magic Perk Overhaul (WIP)

steelfeathers

Plowbat explained things pretty well. Here are my notes:

Enchanting:

-you'll get an on-screen message on nights when the moon is full

-I generally try to keep things lore-friendly, but I've found that people will always disagree on what is or is not "lore-friendly". In the nicest way possible- if a perk doesn't fit with the way you think the game should be, I don't care.

-The magnitudes of Dragon Power and Dragon Soul are locked. You won't be able to boost the power of those enchantments.

Restoration

- saving grace has no effect on essential NPCs

- Only Boethiah, Azura, Mephala, Nocturnal, and Auriel can be patrons with Dark Supplicant. The other daedra do not have shrines that can be activated, which is required for the mechanic. (Yes, I know Auriel isn't technically a daedra. But the shrine is hard to get to and gives great bonuses ala Favored Child, so I've lumped him in under this perk.)

okay i'm good with all that you said but my point in draconic infusion that you might increase of the demanded dragon souls per enchantment

and please don't make akatosh's bonus a mana regen related :tongue: he's a dragon god isn't he?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, you guys have convinced me. I'll make one last big pushed to get this thing finished, if only so the 2-3 of you can play it. :)

@evilneo: Considering the fact that the magnitude is locked, if the enchantment required more than one dragon soul it would be too expensive to be worthwhile.

I'm glad we can see the end of this. I hope you will be, too.

Neo, about playing destruction on legendary : with vanilla enchantment tree i can get 100% cost reduction, just add fortify destruction potions to this with a nice alchemy level and you're set to wreck faces with your eyes closed, and from a distance at that (bonus cookies for invisibilty spell...).Way easier than fighting foes up close and personal. But yes, early game as a mage on legendary is giving a lone wolf a nice feast.

Anyway, i don't use vanilla enchants, so i don't play on legendary anymore (enchanting awakened, awesome mod, look it up).

I never use wards on ordinary cases, most of the time i'll prefer a solid shield, either spellbreaker (even playing light armor cuz it's so good) or a well magic resist enchanted one, since you can block physical attacks and bash too. If you're not happy you can always edit the cost with the CK, it's really easy, but flat damage reduction is pretty OP combined with the percentage based one, imo the cost is right : even with the grand Ward and no resist, only the expert destruction spell get over its value, and no npc dual casts, so you only need few bonus resist to get your ward solid.

i really hope to see this project up and running in the nexus it's pretty well and balanced tho i have a little tiny request that i'm not sure if it's possible to happen or not: can you make this mod work on mid-game saves? like refunding every perk point in the magic trees so those points won't go to vain that would totally get people to use the mod

about the draconic infusion: what i see is that 100 points of armor is probably worth 3~5 dragon souls, in the end how many times would a player do the infusion?

@plowbat

i guess i'll sheath my dragonbone sword for a while and try out building destruction on my current guy i aimed to have everything anyway :D

by the way what's your difficulty set in skyrim? like what difficulty mods do you use + the vanilla's difficulty

my current set is kinda started to turn boring on bandit and draugr fights

I'm using "dark souls combat", "ultimate combat", "higher level ennemies"+its resistance cap (1000 armor instead of 560, and slightly up magic resist), "path of shadows" (harder sneaking+rebalances alchemy), "dragon combat overhaul", "EFP" bandits and mages and "deadly wenches" for monsters (bashed patch ofc). Also stamina consumption mods as "fighting fatigue", "exhaustion" (set to work together, not on top of each other), and perk mods such as "TTRSO" for blocking+magic shcools+one and two handed, "Treebalance smithing tree", speech tree redone, trade and barter, enchanting awakened.

As for difficulty i'm not using vanilla sets, but the "fine-tuned challenge" mod, which lets me decide my damage output and my ennemies's freely between x0 and x10. i'm usually kicking a x1 to x0.75 PC damage (lvl 1-50) and between 1.5 (lvl 1)and 3-4 x ennemy damage (around lvl 50), depending on my character's level, cranking it every 5 levels or something. So...something between adept and expert at the start, to master-legendary in the end. but i prefer buffing my ennemies rather than nerfing my character, because difficulty through shitloads of HP gets nowhere but to Boringland.

When starting a mage i usually go for alteration, illusion, destruction shcools, with either the frost shout (slow and/or freezing people) or the become ethereal to get some distance/heal.

@plowbat can you please tell me how can i know if i hit my armor cap?

i'm using light armor it's lvl is 100 im using dragonscale armor upgraded with max smithing and fortify smithing set

so my total armor rating is

armor set only :1059

armor set +spellbreaker shield + amulet of articulation :1228

i know this might not be the best place to ask but just wanted to ask you

Vanilla armor cap is hit at 567 armor -without a shield, it's 25 less if you have one-, so if you have not tweaked it you hit it loooong ago.

Edit : i'll try creating my own armor rating calculation mod, i just need a little help wince i won't use the vanilla system.

Edited by Plowbat