OBSE will not load. Proper Install, tried older loader etc

FreeKnight

Last I checked, OBSE works without Steam overlay enabled (I have it disabed myself). I have not had the time to play Oblivion after the Fall Creators Update thingy for Windows 10, though, so I do not know if it changed anything. But last I checked, everything worked fine (as in, Steam version of Oblivion with OBSE on Windows 10 x64). Running anything at all as administrator because of Oblivion should not be necessary, though, unless you are using the Construction Set Extender that seems to require running obse_loader.exe as administrator (and even then, the base game should not not need anything to be run as administrator).

That said, if the game is installed inside a Program Files directory (for example, the default Steam library folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\...) then that might cause all sorts of issues in and of itself. :sweat: I have my entire Steam library on another drive to avoid any of Windows' protective measures (and so I can reinstall Windows without having to redownload all the games).