Ok, suppose you had this happening in one of your mods...

HerrBaron

If you see other variables on the container, then there are other scripts that are doing something with it - through a ref-walk probably - not sure what that sorter mod does.

Something might also be operating on the player's inventory - just like any other container.

If you see other variables on the container, then there are other scripts that are doing something with it - through a ref-walk probably - not sure what that sorter mod does.

Something might also be operating on the player's inventory - just like any other container.

Yup; that would be the Inventory sorter mod; I've disabled it, but it left artifacts even in a fresh save, so I'll need to start a new char/game to test further; won't be able to do this til tonight. Interesting; I think we're on the right track here!

Can't thank you enough for the SV and SCOF tips; these have finally given me some visibility into what's actually going on with the inards of the script I write; greatly appreciated!

I did a GREP for the variables I was seeing in SV through *.ESM and *.ESP; turns out they are coming from BOE Vegas Edition, specifically from Mo'.esm; however, since I was having this issue before installing this mod, it's unlikely to be the cuprit. That said, this is another I'll disable with a fresh char/game.

Ok, here's what I did:

• Modified the code to loop the hotkeys in reverse from 8 to 1, skipping 2
  • reverted to calling GetHotkeyItem without the Player ref.
  • Started a fresh game with nearly all mods disabled.
  • Entered the tent with 2 vanilla weapons taken from Doc Mitchell's house, an AEP7 laser pistol and a 9mm pistol, nothing hotkeyed.
  • did a scof "wstn.txt"
  • did an SV on the container; vars looked normal, all zero'd.
  • activated the container and selected to move weapons to storage.
  • loop went through, moving all weapons.
  • took the 2 weapons back out of the container.
  • set the 9mm pistol on hotkey 1
  • reactivated the container to move the non-hotkeyed weapons to storage.
  • Hotkey loop hit item 8 (the first one).
  • Game crashed to desktop.

I've attached the dump; right now, I'd have to say GetHotkeyItem is porked, bigtime.

Ok, here's what I did:

• Modified the code to loop the hotkeys in reverse from 8 to 1, skipping 2
  • reverted to calling GetHotkeyItem without the Player ref.
  • Started a fresh game with nearly all mods disabled.
  • Entered the tent with 2 vanilla weapons taken from Doc Mitchell's house, an AEP7 laser pistol and a 9mm pistol, nothing hotkeyed.
  • did a scof "wstn.txt"
  • did an SV on the container; vars looked normal, all zero'd.
  • activated the container and selected to move weapons to storage.
  • loop went through, moving all weapons.
  • took the 2 weapons back out of the container.
  • set the 9mm pistol on hotkey 1
  • reactivated the container to move the non-hotkeyed weapons to storage.
  • Hotkey loop hit item 8 (the first one).
  • Game crashed to desktop.

This is all repeatable. I've attached the dump; right now, I'd have to say GetHotkeyItem is porked, bigtime.

Here's another one, same procedure as above, but crashed with nothing hotkeyed and died on the first hotkey checked. The crash dump from Windows is also shown, clearly indicating a crash in nvse_1_1.dll.

When I test it on my computer, we aren't really testing apples-to-apples (no pun intended). I have Vista x64 and according to your appcrash you have Win 7 something ?

When I test it on my computer, we aren't really testing apples-to-apples (no pun intended). I have Vista x64 and according to your appcrash you have Win 7 something ?

Yeah; running Win7 Ultimate.