In DESPERATE need of help with custom player animation.

jewfish

Hello all. I've been working on creating new animations for a Doctor Who inspired mod called "Fallout Who Vegas" (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50132/?) for an aspect of said mod called "Regeneration". I'm having a bit of trouble with the more complex movements, and I can't find any good tutorials on the subject. Here is a video of one of the two basic animations I have as of now I'd really like to do ones where the player falls down and gets up, and complex things like that. Another problem I'm having is, for example, is that if I have the animation spread the legs at, say, keyframe 50, it doesn't wait until 50 to spread them, they just slide gradually until reaching 50. I'm using 3DS Max 2012, if anyone can help, it would be forever appreciated

Edited by jewfish

Sounds like you are not setting a keyframe to start the motion.

If you want the leg to move at keyframe 50, then you will have to set a keyframe at 49 that is in the default position. Then set a keyframe at something like 60 that is the completed movement. Then the movement will happen from 50-60.

What is happening with your animation is that it is reading 0 as the start of the motion and 50 as the end, so the action is happening between 0-50. You always have to define a starting position and ending position keyframe. If something doesn't move until keyframe 275, then you have to set a default keyframe at 274 saying that from 0-274 that particular part does not move.

• 1 month later...

Hello all. I've been working on creating new animations for a Doctor Who inspired mod called "Fallout Who Vegas" (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50132/?) for an aspect of said mod called "Regeneration". I'm having a bit of trouble with the more complex movements, and I can't find any good tutorials on the subject. Here is a video of one of the two basic animations I have as of now I'd really like to do ones where the player falls down and gets up, and complex things like that. Another problem I'm having is, for example, is that if I have the animation spread the legs at, say, keyframe 50, it doesn't wait until 50 to spread them, they just slide gradually until reaching 50. I'm using 3DS Max 2012, if anyone can help, it would be forever appreciated

I realize this reply took forever but THANK YOOOOOOOU!