FO3 on Windows 10

TBSteve

Hey guys...very mild computer person here. I've got enough knowledge to "get by" and I usually stick to watching Gopher's youtube playlists when it comes to modding. SO, without his excellent guidance, I am at my whit's end trying to get Fallout 3 to work. I just don't know what to do. It crashes no matter what I do...steam launcher....direct exe launcher from the game folder....FOSE....compatibility....nothing!

Can anyone shed some light on anything I need to do?

THank you!

I have a gaming SSD that I put all games on, Steam is on it as well as mod manager etc. I just realized when you asked that question that games for windows live is on my Main SSD. Do you think if I put GFWL on my gaming SSD it might fix the issue? Or did you have something else in mind? Thanks for your response.

OS is what?

answer ,no. leave it alone.

Motherboard is what?

Processor is what?

reasons asking is here:

1. operating system..if new win10? still remains things about hardware issues.
  2. second. hardware issues with graphics and this game.
  3. 3rd. xlive controls need to be there...in the games folder with the game I have a screen shot if required as to what needs to be there.
  4. xlive is NOT required IF it is a steam download because the data is live on steam....will not allow the game to run in off line mode. DRM

any more info is helpful.

Hey guys...very mild computer person here. I've got enough knowledge to "get by" and I usually stick to watching Gopher's youtube playlists when it comes to modding. SO, without his excellent guidance, I am at my whit's end trying to get Fallout 3 to work. I just don't know what to do. It crashes no matter what I do...steam launcher....direct exe launcher from the game folder....FOSE....compatibility....nothing!

Can anyone shed some light on anything I need to do?

THank you!

Windows 10 solution - for my part, i didnt need more than the windows live game client from microsoft in my post's link on my Windows 10 home, but both my Technical Preview and my Enterprise needed bot the Windows live games, .dll file and the fallout.ini fix in order to work. but that's on a labtop, wich might b the reason -

link 2 my earlier post ->

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3094979-windows-8-81-and-win10-fix/&do=findComment&comment=27462614

Issey-

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a GTX970. I tried all of the aforementioned fixes...including the Nexus fix. It is still crashing. I don't know what is going on. This sucks. I feel like I am missing something. GFWL, should that be on the same harddrive or should it not matter? I disabled it, anyways.

Edit: And yes, it is a steam game.

Edited by TBSteve

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a GTX970. I tried all of the aforementioned fixes...including the Nexus fix. It is still crashing. I don't know what is going on. This sucks. I feel like I am missing something. GFWL, should that be on the same harddrive or should it not matter? I disabled it, anyways.

Edit: And yes, it is a steam game.

I'm going to provide some insight here for you specifically only because you desire to run this game.

The target here is (GFWL) and windows 10....I am betting it's 64bit too, and there is a version built for 32bit. Not being pushed. THE ISO images provided in the 1 year trial basis give this option to insiders.

here's the problem...modern progresses are going away from that format, a format which the code "32bit" is required,,,not emulators.

so. to the point. open your control panel and find admin tools /services Find event manager. open that. in the windows apps cat...look for this.

http://s26.postimg.org/4i9suxqq1/apps.jpg

now if you find this any where on that system I need to know.

windows 10 has the correct *.dlls for xlive built in.

Okay thanks! I will do so when I get home from work. I work weird hours haha. I DO remember spotting 32 bit on a few things when I was tweaking some stuff. I have a feeling I need to wipe FO3 and wipe GFWL and install them from scratch...

Okay thanks! I will do so when I get home from work. I work weird hours haha. I DO remember spotting 32 bit on a few things when I was tweaking some stuff. I have a feeling I need to wipe FO3 and wipe GFWL and install them from scratch...

I made a pictorial for you

http://postimg.org/gallery/1ukajqz92/

make sure you have some sort of add blockers going. I have no idea if there are any, I just saw one pop in on one shot I deleted.

Could have been a hitch hiker ?