Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was hoping that Darkedge would come along with another post, but he's still dealing with his own things at the moment. I made another post in the actual role-play and now I'm letting you all know here. I figured I should go ahead and bump these threads up a couple of notches so they wouldn't look lost or forgotten.

Well, I was hoping that Darkedge would come along with another post, but he's still dealing with his own things at the moment. I made another post in the actual role-play and now I'm letting you all know here. I figured I should go ahead and bump these threads up a couple of notches so they wouldn't look lost or forgotten.

Oi, you impatient person. :sweat: I can't help it I don't have decent internet (or any internet) at my house! :P Anyways, I posted . . . So :P :P :P

Also, anyone got any ideas what we should do after we get back to the Fort?

"Impatient"? You insult me, sir! Anyway...I would have waited longer were it not for the role-play slowly dribbling down the list. Just wanted to make sure it stayed on the first page.

Hey Chrys . . . Hey, buddy. POST!!!! ;)

Ok guys, I gotta post this. >.< The Emperor is STILL alive, so that means the Dragonfires are still lit, which means that a stable portal to Oblivion is impossible. What I did with the Dremora was basically a temporary portal to allow the Dremora to come to Nirn under Mehrune's orders. <.< So I think that the post about the Oblivion Gate needs to be edited, cause it contradicts lore. Also, everyone is weary and would only be slain if it did open then. Velanya and everyone at the Fort just succeeded in repelling another attack, and Adrynn and company are weary from battling at Kogruhn. So I think Zephyr needs to edit his post to reflect this. :P

(sorry Zephyr!)

In regards to the Oblivion gate in my post, I was working partially off of the temporary gate (although I didn't realize that it was temporary at the time) that was opened earlier, and partially off of the Oblivion lore regarding the Mysterium Xarxes. Camoran made his own pocket realm of Oblivion using the Mysterium Xarxes's instructions, which required the Blood of a Daedra, Blood of the Divines and a Great Welkynd Stone (though I think that was substitute-able in the book, the Great Welkynd stones just fit the bill.). I was going to tie all of this in to the Oblivion Gate as it seemed these other portals were independent of the Dragonfires and their status. I believe that that is all kosher with lore but I may be wrong, in which case I'll change my post drastically to reflect that. I'll also change the appearance of the Oblivion Gate as the portals from the Mysterium Xarxes lore are different from the true "gates." Additionally, the ability to form temporary gates for longer periods of time can be explained as the weakening of the Emperor and, by extension, the Dragonfires. So this gate could also be temporary and unstable but still unleash a decent horde before it collapses which I don't think would contradict lore a lot. If anyone thinks this does contradict lore (too much [idk if it does or not, I don't think so but I've been wrong before for sure]) please just tell me and I'll fix it, but I think these explanations are sufficient. Also please send me a link to this stuff, not because I don't trust any of you but more because I like to brush up on my lore :P HOKAI! Thanks.

Ok, the full Oblivion gate is a no go... But the temporary portal is feasible. Just like at Kogoruhn, one could open and spew out some Dremora on the orders of Camoran to attack the fort. <.< (im posting this from a phone, so please excuse the typos) Although another attack would just increase casualties, we do have the Blades force and the team from Kogoruhn to boilster defences. So what do you guys think? Go ahead with it? (And just think, this is just day four in the RPs timeline) <.<