Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Adrynn Indarys, The Broken Sun Cargo Hold

Adrynn watched the emotional breakdown of the Nerevarine, and the silent yet raging fury of the former Dark Brotherhood assassin. It seemed to him there was more to her behind the mask of her face. He waited until she left, then he made his way over to the Nerevarine, who was still sobbing. The Redoran felt his brand blaze before he rested it on the Nerevarine's head.

"Do not blame yourself for what has happened. It's not your fault, nor is it your responsibility," Adrynn said, feeling a small wave of pity sweeping through his body. He couldn't bear to see the once great hero of Morrowind like this.

"But... it is my... fault. I'm the one who caused this. I... should be the one.... who takes care of it..." The Nerevarine said through the tears streaming down his face. Adrynn crouched and looked the Incarnate in the face.

"No, Incarnate. That is why I am here. This is the reason Azura chose me. So I could free you from this terrible fate and make sure you live through this," Adrynn said, his face set into a determined scowl.

"Caius... Please bring me Caius... I need to tell... him I'm... sorry," the Incarnate said, another sob choking him.

Adrynn nodded. He went up the the hatched and opened it. He could see Caius and Lecuaro talking by the mast. "Caius, when you get a moment, come down here please. Our guest would like a word with you."

Garila Indarys, The Broken Sun Top Deck

Garila sighed. She understood Velanya's frustrations. She knew how hard it was to do nothing but travel and fight for long stretches of time. She remembered Adrynn's long tours away from home during the Sixth House crisis. He and his men had guarded the northern Ashlands from the wild and savage corpus monsters of Dagoth Ur. She remembered him coming back, tired, angry, and frustrated from how hopeless he felt everytime one of his men died or contracted the horrible disease.

"It will be over the sooner we get there, right?" Garila said, trying to see the silver lining.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caius Cosades and Velanya Therys, the Broken Sun, Top Deck

The Spymaster was about to respond to Lecuaro when Adrynn emerged, telling him that the Incarnate wished to see him. Caius went without a word, pushing past Lecuaro and the Redoran and descending through the trap door.

Velanya's keen ears had picked up Adrynn's words, and she took Garila's arm, "The Nerevarine has asked to see Caius!"

Saint Iodiria, High Chapel, Mournhold.

The saint's calm eyes radiated brilliant yellow light in the chamber, only lit by the seeping molten-metal that ran through it's walls, her posture was perfect, her air was dignified, and her face unreadable. In front of her was an Imperial man, he was quite tall for his race, but still not quite as tall as the saint. His face was bright red from both embarrassment and frustration, his hand pointed accusingly at the woman sitting calmly on the throne, his arm shaking violently.

"Don't try and feed me your pathetic teachings Dunmer! You ordered that attack and you damn well know it! By the nine you do!" He said, a voice full of anger, annoyance, and frustration. he had been in audience for more than an hour and had still gotten nothing from the mournful saint. As he took a step forwards, the two Hands closest to the throne drew there scimitar's and pointed threateningly at his throat, and unlike his arms, theirs were stiff as steel.

"Enough." Iodiria replied, still with an air of calm. She raised her hand and both hands returned to there stations.

"While in the centre of my temple i do not know what you were expecting, other than my teachings. The death of your noble was a tragic event, and despite his... meddling in my affairs shall we conclude, i still show my respect in mourning dress." She said, gesturing to her black attire with her hands. "You may tell king Helseth to send a dog with less bark and more bite. Screaming the odds in here will do you no good human child, proof is something you are fully lacking. You had a sighting from a drunken old ship captain who says he saw a group of ordinators enter Mr. Mari's home, and then in the morning he was found dead. That, i don't believe counts as evidence in any court, not even in the affront that is your Imperial puppet show." Iodiria said coldly, her eyes expressing her anger, the rest of her perfectly calm.

"He was no drunken sea captain! he was one of our captains! Bringing in a shipment of our goods!" The imperial court member barked.

"Oh was he now? Then, may I ask, why was he arrested at port for carrying shipment's of illegally obtained enchanted weaponry? My oh my, what was your puppet in a crown planning? I think the allegations of conspiracy against me should be turned around to your king, it is not I whom is buying in items from the black market to attempt to be rid of a saint, am I?" Iodiria remarked in a tone of amusement, the side of her mouth upturned in smile. "Hands! Show this dog out, and if he refuses to go peacefully, discipline him."

Adrynn and Garila Indarys, The Broken Sun

Adrynn nodded as Caius passed by him wordlessly. The Redoran knew how much this would impact the aging Spymaster. He glanced to Velanya and Garila and noticed the former's anxious excitement. He nodded to them before following Caius back into the cargo hold. He leaned against the support beam and crossed his arms. This would be interesting to say the least.

Garila's brows knotted in confusion. "Ok, I think it's time you told me the truth, Velanya. When you two came to Bal Isra, he was Cassius. Now he's Caius. Which is it, and why does he hide his real self?

Velanya Therys, the Broken Sun, Top Deck

The Knight Errant cursed. She should have thought about using the Spymaster's real name in front of Garila. Ah, well...she would have found out sooner or later.

Velanya moved closer to the Redoran, whispering, "Alright, look. I might as well just come out and tell you this right now: whether you like it or not, you're in the middle of a Blade's operation. Caius is really just Caius...Cassius was his cover name. And this isn't just any Caius we're talking about, here. This is Caius Cosades - the Nerevarine's former Spymaster and trainer. Ever since Berel Sala exposed the Nerevarine and, subsequently, Caius himself, the old man has been having to live under cover names around the general public. The only reason we don't use it is because..." she paused, wondering if she should expose Adrynn as well. She shook her head. Garila was his wife, and she had a right to know. And Lecuaro was likely to be found out sooner or later as well.

"...is because we're Blades. All of us. Me, Lecuaro, and even your husband. Adrynn and I are under Caius's command, now. I'm not really sure about Lecuaro, but I know he and the Spymaster go way back. We were sent to Fort Floodgate under the Emperor's orders...to find out what was going on out there. That's when we found the Ashlander army and the Nerevarine at Kogoruhn. Caius has been charged with picking up the pieces that the Incarnate left in his destructive wake, and now it's falling to us to find a cure for his Daedra-induced madness. Not only that, but it seems that the cult partially responsible for this mess is also planning to assassinate the Emperor and his sons to bring about some new world order."

Velanya sighed, "Look. I know this sounds insane. I wouldn't believe it either, if I hadn't lived through what I have. Anyway, keep all of this to yourself and Adrynn. And don't be surprised if Caius blackmails you into joining the Blades, too - you know too much, now. Sooner or later, the coot's 'gonna find out what I told you; he may be old, but he's anything but stupid...and he never stays ignorant for long."

Caius Cosades, the Broken Sun, Cargo Hold

The Spymaster kept his hand on his katana, standing about twenty feet away from the bound Nerevarine. Ayra was in a heap on the floor in front of the Incarnate, and it looked as both of them had been weeping. He felt a lump lodge itself in his throat as he met the Nerevarine's eyes. There was so much pain and anger bound up in them that it was almost palpable. It was a pitiful sight, and he wondered how long the hero would be able to hold on to this temporary lucidity.

When he finally found his voice, it came out in a harsh whisper, "I always told you to be careful, didn't I, boy? Now look what you've gotten yourself into."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Garila Indarys, The Broken Sun, Top Deck

Garila's eyes widened as Velanya hurried whispered her the news. So, that was why.... She closed her eyes and breathed deeply. She hated that Adrynn had been looped into a scheme of the Blade's and it seemed like she was about to be as well.

"Thank you, Velanya. Now I understand all the secrecy behind this operation," she said, slowly standing up and leaning against the deck's railing. She glanced toward the front of the ship and could see the steep hills of the peninsula that jutted out into the Inner Sea. They would be passing by Tel Branora, it seemed. She snorted. Blasted Telvanni...

Adrynn Indarys, The Broken Sun Below Decks

Adrynn shifted slightly. He could see how much emotion the Spymaster was keeping under tight control. The Imperial's ears were red, and Adrynn could see the vein in his neck pulsing under his skin.

The Nerevarine lifted his head and saw Caius standing there, his hands on his sword, and sighed. Adrynn saw more tears stream down the Incarnate's face.

"Caius... I'm.. I'm so sorry.... I did everything... I could... Yet this still happened..." A sob choked the Incarnate. Adrynn shifted again. He didn't like one of the most powerful people he knew of to be in such a state.

"What happened? What is going to happen? Where... where did you go, Caius? Why did you... leave me here?"

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - The Broken Sun, Top Deck

Lecuaro remained above while Caius went below to see the Nerevarine. He stayed thoughtfully leaned against the mast, watching the seaside Telvanni city of Tel Branora slowly materialize along the coast. They passed by the town quickly enough, and thankfully without any interfering boat traffic or nosy wizards cropping up. By the time the ship was past Vvardenfell's southern tip and within sight of Molag Mar, the night given way to dawn, turning the dimpled sea to gold, and cloaking the Ashlands rock and the Velothi canton beyond in surreal crimson.

"Ah, there she is at last. Good thing the wind's still right enough to carry us up through the outlet." Captain Arteso remarked as he glided in toward the channel's mouth.

Despite it's bulk, the ferry stoically forged its way up through the small river, finally ending up in the small harbor attached to the Redoran stronghold of Molag Mar. The captain smoothly slid the ship in behind another, leaving enough room to turn out, and led the other crewmen present in a chorus of relieved guffaws. Lecuaro gave a huge sigh of relief. Even though everyone was exhausted, at least they were steadily making progress. After stocking up on a few supplies, Azura's Shrine was the next stop.

"Well there ye be, travelers! One trip to Molag Mar done!" Arteso proclaimed as he approached Lecuaro with an outstretched hand.

"And we can't thank you enough for getting us here, serjo." Lecuaro replied as he clasped the man's hand.

"Bah, think nothin' of it! Especially after clobberin' those damned pirates. Saved our hides, you did." Arteso insisted as he started toward the hatch to inform the others of the arrival.

"You coming, ladies?" Lecuaro asked Velanya and Garila as he fell in behind the captain.

Velanya Therys, the Broken Sun, Top Deck

"Sure thing, sir," the Knight Errant replied with a yawn. Perhaps they could stop for a little cat nap? They hadn't slept in quite a while.

Caius Cosades, the Broken Sun, Cargo Hold

Lecuaro had poked his head in and announced their arrival. The Spymaster gestured to Adrynn, "All right. Let's take care of our cargo."

He moved closer to the Nerevarine and answered, "I had to go to Cyrodiil, don't you remember?"

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Adrynn and Garila Indarys, The Broken Sun, Molag Mar

Adrynn nodded when Lecuaro announced their arrival. It was about time. He was already gathering the materials needed to bind the Nerevarine when Caius mentioned it. The Redoran stepped up to the Incarnate with the gag in his hand.

"Are you going to come along quietly or will we have to knock you unconscious again?" Adrynn asked, a hard look on his face. The Nerevarine hung his head as best as he could through his bound arms.

"Do, do what you need to... I'm... I'm ready to be free of this horrible curse...."

Adrynn nodded and slid the gag into the Incarnate's mouth, tying it tight so he couldn't yell or scream if his madness did overtake him again. Adrynn pulled out his dagger and cut the cord holding the Nerevarine to the ship and quickly caught him before he collapsed to the floor. Sitting in one position bound as he had been had made him stiff and unable to move. It was both a blessing and a curse. It meant that the Incarnate couldn't take off running and get away, but it also meant that he had to be carried to wherever they were going. Adrynn sighed and bound the Incarnate's hands behind his back and also tied a short rope between his ankles. It allowed him to walk, but he wouldn't be able to kick or run anywhere.

"Caius, mind guarding behind us? I think he can walk..." Adrynn said, pulling the Nerevarine up to a standing position by his elbows. Adrynn remembered how recognizable the Incarnate's face was and grabbed a bag off of a nearby crate.

"Sorry about this, but it's for everyone's own good," Adrynn said, sliding the bag over the Nerevarine's head. He nodded to Caius before pushing the Incarnate up the steps and leading the way on deck. He nodded to Lecuaro and Velanya.

Garila sighed as she saw the canton of Molag Mar above her. She was tired. She was just a bit irritated at all the secrets around her which had just been revealed. Not to mention she had to watch her husband guard one of the most dangerous people on Nirn. She came up to him as he and Caius exited the cargo hold.

"We have some things to discuss, dear," she said, her eyes showing how aggravated she was. Adrynn nodded.

"Aye. But not now. Come, let's get our prisoner here up to the top of the canton," he said as they moved onto the solid Velothi canton. He sighed as he felt the cool hard stone under his boots. Solid land, at last.

He turned to Caius and Lecuaro. "Where do you think we should put him while we get supplies? I know the Armingers have a cell to spare, but I'm not sure how they would react if they found out who he was. And there is also the Redoran stronghold. I was going to head there to pick up some supplies anyways. What do you guys think?"

Ayra, Molag Mar

The Broken Sun barely had time to properly stop, before Ayra was already jumping off the boat and into the water below. She was out of Concealment potion, and she couldn't afford to show her face around the public, especially a temple dwelling like Molag Mar.

She swam through what little water there was between the now docked ship and the jagged shore line of the Molag Amur region. When she finally stepped onto shore, she looked back, only to see Ulfgar calling and swimming after her. She gave a small mischievous smile; it was funny seeing a giant of a man, calling after her and now swimming just to keep up with you. She knew she never really made it easy for him, but was thankful all the same.

"Should we really have left those people back there like that? They seemed like decent folk, and are setting out for the same purpose we are," he said with a slight frown. "I wish yeh wouldn't take off like that."

Ayra said nothing. She merely looked ahead at the path laid out before them, a glazed expression showing through those icy blue eyes. Truth be told, she thought they were decent people too, but the fact remained; she worked better alone, and teaming up with people she didn't know at all, who would undoubtedly try and kill her if they ever found out who she was...well it wasn't a very appealing reason to stay. No, this is far better, she thought.

She started to walk ahead, following the charred path of one of the foyadas, not saying a word. There was only one thing on her mind; taking down the scum that had hurt one of the only people she truly cared about. And so she continued to walk along the barren path, her sapphire eyes burning with a fierce determination.