Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Lecuaro's Office

"I am Lecuaro Marczon, commander of this fort. It is my understanding that you wish to be of assistance to us." Lecuaro said.

The Breton then rose up and leaned forward with his hands on the desk. "First off though, where are you from...and what's your trade?"

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dar'krinji. Fort Floodgate, Lecuaro's Office

Dar took a seat, and thought for a second just how to answer this question. He finally came to find the best words he could.

"I am from the windy deserts of Elsweyr, and my trade is not that of a normal, or particularly moral trade. I am what you may call a thief, or a beggar, perhaps maybe even a rogue."

Velanya Therys, Fort Buckmoth Interior

Nice. Blackmail.

"Well," the Dunmer sighed, throwing her hands up, "looks like the choice has been made for me. What does His Majesty want me to do?"

Caius smiled gently, "Don't look at it as coercion, Miss Therys. Think of it as a reward that would be impolite to refuse. Now, you mentioned recovering an amulet from the Ashlanders who attacked you. May I see it?"

You're asking me to see an amulet after threatening to kill me for refusing to join you? She thought as she pulled it from her belt pouch and dropped it into Caius's gloved hand.

He turned it over, frowning slightly, "As I suspected. I have two more like these, myself. On every one, the runes are slightly different. I'm willing to bet money that they each mean different things, but we can't pinpoint the language - not yet, at least.

"You're thinking there's been more attacks like this. You're right, Miss Therys. Groups of Ashlanders with no tribe or identification - save for these amulets - have been attacking travelers for the past few months. And the targets aren't the usual pilgrims, either."

Caius handed the amulet back to her and began to pace, "These crazies have been assaulting high profile citizens: legionnaires of note like yourself, envoys, ambassadors, Great House councilmen...and just a day ago, they mounted the largest assault yet."

He stopped and faced her, "You know of Fort Floodgate, yes?"

Velanya nodded, "Commanded by Lecuaro Marczon. North of Ald'ruhn."

"They were attacked by an Ashlander army. Now, I don't know too much about Ashlanders - even after my last novice - but that's as fishy as slaughterfish stew to me. And that's why we're going to Fort Floodgate today. There's a Blades safehouse at the Fort, and we'll rendezvous with the commander there. Now, go pack your things and meet me in the courtyard. We need to get to the Fort before nightfall."

"What? We're leaving now? But," her stomach growled very loudly, "but I'm starving! I need to eat breakfast, even if it is just a few bites."

"You'll live," Caius replied, "We'll stop at Bal Isra along the way and barter for some food then. Now get going!"

"Thief...typical occupation for a Khajiit, but I sense there's something more to this creature." Lecuaro thought to himself.

"Well, Dar'Krinji...by telling me you are a thief, I assume you are well-versed in the arts of stealth and observation? Possibly spying?" Lecuaro asked.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Throughout the night Kriak's disembodied eye had combed the fort looking for all manner of secrets, and strategical points. The guard changed every 3 hours like clockwork, he surmised that anyone who was late had been taught the meaning of punctuality enough times to not do so again. The battlements were always well patrolled despite the large amount of men dispatched to clear bodies. There was altogether to many men for a fort of this size...Then he found it. Something truelly of note, a hidden passage way that led to a very interesting room and noticed the commander rising from bed at this time. The eye vanished into shadow.

Kriak awoke with a slight smirk on his face for a brief instant before it vanished again. He grabbed his rucksack then strolled the battlements towards the main watchtower and noticed a Khajit and another soldier enter the tower. Seeing as it was clearly something of import occuring with a newcomer arriving Kria tucked himself into a niche of the walls and melted into the shadows...

In the commander's office Kriak appeared from a darkened corner, to one not accutely aware to the rooms exact arrangement or extremely observant it could have appeared as though he had merely stood there waiting for something. "It seems that I've found a colleague then." Kriak said standing just behind the commander.

Lecuaro moved to the side and spun around slowly. The tall frame of Kriak gradually came into his view. He was slightly surprised...but then, he was rarely shocked anymore. He eyed the large man briefly before speaking.

"Well there you are, Kriak.......could you please take a seat beside Dar'Krinji over here?"

As Dar told Lecuaro of his skill set, he could see the skepticism in is face.

As the large being with red eyes appeared, he couldn't help feeling mistrust for this man. He watched as this man walked over and sat beside him, grimacing. Then he turned to Lecuaro, and told him,

"I am extremely well trained in the art of stealth and sneaking. And with my keen Khajiiti eye, I believe I could easily pull off your spying duties."

Edited by nethgros

"Hmm.......seems like you could be useful, Dar'Krinji. I was actually considering the fellow next to you for the same occupation. Problem is, I haven't seen either of you in action. However, I think I can remedy that with two challenges. What say you two?" Lecuaro asked as he sat back down in his chair.

Hearing the opportunity for some head-to-head stealthy action, Dar grinned.

"Of course, I love a good challenge!"

Kriak grinned briefly, "Of course, I always relish a challenge, and if the gentleman next to me lives up to his heritage this should be interesting at the very least." hmm perhaps this won't be as boring as I had thought "What are the challenges then?"