Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Edward Wildeve, Indarys Manor, Bal Isra

Edward had walked back to his room and was feeling under his bed for the familiar canvas of his medical supplies. Finding them he pulled them out and attached the bag to his belt. His other supplies were quickly found, and with his traveling bag over his shoulder and his sword in hand he walked to the smithy to see if his scabbard was done.

Edward wandered into the smithy, the Dunmer was there, admiring what seemed to be a damn fine blade. He turned his attention to the smith, seeing him working on his scabbard. He wondered whether it would be done in time for the newcomers quick schedule.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velanya Therys, Bal Isra, Manor Services Hut

Velanya took the finished blade, unsheathed it slightly, and held it to the light, admiring the smith's handiwork. She grinned back at the Dunmer. He did a fine job - worth every septim.

She glanced up when the door opened. Edward stepped in, his bare sword an indication that the scabbard the smith was finishing was his. As she belted her sword back on, she nodded to him.

"Are you all set? Looks like the smith will be done soon, and we can be off," she said, adding, "We may have to tie a leash around Cassius here, to keep him from running too far ahead."

Caius snorted, "I'd like to see you try."

Her burgundy eyes flashed, "Don't tempt me."

"Yeah, I've got my things" replied Edward, ignoring the banter between the two. He wondered what their relationship was, the elf was the one clothed in imperial armor yet this Cassius man seemed to act with some authority. He didn't speak these thoughts though, preferring to keep to himself.

Kriak was quickly becoming quite annoyed with all of the illusion magic. Alright Breton, enough games. Kriak unsheathed his pearl-pommel dagger and thrust it into a stone in the floor pulverizing it. A few guards suddenly stopped as the tremor shook the hall. Krak whispered an incantation and suddenly 7 specters, 3 human-like, 3 skeletal and the last a mixture of the two encircled the woodsman. "Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon. Breton, legion commander, Blade. Seal the halls and trap him like a rat. If you see a khajiit, destroy his atronach and incapacitate him do not kill him. Do this and this soul-" Kriak tossed a peculiar soul gem in the air, "Is yours. Now go." The wraiths flew through the corridors and break neck speeds every 10 feet they erected great black barriers sealing off sections of the walls, the communicated to each other through a strange hissing language. Kriak ran through each of these as his servants roved the halls and sealed them he was hot on Lecuaro's trail, following that of Dar, but this time Kriak was sure of where he would end up, and even if he didn't go there, there was plenty of leverage to make him go there. Kriak's expression turned to a slight snarl of determination and grim satisfaction. He dashed through the halls until he found the place he was looking for. He tapped a stone and the wall seemed to come alive as the stones folded in revealing the hall to the Blades' sanctum. Kriak closed the door and lay in wait.

The wraiths knew the very souls of every man, woman and child in existance thus was their purpose and existance, servants of Likarz they served to chronicle each individual's life and thus determine their fate in the afterlife. They hunted not by sight but by an ethereal sense that no magic could fool.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse: Second Challenge's End

"Well well...so the woodsman has found this fort's other function." The Breton said as he emerged from a secret alcove. He could tell from Kriak's face that he hadn't even noticed the alcove.

"It appears that you win. But as you can see, I can be far less predictable than expected. Besides, you would have eventually sensed the alcove and uncovered me." He said plainly, neither in arrogance nor exasperation. "You can call off your spirits now...we do not need the people here anymore riled up."

Lecuaro took a seat by a table near the center of the room. "So...when do you suppose Dar'Krinji will get here?"

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Dar'krinji. Fort Floodgate, Blades Sanctum.

Just as Lecuaro spoke out about his arrival, Dar's atronach walked in, with Dar behind it.

"I'm not really surprised you're here Kriak, it was obvious that it would end this way."

Dar sat down and took out his skooma and pipe, taking a nice long smoke, "That was some tiresome business there. Let's take a rest, eh?"

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse

"Indeed. That was tiresome. Still, it was much shorter than usual. It appears you two are worth your salt after all." Lecuaro said as he leaned back in the chair and propped his feet up on the table. "I wouldn't worry too much about the people here being afraid of Kriak's friends...I've certainly seen nastier."

Not five seconds after he spoke this, a soldier burst through the doorway, his cheeks red.

"Sir! The Ashlanders! They're back, lots of 'em!" He said in between wheezes.

Lecuaro's stomach twisted into a knot. They're back? What the hell's gotten into them?

As the Breton rose, the war cries of both his men and the Ashlanders reached his ears. He unshouldered his bow and looked it over.

"Kriak, I'm sure you know your way to the armory. Take Dar'Krinji there and both of you grab your ranged weapons of choice." He said before dashing for the top of the fort.

Gilyne Omarel, Bal Isra, Manor Services Hut

Gilyne glanced up as Edward walked in the door. Grinning, he slid a thick leather belt through the scabbard straps and handed it to Edward. "Here you go sir. All finished. It should fit your blade snugly."

Kriak raised the soul gem he had tossed up earlier and sliced it with his dagger, a dark mist seemed to scream out of the gem and be absorbed by the pearl in the pommel. "To clarify dear commander, you are certainly not predictable but the realm is. You don't have time vacuums where people age but a day over the course of 50 years or where a newborn becomes a decrepit old man in the span of seconds. My realm is far different than this one, and the techniques that are vital to survival there outpace this realm with ease, even if they don't always outpace the people. The wraiths are gone, and there are far nastier things than they but terror is not their purpose, location and observation however, are. Now then on to business. Dar I have my bow with me, I presume you still have knives but if you want more ammunition the armory is this way." Kriak started, then he noticed a man in Bonemold armor with a Daedric Katana within the stronghold, he had seen the man in his observations but now it seemed he would make an excellent ally in this coming battle, he opted to rouse his sleeping form. "Wake up serah, ashlanders at the walls and I have a feeling you know how to use that." Kriak said, gesturing to the blade. "I will see you on the battlefield, Dar come wih me or meet the commander on the battlements, your choice my friend." Kriak said as he headed towards an exit to the fort exterior.

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse

Adrynn felt movement all around him, voices yelling to other voices close and far. He felt a large presence near by. "Wake up serah, ashlanders are at the walls . . . " This made it's way to his fuzzy mind, still tormented by the nightmares of the past night.

Ashlanders? he thought to himself, still trying to piece together what was going on . . .

Then it hit him, and the memories flooded back. Ashlanders! his mind screamed, throwing off the shackles of Vaermina's nightmares as he sat up, rising from the dark and into the light.

Bewildered, Adrynn looked around, noticed the Kraik the hunter heading toward the armory and a new figure, that of a Khajiit, following close behind. Resting his head in his hands, he shook off the last traces of the Daedric spell and stood, following Kraik into the armory. There, he grabbed a helm and a sheild, a bow, a quiver of arrows, and a few assorted daggers, which he strapped to his belt and slid into his boots.

"Thank you for waking me Kraik. I appreciate it, or I would have missed this," Adrynn said, his face set in stone as he gathered his equipment. He then made his way out of the armory and up the stairs, following his memories to lead him to Lecuaro. Emerging into the morning light, Adrynn saw Lecuaro standing over the battlements, looking down.

"Morning Lecuaro. You should have awoken me sooner," Adrynn said, looking down into the masses of Ashlanders. How could they have gathered so many in one night?! he asked himself, his crimson eyes starting to glow with power in anticipation of the battle to come.