Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Edward Wildeve/ Ald-Ruhn

Edward watched the Dark elf leave the building and, picking up his sword and resting it on his shoulder followed him outside. He squinted against the storm trying make out which way he went, "Stronghold to run....maybe this man can offer me work, I can't imagine it to be easy to protect a stronghold in these wastes... then again these elves never seem inclined to offer work to outsiders like me" His stomach growled and he looked at it sadly "still, its worth a try", his mind made up Edward yelled out, hoping his voice would carry through the ash.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrynn Indarys, Outskirts of Ald-Ruhn

Adrynn was just passing between the twin guard towers of the main gate of Ald-Ruhn when a voice rang out behind him. Stopping, he spun around and peered through the ash, trying to find who had called out. He noticed a cloak bound figure and recognized him as the same man from the Mage's Guild. Wondering why he had been hailed by the man, Adrynn made his way to where he stood, noticing the sword on the man's shoulder. Hoping that he wasn't going to be attacked in broad daylight unarmed, Adrynn greeted the other man.

"Hello, stranger. My name is Adrynn Indarys, how may I help you?" Adrynn said, holding out a hand.

Edward Wildeve, Outskirts of Ald-Ruhn

Edward met Adrynn's hand with his own and pulled off his hood. His eyes were tired and looked an age beyond his youth while his hair was a tangled black mess. His face was lean and finished with a small goatee on his chin. "Hello" he replied, smiling slightly "my name is Edward Wildeve, I overheard you saying you own a stronghold... now, don't get me wrong as I have yet to know these lands well but... It's not safe to be traveling as you are" He held his sword and leaned it against him "Now, I'm a hungry man and I'd be much happy if you could offer me some work, you know to protect you or something" Edward looked at Adrynn, trying to judge a reaction from the dark elves face.

Adrynn grinned as he shook Edward's hand. Well, this is a rare occurrence, Adrynn thought to himself. It wasn't every day that a sword wielding human asked him for work in the middle of a dying ash storm. He ran his sharp crimson eyes over the other man, noticing the tired, lean face and messy hair, but what really struck him was what was inside Edward's eyes. Determination, strength, and something else. Something he couldn't pinpoint at that moment, yet it felt as familiar to him as his own skin. I'll find out later, Adrynn thought, mentally shrugging.

"You overheard correctly, Edward. I do run a stronghold. A House Redoran one, to be exact. It's about two miles north-northeast of the city, halfway between here and the small town of Maar Gan. I'm headed there now, if you wish to come. We can discuss your work-related woes when we get there," Adrynn said, smiling slightly. Glancing back at Edward, a thought occurred to him. Perhaps this man could be a good addition to House Redoran. Even more so if he is stationed at Bal Isra.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - The Aftermath

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lecuaro joined in the merriment, albeit in a sullen manner, for a short while. He nodded at the men's proclamations of victory and forced smiles at the praises of his respectable shots from those who saw him fell the shaman and bowman. As he moved through the crowd, he happened upon Andelonwe and Rondolas, the two finest archers at the fort along with himself. The two eles were comparing their performances during the battle.

"I'm surprised that you can hold that bow at all with those scrawny arms of yours!" Rondolas joked.

"At least I didn't waste any time finding a suitable box to get on before I started shooting!" Andelonwe fired back. "I had already got ten shots off by the time you nocked your first arrow!"

"Right, and while the ground was writhing in pain, I was busy with actually aiming at Ashlanders!"

"Well, you couldn't have been a crate inspector, 'cause that first one you jumped on nearly collapsed!"

Rondolas shrugged and said in a pious tone, "But my dear, nobody is perfect."

"Oh, please!" Andelonwe replied.

The pair ceased their needling and laughing when they saw Lecuaro.

"Those were some fine shots, sir!" Rondolas exclaimed.

"Thank you." Lecuaro replied mechanically.

Andelonwe, sensing the automated tone of the reply, reiterated the Bosmer's compliment.

"Really, sir. Those were some great shots!"

"Thanks." Lecuaro replied in a more receptive tone.

Lecuaro headed for the front of the throng and climbed onto a big rock. He stood there for a moment, looking over the soldiers, and then delivered his order in a gentle, yet authoritative voice. "Silence!" The command echoed across the crowd and every single pair of eyes turned and focused on him. He took a moment to clear his throat and think of how to begin his impromptu speech, and then spoke.

"Let me first say, 'congratulations'. This attack happened so fast, that we didn't have time to organize a proper defense. I didn't have the time to organize you guys. It was previously unthinkable that the rebels could raise a force this large and attack this fort. We apparently still have a great deal to learn about the enemies we face, but we will learn about them. Study them. We will not underestimate our opposition again. We will repair the damage this fort has suffered and we will improve it, and above all, we will withstand anything they throw at us."

He looked over his men and could tell that they had heard every word -- even the ones at the back. He was one of those people who possessed a voice that naturally commanded the attention of those around him; he did not have to yell to be heard. He closed the speech with a sort yet heartfelt sentence.

"Thank you for your courage and support." he concluded.

A tremendous ovation shattered the silence as Lecuaro dismounted the rubble and headed to his quarters. The day was still young and there was cleaning up to do, and Lecuaro thought it prudent to go lie down for a bit to recover from the jarring he received from the fireball. He navigated the hallways to his room and went inside. As he shut the door behind him, he began to feel drowsy. He lied down on the bed and within minutes, he was fast asleep.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Adrynn Indarys, Outskirts of Ald-Ruhn

"By all means, Edward, let us go." Adrynn said, turning around and heading out the gates, hoping Edward would follow him.

OCC: I'm probably gonna skip the walk to Bal Isra, unless Xan wants to talk about anything on the way.

....Kriak stepped down from the silt strider at Ald-Ruhn. After a rather long confrontation with the Breton when he discovered that the septims were fake the Ordinators had heard the ruccus and arrested the cheat. Kriak had helped himself to his old pelts and plenty of the alchemist's stock before leaving for Ald-Ruhn, perhaps the Redoran would be better business partners. As he stepped lightly from the stairs he noticed two figures heading out of time and made a mental note of it as he moved to the town.

His first stop was the local mages guild where he met an Argonian alchemist and promptly struck a bargain netting him 1000 septims for his large collection of pelts, herbs and potions. Wtih coin clanking he set out for the armorer. Time for an upgrade he decided.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - That Afternoon: Part 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lecuaro opened his eyes to a bright blue sky. The clouds crept along and the sun shone brightly. He sat up and looked around. He was still in his bed, but he was not in his quarters, or the fort at all for that matter. A vast, blue expanse lay before him, but it did not look like water. The ground was identical to that of the Ashlands.

Lecuaro rose up from the bed and saw that the blue void completely surrounded the piece of land save for a single strip that connected it to the horizon. At the walkway's end, there stood an enormous, ominous-looking tower that, to the Breton, appeared of Daedric design. There was a brilliant orange light radiating from the structure and an awesome beam of red light shot forth from its top.

When Lecuaro peered over the edge of the floor, he saw a body of land that looked just like the region of the Ashlands over which he'd been given control. He could see what looked like a battle raging, but he couldn't make out the participants. Globs of light of all colors streaked across the battle zone as the two masses pushed against each other. There was also the occasional telltale flash of a cliff racer's dark feathers.

Lecuaro turned back toward the tower. An irresistible curiosity filled him and he began to walk across the walkway toward the building. However, he had scarcely begun when the whole of the airborne peninsula suddenly dissolved and gravity yanked him down. As he plummeted toward the ground, he saw that he was going to miss the battle. Unfortunately, he also saw the clump of trama root shrubs directly below him.

He braced for impact, but before he could complete his plunge, the downward motion abruptly ceased. He opened his eyes and was greeted by a trama root spike that was so close to his face that it appeared to be just a flat disc. Puzzled as to why he had suddenly frozen in midair, he looked up and spied his salvation: a muscular, dark blue arm. For a moment, the arm just allowed him to dangle, but then it pulled him up onto a ledge with one mighty yank.

Lecuaro lay there on his back still in a slight state of shock. He was of course grateful to his rescuer, but for some reason, he couldn't speak. Whiteness appeared around the edges of his vision and crept toward the center. Before his vision was totally enveloped, however, he looked to his right and caught a glimpse of his savior's face. He was obviously a Dunmer, and his face was lean and angular like those of most Dark Elves. His eyes were peculiar though; while they were the typical Dunmeri crimson, they were a deeper, bolder tone than most, the kind that could either be charming or terrifying depending on the position of the eyebrows.

He took a moment to admire the eyes, and then all was completely white.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Adrynn Indarys, Bal Isra

A smile crossed Adrynn's lips as he made his way up the small hill to the gate of Bal Isra. I'm home, though not for long . . ., Adrynn thought to himself, sighing mentally. His duties to House Redoran had him going from Vivec to Gnisis and anywhere in between, depending on what exactly he was doing. He glanced back to see Edward trudging along behind him. The other man had barely spoken a word since they left Ald-Ruhn, though it didn't surprise him at all. Edward seemed to be the kind of man who kept to himself unless there was something he needed, or so it appeared to Adrynn. Footsteps in front of him broke his train of though. Glancing up, Adrynn saw a Dunmer in Chitin armor walking toward him and Edward.

"Ah, Viras. Good to see you," Adrynn said, nodding to the Hetman of Indarys Manor.

"Adrynn. Glad to see your trip to Ald-Ruhn was . . . productive," Viras said, glancing at Edward, who still had his hood up.

Adrynn followed Viras' eyes and nodded. "Indeed, Viras. This is Edward Wildeve. He wishes to join the garrison of Indarys Manor and find some work."

"Very well," Viras said, turning back to Adrynn. "Were you able to talk to the Archmaster about those patrols? Those bandit attacks are getting more and more frequent. I'm tired of taking in poor and hungry people." Viras's eyes glanced over to Edward.

Adrynn's face became stone. "Yes, Viras. He said he'd get the request pushed through. You can expect more patrols by the end of the week."

"Very good, Adrynn," Viras said, nodding to the other Dunmer as he turned away and headed toward the Manor Services hut.

Adrynn turned back to Edward. "Please forgive him. He's a hard man, and has seen more than most. He doesn't really mean what he said." Adrynn strode toward the large shell of the manor and opened the door. "Come, Edward. Let's get something to eat. I'm sure the men have something prepared by now," Adrynn said, beaconing with a long fingered hand and a smile on his lips.