Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Mini-Character: Sorinyarie - Fort Floodgate Battlements

Sorinyarie, Caius, and the two restrained Ashlanders appeared on top of the wall beside the others. As the magical mist dissipated, the energetic Rondolas ran over.

"Mighty fine battle there!" He exclaimed. "Oh and me and a few of the others got a runner." He said as he pointed to the Dunmeri pin cushion lying lying out in the wastes.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate Battlements

Lecuaro sauntered over to Adrynn, who was still a little fuzzy, and clapped him on the shoulder. "Trilvan Sarothril here is one of the two healers here. If you want to follow him down to his room, he can have a look at the wound for you."

He then turned to Kriak. "Thanks again for loaning the arrows and poison."

He then motioned for Velanya to follow as he approached his associate Caius. "So...Cassius...I see you've returned."

He turned to his soldiers and bellowed. "Remarkable work today men! Sorry I can't give a long congratulations, but I have business I must attend to. Everyone listen to Nenalaamo. He's heading cleanup."

He turned to Caius and Velanya. "Follow me to my office. Oh and Velanya, I believe I got your drift." He said as he started off the wall.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn nodded to Velanya's relay of Garila's message. He knew she was worried about him, but he'd be fine. He always was. He wordlessly followed the healer back down into the fort. Turning back to the new arrivals and Lecauro, he said, "Don't let me miss the interrigation of these prisoners, Lecuaro. I'll be by as soon as this wound is tended to."

Kriak nodded to Lecuaro at the compliment and thanks. "I don't believe luck has had anything to do with this meeting commander. These are extraordinary people around you Lecuaro, a lot of extraordinary people, and for all of us to meet together in such a short time is far from coincidence. Something greater than chance is at work here sera. But these musings are best left for when the dead and injured have been cared for and we're not reeling from destroying an army. I will...retire for the evening." Kriak said, he hoped the commander caught his drift as he vanished into the shadows of one of the battlements.

Kriak stood in the Blades sanctuary and casually walked around, all of the men were still atop the walls or tending to duties. He was alone, strolling through the venerable stronghold. He even allowed his boots to click as his heels struck the ground and he rolled his feet. There was something soothing about only having his footprints for noise. He stopped to examine carvings in the walls and tapestries of various heroes and heroins. Kriak chuckled to himself about the irony of his situation. Once upon a time he would be skulking here in the dead of night, waiting for men such as the sanctum's occupants to let their guard down and sleep before he murdered them in their sleep. Now he was helping them. Strange, the twists of fate, very strange.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

Velanya nodded to Commander Lecuaro and followed, Caius trailing behind. She noticed the two prisoners, now in the care of the guards, and realized why Caius had disappeared. She looked around for Edward, but he was nowhere in sight. Caius seemed to sense her worry, and he placed a hand on her shoulder, "He'll turn up, I'm sure."

She watched as the mage who helped her, Kriak, blended into the shadows and vanished from the walls. He was extremely talented, and she was very grateful for his assistance. Yet, at the same time, he unnerved her. He was too good, if that was possible. Too powerful. Too dangerous.

They brushed past the strange khajiit, and she wordlessly pulled a ration of scrib jerky from her pack, placing it in his paw with a smile. Judging from the knives at his belt, he was the one who took out that battlemage. As such, Velanya felt obligated to reward him and ease his hunger. She would have to catch his name later.

She wondered where they all came in - how they all fit into this puzzle: Adrynn, the Redoran noble; Lecuaro, the Legion Commander; Kriak, Edward, Caius, the khajiit, and herself. Why here? Why now? She remembered those self-same questions she had asked herself when Caius inducted her as a Novice Blade. Surely it wasn't all coincidence?

She sighed as they entered the Fort and navigated its maze-like halls in silence. She pondered Kriak's words, and wondered if she was the only one who felt like fate was toying with them.

Dar'krinji, Fort Floodgate

As the battle had ended, everyone scurried around, talking, cleaning. Dar just sat and smoked his skooma, what else was there to do at a time like this? Sometime during this, the dunmer lady he had seen Kriak bring had walked past him, and given him jerky. He wasn't exactly sure what meat it was, and had smoked so much that he didn't know what it was at first. After sufficient sniffing, he dubbed it edible, and at it ravenously. Then, the voices came. The Madgod whispered sofly in his ear, promising him great gifts for service. This happened a lot it seemed, Dar would smoke a lot of skooma, given to him by the Madgod, then he would speak to Dar. The exchange seemed simple enough to Dar, and he accepted. Dar clumsily got up, and made his way out into the field of corpses from the last battle. He searched for just the right pieces for his exchange..

Edward Wildeve, Outside Fort Floodgate

Edward lay on the ground still as a corpse, his ears were ringing and his head throbbed painfully. He was pretty sure the shock had broken something, narrowly escaping the blast as he had, he had been around the corner of the fort at the time and this had shielded him from the direct force. Still, he certainly didn't feel like moving.

He lay there for a good while, resting and thinking. A noise came, the fort gate opening. Edward labourously turned his head, he opened an eye and squinted at the gate. A Khajiit walked out, smoking a skooma pipe... Edward would have liked some Skooma right now, ease the pain shooting through his body.

"Hey Khajiit" He called out hoarsely, "Spare me some of your Skooma?, or some help... either would be appreciated". Edward would not normally have touched Skooma but he didn't care right now, also; his medical bag was lost some time during the battle and he had nothing else to use.

Dar'krinji, Fort Floodgate Exterior

As Dar was just about to appropriate the Madgod's request, he heard someone call out. He looked around, thinking the skooma had started to make him see things. But just as he was about to dismiss the voice, he saw a hand go up, and not that of any dunmer. This man must have called out to him.

Dar walked over to him and said, "Hey there little man, hurtin'? You're lucky the Madgod gave me this bottomless skooma pouch, or I would never share with you."

Dar reached into one of the many pockets lining the inside of his ragged sack cloth pants, and retrieved a pouch. He emptied the skooma into his pipe, lit it, and gave it to the man.

"Knock yourself out. But not literally, you look kinda heavy." He said as the man took it.

Edited by nethgros

Edward gratefully accepted the pipe from the Khajiit, he lay there puffing for a while, before struggling to sit up and then puffing some more. He felt mildly better.

"Thank you" he said, looking up. "I am Edward Wildeve, what is your name?"

Dar'krinji, Fort Floodgate Exterior

Dar nodded to Edward's thanks and replied, "I am Dar'krinji, nice to meet you. Need some help back? I need to do something here, but I could help you once I'm done."

Edward looked at his left arm, it hung limp. He realized that he probably would need Dar'Krinji's help to move without any great deal of trouble.

"Your help would be much appreciated" said Edward, taking another puff on the pipe and smiling slightly. He handed the pipe back to Dar'Krinji. "Go do your business, I'll wait here. Thanks for the Skooma and help".