Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Meeting Room

Lecuaro could scarcely believe the reply that came from the pebble. What. The. Hell. The Nerevarine? And are we sure that all of those Dunmer out there were Ashlanders? These thoughts surged through the Breton's mind, almost causing him to fall out of his chair. He had to force the next words from his mouth.

"Are you serious, Cassius? This had damn sure better not be a joke."

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dar'krinji, Fort Floodgate

Dar thought about what the woman said, mulling it over. She asked if they needed help with the ashlanders in the cell, and Dar wasn't even aware there were any.

"No, they probably have it handled, I need to go tell the commander of your findings, thank you." With that Dar left for the safehouse.

Dar walked toward Lecuaro's office, then used his great smell to pinpoint Lecuaro's whereabouts. He walked down a hall and came upon a locked door, with the man he had saved earlier slumped against the wall in front of it. Dar knocked on the door, shouting, "Hey breton! Open up! I have some info, and you have a different visitor!"

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Caius sighed. "You don't know how much I wish it was a joke, Marczon. But it's not," he said to the pebble before adding, "You might want to sent your Ashlander correspondents down here to try and get more information for us to go on. I don't think we Imperials can get anything else. We're lucky we gleaned what we did."

"Now, I'm sure it's well into the evening. We're all tired and hungry, and it might do us some good to sleep on all this before we make any rash decisions. Acts of impulse never work well in these situations. Can Adrynn lead us to where you are?"

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Adrynn couldn't believe what had come from Velanya's lips. Impossible! The Nerevarine? Leading the Ashlanders in a revolt against all outlanders? He was an outlander himself! This can't be true! he thought to himself, his mind racing to cope with what had been said. Seeing Cassius's outburst hadn't done anything to help his nerves. Shaking his head softly, Adrynn ran his long fingers through his thick black hair and tried to push this utter shock out of his system. He had to, otherwise he'd be useless. C'mon Adrynn, just breathe. You have all of tonight to process this information. You just need to breathe . . . he chanted to himself quietly in his mind.

Adrynn heard Cassius talking into that little pebble and cocked his head slightly. What in the world? A talking stone? Cassius's question reached through the shock that still plagued Adrynn's mind and forced the Redoran to snap out of it.

"I can lead you there, Imperial. I think I need to sit down myself. Besides, I need to see how Edward is doing," Adrynn said, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms over his scarred chest. He glanced at Velanya. She was being quiet, lost in thought as she too tried to deal with such a revelation.

"Good work Velanya. I didn't think I'd be able to get anything out of that Erebenisum outcast. Good thing you stepped in. I don't think I could deal with any more bloodshed today. Not after what I did earlier," Adrynn said to her, glancing down at the floor in both shame and grief at what he had done. Kriak is definitely powerful. Someone to keep in good spirits. He doesn't seem to be the type to cross and I know he'd be a fearsome enemy. I hope I never have to use that spell ever again. Not after what it did today.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

"Right then, Adrynn," Caius said with a nod, then told the stone, "We're coming up to you, Lecuaro. Hang tight."

Caius pocketed the stone without another word. Velanya could tell he was still upset, and would probably need the rest of the night to cool off. She turned to Adrynn, who was obviously feeling very guilty for the thousands of Ashlander deaths he had caused earlier, his head and eyes downcast.

"Don't feel ashamed, Adrynn. You did what had to be done. They knew what they risked when they joined with...with the Nerevarine - " she still had difficulty choking out that bit " - and it was either them or us. Had you not acted, the Fort would have been overrun, and we would all be dead now. This whole Fort has you to thank for saving all of our lives. Think of it that way."

She placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled gently, "Lead on, friend Redoran."

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floogate

Adrynn nodded to Velanya's reassuring words. He rested his own hand against her gauntleted one and smiled. "Thank you Velanya. I appreciate you words of comfort," Adrynn said softly. He glanced back at the two Ashlanders and saw the scarred outcast was starting to yell again. A quick flick of his wrist put an end to that. The outcast screamed with all his might, yet not a word escaped his lips. "Silence is the best word of all," he said, smiling back at the outcast.

"C'mon you two, let's go eat," Adrynn said, beckoning behind him to Velanya and Cassius as he led the way down deep into the fort.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

They followed Adrynn down through a twisting maze of narrow corridors, all dimly lit by torches. Velanya was surprised by the amount of intricate detail on the stonework - the Fort seemed far too fancy for just a practical outpost. Varying tapestries lined the walls, depicting glorious battles in the Empire's history, prominent leaders, and noteworthy heroes. It made her wonder who had designed the place.

Finally, they came across a dead end, with what seemed to be an ordinary door on one side. Across from it sat Edward, beside which stood Dar'Krinji.

"Hello there, Edward. Good to see you up," she said, looking down at the man. Then, she added to the khajiit, "Any luck with that amulet?"

Kriak, Fort Floodgate

Kriak thanked the ashlanders. In response to their questions he opened his left eye for the first time of their discourse, his left had been disembodied with an ear in the cells watching and listening to the 'interviews' Kriak's ear normally was hidden beneath his mane of hair so it would not seem peculiar at all while he was doing this. From the progress of the interviews Kriak determined that havin a couple of expert translators would probably help the situation. At any rate it wouldn't make them lose information. He wasn't sure that they could get much done but it was worth a shot. "Yes it is true that there are a few ashlanders in the holding cells, they were partof the army that attacked us here, I share in the commander's thought that these amulets and the interviews of these prisoners will prvide a few pieces to the puzzle. If the two of you think you can help I'm sure any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated. A few have already had a try, one is a little warmed up while the other may be completely unreachable. The news we recieved is more than a little grim and the Commander requested myself and my contemporaries to meet him so I must be off. Thank you again for all of your aid." Kriak said before he vanished into one of the corners of the room.

Kriak, Fort Floodgate-Conference Room

Kriak sat down in the room next to the commander as the others filed in. "An interesting day to be sure." Kriak said, before him was a piece of dark parchment with crimson ink that recorded the translations the two spies had given him. Kriak caught Adrynn's eye and gave him a look that signified we need to talk, he could tell that the Redoran was quite shaken from the battle and more importantly how the two of them had ended it.

Dar'Krinji, Fort Floodgate

As Dar stood, waiting to get into the safehouse, the lady elf, an imperial, and the Redoran appeared. The lady asked him about his progress on amulet information, and he replied, "Lets get in there first, Lecuaro needs to hear too."

They opened the door, and Dar shuffled in, sitting down in a conference room type area where the commander was.

When everyone was there Dar spoke out, "I went down to see an elf woman, as Lecuaro had asked. She told me the amulet was deffinately Urshilaku. Also, the markings indicated that the holder was probably high ranking, as she told me. Lastly, these forms of amulets are only given out during times of hardship, which I think you know what that means."

Edward Wildeve, Fort Floodgate

Dar'krinji arrived outside the door, gave Edward the briefest of looks before shouting at the door to be let in. The others arrived soon after; Adrynn, Cassius and Velanya.

"Well, I'm not exactly up" he replied to Velanya, looking up and smiling. He struggled upwards, steadying himself on Adrynn and followed them into what seemed to be a conference room. Edward leaned his sword against the table so it would not obstruct him sitting, before sitting down himself.