Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn helped Edward get to his feet as the other man followed Dar'krinji and the others into the conference room. As the Velanya and Cassius sat down near Lecuaro, Adrynn noticed Kriak sitting patiently a bit off to himself. His eyes flashed, one that distinctly told Adrynn the hunter had something to say to him. Adrynn nodded wordlessly back and helped Edward sit so he didn't injure his arm further. He didn't sit himself. He had far too much on his mind to be still. He leaned against the table instead, still running the events of today through his head and not believing any of it, though he knew it all to be real.

"Yes Dar, that goes along with what Velanya and I were able to piece together ourselves," Adrynn said, his eyes looking at everyone in turn. "Earlier, I ran the events of the battle today through my head, and there is only one place I know of that can support that large an army this close to the fort. Kogoruhn, the forsaken halls of the former House Dagoth, which was destroyed once again only a couple of years ago by the Nerevarine. Unfortunately, from what Velanya was able to make the prisoners say, it seems the Nerevarine is our enemy as well." Adrynn's face was harder than stone, his eyes blazing in both pain, anger, betrayal, and something else, something that went unspoken, yet filled the room with it's potency. "I think it's time I tell you all a bit about myself, seeing how I know where the next couple of days are headed. I am a Redoran noble, born into the House, raised on its principles and honoring my ancestors protection of these lands by protecting them myself. Originally, I was born in Blacklight, which is between the Inner Sea and the Skyrim border, the traditional home of House Redoran," Adrynn said, glancing at Velanya, seeing her eyes grow just a bit wider at his story. "I have lived on Vvardenfell for over twenty years now. I've explored almost the entire island, and I've seen things that would haunt your nightmares. Among them were the corpus beasts that prowled the Ashlands, which I helped hunt down and destroy. I saw the rise of the Nerevarine, and was there when he faced Bolvyn Venim in the Arena in Vivec. It was a massacre. Venim let his rage control him and made novice mistakes. They cost him his life."

Adrynn sat down finally, his eyes welling with memories as he let his head hang for a moment to clear them from his mind. "I already know that we are going to attack Kogoruhn, and I'm volunteering myself for that mission. I've been there before, many years ago, and I know its upper passageways at least. It was a horrible place then, and I still doubt it's gotten any better now." Adrynn glanced between Edward and Kriak. "I'd like Kriak to accompany me there, along with Edward, if he's feeling up to it. Dar, you may come along if you wish. You seem pretty handy with a blade." He glanced at Lecuaro. "What do you say, Commander?"

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate

"I also propose," the Spymaster added, "That we send Velanya and Serrabenashiah to the Urshilaku encampment, northwest of here. I have a feeling that, if they still live, Wise Woman Nibani Maesa and Ashkhan Sul-Matuul can provide some valuable insight about our...enemy." He was glad he was not the only one angry about this betrayal. He continued, "I doubt that the Nerevarine would be foolish enough to be holed up in Kogoruhn. He's probably expecting a retaliation sooner or later, and my guess is that his main forces are elsewhere. Still, Adrynn is right. We need to take out that base as soon as possible, and scour it to the very mortar for any clues that will help us. If anyone can do that, it's Adrynn and Kriak."

He exchanged glances with the Redoran before focusing on Lecuaro.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

Velanya could barely hear what Caius was saying for the thoughts that were flying through her head.

Blacklight? That's where my parents are from. And...

...by the Nine. My mother's maiden name is Indarys!

Edward Wildeve, Fort Floodgate

Edward's head raised at the mention of his name, "I shall accompany you Adrynn, my arm shouldn't give me too much trouble". He supposed the other name he mentioned, Kriak must belong to the strangely foreign looking man sitting next to the Breton commander. The other name... Dar'krinji he could remember belonged to the Khajiit who gave him skooma.

It would be an interesting trip he supposed.

Dar'krinji, Fort Floodgate, Conference Room.

Dar didn't really know if he wanted to go or not. Adventures were very fun, but staying here and smoking all day also sounded like a great idea.

Finally Dar said, "I will go where I'm needed."

Adrynn glanced between the members sitting at the table. He was glad Edward had agreed to go with him to Kogoruhn, though he was going to have to speed up the healing Edward's arm if he was going to be any real use there. Kriak was just sitting there, patiently listening to all that was said. It seemed to Adrynn that the hunter was waiting to hear what Lecuaro had to say, just as he was. The Khajiit, Dar'krinji was fiddling with his pipe. Skooma addict, that one. He needs watching, Adrynn thought to himself. He glanced at Velanya and Cassius. The Imperial was holding his head in his hands, seemingly lost in thought, and Velanya appeared to be contemplating something. She hadn't spoken yet, but Adrynn knew something was on her mind, just not what it was. Edward had laid his head down again and seemed to be resting. Adrynn rested his hand on Edward's shoulder and cast a small spell, taking the edge off of Edward's weariness.

"Come now, Edward, you mustn't sleep through important meetings. It's rude, plus you might miss something you would need to know later," Adrynn told his friend with a smile, squeezing his shoulder gently before folding his hands on the table.

The Redoran finally glanced back to Lecuaro. He seemed to be gathering his thoughts as well. "Commander, what do you say?" Adrynn asked one more time, trying to snap the Breton out of it.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Meeting Room

Lecuaro's mind seemed to split into two separate entities during the chatter amongst the others. Part of it was still trying to grasp the new revelations, while the other part was listening to Adrynn's short autobiography and the discussion about Kogoruhn. He had heard Adrynn's first request for his thoughts on the subject, but had purposely ignored to let his thoughts settle. He responded to Adrynn's second response, though.

Lecuaro panned his view slowly around the table. He first saw Velanya with her incredulous look as she took in Adrynn's speech, then Caius with his set-in-stone yet terribly angry face, then Kriak...who was slowly contemplating all of what was being said, then Dar'Krinji who was twirling a knife in his fingers, then Edward...who was hunched over the table with his injured arm resting atop it, and finally Adrynn with his volcanic eyes and paper-thin lips. He stared at the Redoran for a moment...as if suddenly overwhelmed by all of the past couple days' stress rushing into his body and his psyche at once. His eyes' irises turned a brilliant golden orange and he raised his right hand in the air. He let out a massive, deep-voiced cry and slammed his fist into the table.

The portion of the table nearest him turned to wood chips and several cracks surged through the rest of it, sporadically spitting out pieces of wood along the way. Then, just as quickly as it had come, it vanished. Lecuaro's body cooled and his mind became clear again. The outcry was not one of anger nor rage, but the product of all the tension that had been welling up inside him. He put his hands on his knees and looked at the others, all wide-eyed...and Adrynn with his katana halfway out of its scabbard. His eyes returned to normal and he hung his head in shame.

"I uh.......I'm......sorry." He said before letting out a heavy sigh.

Edward Wildeve, Fort Floodgate

If Adrynn's spell hadn't roused Edward out of weariness, Lecuaro's outburst certainly had. He stared intently at Lecuaro, before looking around the room, scanning the reactions of the others. Edward fingered his sword nervously, he wasn't fond of unpredictability and Lecuraro had taken him completely by surprise. He would have to do another take on this man's nature.

Lecuaro's outburst had instinctively driven Adrynn to his feet and almost unsheath his weapon. Remembering his place, the Redoran sheathed his Katana and tried to sit down again. It was difficult. Adrynn had never expected such power out of the Legion Commander. His crimson eyes flashed as they glanced over the Breton's head hung in shame.

"Lecuaro, I would suggest a more . . . relaxing way to relieve your stress. Destroying a table isn't as fun as you would think. Especially one such as this," Adrynn said, running a finger along one of the many webbed cracks in the heavy oak table. "Next time give us a warning, eh? I almost attacked you."

Adrynn's eyes glanced around the table once more. "Seeing how Lecuaro needs a minute or two to himself, I say let's give it to him and get out of his hair," Adrynn said, standing up and sliding his chair under the table. "Come along, everyone. Let's find something to eat. I'm sure you're all as hungry as I am."

Dar'krinji. Fort Floodgate

The others seemed put on edge by Lecuaro's outburst, but Dar thought it to be normal. He let out a hearty laugh, and added, "Yes, he needs some time, and I am quite hungry."

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

Velanya had watched in utter shock and amazement at Lecuaro's actions. She hadn't been afraid, simply surprised and fascinated that the commander's stress chose to express itself in this manner. There was certainly more to him than met the eye. She felt a twinge of sympathy and guilt - they had all barraged him with news and requests, and the stressful events of the past few days must have weighed heavily on his shoulders. It was just too much. Too much, too soon, all on one person.

But it wasn't all on one person, either. They were all here for a reason, whether they knew it or not. They were here, together, to deal with this problem as a team.

She nodded to Adrynn and Dar, "Agreed. Let us go, and leave the commander to his thoughts. It would do us all some good to nourish ourselves and get our minds off of this dilemma."

She waited until the rest of them slowly filed out of the room. Hanging back, she looked at Lecuaro's exhausted face, and met his eyes.

"You are not alone, Commander. Never forget that."