Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Mess Hall

Adrynn sipped his wine and clapped his hands along with the beat of the music, glad to let his mind wander on today of all days.

I should sleep well tonight.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Mess Hall

Lecuaro and his fellow players changed instruments, and the hall was filled with a catchy, almost tribal beat. It seemed the Commander was just as talented with a flute as he was with a lute. Nenalaamo himself wasn't too shabby on the drums. Velanya joined Adrynn's merry clapping, and Caius followed suit. Kriak and Edward, however, did not appear phased - lost in their own thoughts.

Velanya wondered when Lecuaro would feel up to eating, and began to worry that he would skip out on his meal. She was certainly glad the Commander was enjoying himself, but his health was of top priority, and he was beginning to look more than a little tired.

She, too, could feel her stamina quickly leaving her body. Her thoughts wandered to her own creaky little bunk back at Fort Buckmoth, and she suddenly felt that resting on that old, hard mattress would be as near to heaven as anything at that point...

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Kriak, Fort Floodgate battlements

Kriak had finished his goblet of wine which he enjoyed quite thoroughly by the end of the round of applause. He had restrained the urge to partake of another cup, after being in the wilderness for the past seven years and only having had a beer or two his tolerence was sure to be non-existent. He did not risk being tipsy in the middle of the wilderness after two armies of tremendous size had assaulted their position in just as many days. Shortly after the bosmeri tribal song had begun he had caught Velanya noting his and Edward's reactions before resuming her joyous clapping. He had decided that his comrades would be exhausted after the night's merth and there wouldn't be much discussion when he had silently melded into the shadow of his chair leg...

The crisp, clear air of the country side filled his nostrils and the moons shone brightly in the heavens of Nirn as Kriak stood with his hands on the battlements overlooking the battlefield of the day. He pondered their position and all the events that had unfolded, but mostly he just enjoyed the night air and the peace it brought. His life had rarely entailed peace and he enjoyed these rare, precious moments.

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Mess Hall

Adrynn settled back into his chair and sipped his wine again. It was quite good, a vintage he didn't know, but appreciated anyways. Shien and Sujamma were only good every once and a while, and he was glad to take a break from drinking them. Dunmeri wine and alcohols were notiriously strong and bitter. Only the Nord mead was any stronger, and so he had heard, better tasting.

He glanced around the table, noticing that Edward was happily smiling to the music, but the pain from his broken arm was still evident on his face and his eyes were glossy from both fatigue and pain. Velanya and Caussius were still clapping along with the music, but more slowly now. Kriak had disappeared. Quite literally disappeared. Adrynn had no idea where the hunter went. Perhaps to get some fresh air.

Not a bad idea actually, I need to clear my head. I've had too much wine. Adrynn thought, standing up slowly.

"If you'll excuse me, Velanya and Cassius, I need to go get a breath of fresh air. I'm afraid the wine is starting to get to me," Adrynn said, nodding to the two before heading out the mess hall door to the hallway beyond, finding his way slowly along the passageway to the main lobby. The doors to the courtyard were standing open, the warm summer breeze kissing his ash grey skin as he leaned against the doors and breathed deeply.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Mess Hall

Velanya quietly nodded to Adrynn and watched as he left the table. It was a few minutes before she realized that now would be a perfect time to talk with the Redoran in private. She excused herself, giving Caius a squeeze on the shoulder, then followed in Adrynn's footsteps out of the Mess Hall.

She found him leaning against the tall doors of the foyer, which had been propped open for air circulation. The breeze that wafted in was warm, lightly scented with salt water from the nearby Inner Sea.

She approached slowly, "Hey, there. Do you have a minute?"

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn heard a soft Dunmeri voice behind him. He turned around and saw Velanya coming up to him, her long auburn hair in a loose ponytail behind her. She is a pretty one. But Garila is the one who stole my heart all those years ago.

"Hm? Yes, I do Velanya. What is it?" the Redoran asked, leaning back against the doors and hooking a thumb into his belt.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

She hesitated. She wasn't sure how to approach this.

How on earth do I convincingly say that I think we're related?

Taking a deep breath, she began, "I remember you saying in the conference room earlier that you were from Blacklight. Is that right?"

Adrynn nodded. "Yes, that's right. I was born there over 70 years ago. I lived there for another 30 years as well, before moving to Vivec, then to Ald-Ruhn later. Why, what's in Blacklight?"

Adrynn was a bit confused as to why Velanya was asking these questions, but he was sure he'd find out soon enough.

Adrynn nodded slowly. "Yes, I do actually. She's my mother's sister. I haven't seen her for years, not since she moved to . . . Cyrodiil . . ." Adrynn was dumbfounded. No, that can't be it . . . But why did I think she was so familiar?

Adrynn ran his eyes over Velanya again, this time taking in the subtle details, the shape of her eyes, the angle of her jaw, the color of her hair, the shade of her skin. I don't believe it, but it's her!

"How do you know her?"