Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

Velanya smiled sheepishly as Adrynn's eyes widened. She thought so. She had heard her mother talking about her nephew on occasion - even though his name had only been mentioned once or twice, Adrynn fit the description of his appearance and personality perfectly.

"Adrynn...she's my mother."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn smiled hugely and hugged Velanya tightly. "I knew you were familiar from somewhere! I would never had thought that you would have been little Velnie from Blacklight though," Adrynn said, standing back and looking over Velanya again. "This is wonderful! I never knew I had family so close to Ald-Ruhn."

Adrynn couldn't help but smile. This was a good night that far than made up for the horrible day before.

"Welcome to Vvardenfell, cousin," Adrynn said, winking as he gestured to the twin moonlight over the Ashlands.

She hugged her cousin fiercely, "And I never knew that my troublemaking cousin was the famous, aspiring House Father Adrynn Indarys." She laughed, and couldn't help grinning broadly. "Thanks for the welcome. Although, you're 33 years too late."

She sighed, simply enjoying the night for a moment. It felt good to know that she stood side by side with kin.

"I, uh, hope you don't mind a Legionnaire in the family," she said, her thoughts trailing to her father. He had been severely disappointed in her decision to join the Imperial Legion, and they had not parted on good terms. She loved him dearly, but he could be harsh and cold at times. She wanted so badly to prove to him that the Legion could have honor, truth, and integrity, just like House Redoran.

"I don't mind at all, Velanya, though I hope you know where your family ties lie. House Redoran is just as honorable as the Legion, though I already know what career you've chosen. No matter, I'm glad to know you're here and safe. I didn't know what to think when you went to Cyrodiil with your mother."

Adrynn wrapped his arm around Velanya's shoulder and grinned. "It's good to know I have kin fighting beside me. That means more to me than almost anything else."

She smiled, "It does my heart good to hear you say that."

Velanya then put her own arm around Adrynn's back, "And I'm glad to have you with me."

They stood together in silence for the longest time, simply looking at the beautiful night sky. In those moments, it was hard to believe that the world's greatest hero was out for their blood.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Mess Hall

The festive song closed with a rich ending sound. Lecuaro set the flute on the floor beside his chair and returned to his seat at the table, his men's cheers filling his ears along the way.

"Thank you, thank you. And great job you three." He said as he sat down and began his meal.

When he looked up, he noticed that Adrynn and Velanya were absent. He pondered for a moment while he chewed a bite.

"I uh, don't suppose you might know where our two Dunmer friends went?" He asked to Kriak and Edward.

Edward Wildeve, Fort Floodgate, Mess Hall

Edward finished his meal, placing his cutlery side by side on his plate and pushing it away. He laid back on his chair, content yet tired. He opened his eyes to movement and sounds as the Commander rejoined the table asking Edward where Adrynn and Velanya went.

"Adrynn left the table a little while ago, and Velanya soon followed... I'm guessing they went outside" He yawned, and rubbed an eye slowly. "I think I'll retire as well, as tired as I am. If you'll be so kind to point me in the direction of somewhere I can rest."

Adrynn leaned back against the open door and crossed his arms over his chest. There was a lot that was running through the Redoran's mind, his rediscovery of a long lost cousin, the battle that happened earlier today, the battles he knew he would have to face later on, and Garila, his sweet tempered wife, still at home, waiting for him to return from this mission. He would be glad to see her again.

"Velanya, what do you think of this whole mess? Never in my lifetime did I think I'd see the one who saved Morrowind from Dagoth Ur would turn his back on the ones he loved and plot to overthrow the Imperial presence in the district. He was an outlander as well, as far as I know. I remember when he challenged Bolvyn Vemin to a duel so he could claim the title of Redoran Hortator," Adrynn said, his eyes distant as they remembered the massacre.

"If he really is behind these Ashlanders rising up, I think it's going to be a very difficult fight," Adrynn said softly, a frown on his face. "The Nerevarine is incredibly powerful, and I don't think all of us combined could defeat him. Not without losing someone. That's not something I want to happen."

Velanya sighed, leaning back against the opposite door, one hand resting on Frostfang's hilt. She pulled a foot up beneath her, her sole flat on the paneled wood.

"I don't want that to happen either, Adrynn. I don't think any of us do. But if saving these people means taking him down..." she trailed. Taking a deep breath, she continued, "Long ago, I swore an oath to protect the people of Tamriel and to preserve the Empire. And I will do that very thing, even if it means my death. If it is at the hands of the Nerevarine, so be it. But I'll make sure I stab the bastard myself a few times first." She smiled briefly, but it faded into a frown. She looked off into the distant Ashlands, her eyes brushing every plant and stone, as if trying to see something that might be hidden there.

"Something isn't right, cousin. You are correct: it is hard to believe that the Nerevarine would do something like this, and I'm not so certain that he has. I feel there is a greater power at work here. There's something to this mess that is beyond our comprehension. We cannot understand - not yet, at least. We haven't got enough to go on."

She sighed again, looking down at her one foot on the grey flagstones. A lock of burgundy hair fell in front of her face, and she did not bother to brush it away.

"I know Cassius wants me to go to the Urshilaku camp with Serrabenashiah, and I agree that they need to be contacted. They may be able to provide pieces to this puzzle that no prisoner can. I just fear something horrible has happened to them, and they won't be there to help us..." She shuddered at the implications, but knew that they were, quite possibly, true.

Edited by AurianaValoria1