Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn nodded. "The Urshilaku have always been a hardy tribe, and I know they've faced hardships before. I believe they are still there. At least I hope they are. It would be a shame to know that they have passed into myth and legend," he said, resting his chin in his hand. "One thing that worries me is this expedition to Kogoruhn. I've been to that forsaken ruin once before and didn't enjoy it at all. I think this time is going to be a lot harder. If this is where the Ashlanders are based, we need to sever their commanding operations swiftly, before this spills down into the lower Ashlands or the Grazelands. The cities south of here have no idea what's going on and it will be quite a surprise if a torrent of Ashlanders come sweeping out of the North."

He sighed. This was going to be a long week.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

"I agree," Velanya replied with a nod, "We can't let this conflict get anywhere near the cities of the south or east. If we do, we'll have a widespread panic on our hands."

Suddenly, an idea popped into her head.

"Adrynn, I think I'm going to send a message to Ghostgate tomorrow. I've got an Ordinator friend who should be "stationed" there this time of year. I use that term loosely; he really has no superior but the Archcanon. But I know he'll put the stronghold on high alert, and he may be able to join with us at some point. What do you say?"

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate

Lecuaro thanked Edward for the lead and headed outside. Before long, he happened across Adrynn and Velanya, who appeared to be discussing something. He walked up to them with a bit of a grin and leaned his shoulder against one of the walls.

"I get the feeling you two stepped out here for more than just a bit of fresh air." He said.

Velanya looked up and saw Lecuaro approaching. She grinned, "You would be correct, Commander. We've just confirmed each others' suspicions that we are kin - cousins to be exact. Looks like this is a bit of a family affair."

Edward Wildeve, Fort Floodgate, Mess Hall

The commander left without pointing Edward in a direction, so he figured he may as well rest here in the mess hall. People had started leaving a while ago and it was near deserted at this hour. He picked up his sword and walked to a nearby wall, in clear view of the door. He slid down and rested against the wall, his sword placed to his side.

"At least if I stay here, I'll be able to be found easily" he thought to himself.

Kriak, Fort Floodgate Ramparts

Kriak had heard the murmured voices of Adrynn and Velanya, they gradually grew a little louder as they realized their relation to one another. He turned about on the wall and leaned back onto the battlement he was resting his hands on. He saw Lecuaro approach them and lend his voice to the conversation. Kriak didn't bother to listen in on the topics discussed. He found it all so very interesting that there were two people, clearly related, a legion commander and a blades spymaster, a group that clearly would meld together, and then there was himself and Edward thrown in, Edward was a hire so that wasn't odd really but the prescence of a hunter amidst all these militairy personalities. None of them know of his background and origins, none of them understand what he's done, what he's capable of and yet they welcome him aboard, to somewhat less of an extent as they welcome one another but with far more curteosy and compassion than Kriak would expect. Something far greater was at work here, but what. That was the question.

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn nodded to Lecuaro as he walked up to them and turned to Velanya. "I think you sould send that message to your Ordinator friend. Knowing the recent cutbacks in the military arm of the Temple worries me, as there are less Ordinators and Boyant Armingers, which we need, and more priests and healers, which can't help us as much as a warrior could. So I think warning Ghostgate is a good idea, as the Ashlanders may use the passes of Red Mountain to bypass this fort entirely."

Adrynn glanced to Lecuaro. "I need to send a message to my Archmaster as well and tell him the current details and plan of action. I'll write a letter, and if you have a runner or even better, a mage who can teleport to Ald-Ruhn and deliver it, I'd appreciate your help, Lecuaro," Adrynn said, his face hard as he ran the various events and strategies through his mind. "Also, I should warn Bal Isra as well, as they could send a few men to Maar Gan to protect it."

Adrynn pushed off the door and walked closer to Lecuaro, his crimson eyes blazing in the night air. "Mark my words Commander, the days ahead are only going to get worse."

"Very well, I shall do so, Adrynn. Commander," she addressed Lecuaro, "you mentioned something earlier about my quarters? I think I should make good use of them now. I have a letter to write and some sleep to catch up on."

At that moment, Caius came ambling up behind the Commander, leaning nonchalantly against the wall.

"I, too, am interested in rest - and you should be, too, Marczon. Looks like time for sleep is going to be limited in the future. Best to take it now while we can."

He jerked a thumb back towards the mess hall, "Oh, and uh...your Edward seems to be waiting on directions to bed as well, but I don't think he's up to the walk out here. I'll pick him back up myself on the way. You just tell me where to go."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate

Adrynn's and Velanya's relationship with each other wasn't very surprising to the Breton...but then again, few things surprised him anymore. Still, it was funny. Here they all were, experienced, capable warriors and agents with over two centuries' worth of experience between them, except for Kriak. Kriak seemed to be the odd one out as he was a hunter by trade, but his revealing what he called his "old armor" tonight made Lecuaro question whether or not the woodsman was telling them everything.

He acknowledged Adrynn's needs of writing a letter to Athyn Sarethi and a messenger or mage to deliver it. Thanks to Caius's interjection, he was also reminded of how he had forgotten to direct Edward to the bunks...and of how tired he was. And then Adrynn approached him, eyes ablaze, with the same curt, cryptic comment that had been circulating through each of their minds since this whole fiasco began. Things are going to get worse. Much worse.

"Relbren Edmontere could warp to Ald-ruhn and give your message to Archmaster Sarethi after you are finished writing it. Caius, the bunks are in the Blades safehouse down below. I know you know how to get there, you have a habit of making mental maps of places as you see them." He said in reply to the requests.

Lecuaro then brought up a subject that had been abandoned when he and Adrynn first finished surveying the dead Ashlanders from the initial assault. He turned to Adrynn with a bit of an apologetic look on his face.

"Adrynn, remember how I asked you if you would join the Blades down there as we were looking over the Ashlander remains from their first big attack? You said you'd need some time to mull it over...but given the fact that you've witnessed a lot that concerns the Blades in the past two days, I'm afraid it's become more of an obligation than a request. If it were up to me, I'd still let you decide, but I don't think Cassius here or my superiors will be as democratic."

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Velanya assumed that Lecuaro would address her separately, considering she was now under his direct authority for the time being. He probably had specific instructions for her to follow, and she waited patiently as he attended to Adrynn and Caius's requests.

Then, much like Caius had done her, Lecuaro sprang the issue of knowing too much upon Adrynn. It seemed that the Redoran, too, had been offered a place in the Blades. Now that he had been exposed to too much information, he really had no choice. Just like she, Adrynn was now pushed against a wall and faced with the "join us or die" order. Although, Lecuaro had put it much more delicately than Caius had.

She stiffened, unsure of how her headstrong cousin would respond.