Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Bunk Room

Caius couldn't believe his eyes, and neither could the others, judging by their dumbfounded faces. Everyone except Adrynn stood watching the Daedra Prince with slack-jawed expressions. Caius wasn't much of a Daedra worshipper, but he knew when to stop staring and start showing respect.

"I think...it would be best....to kneel," he said slowly, dropping down to one knee and gesturing for the others to do the same.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Bunk Room

Velanya closed her gaping mouth and obeyed Caius, kneeling before the goddess she had just seen in her dreams. She subconsciously held her breath, wondering what Azura would say and do.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kriak said after Adrynn mentioned the Emperor was in failing health, "The Mythic Dawn will assassinate him. I don't know how his sons are at the moment but they'll all be dead too. Soon I believe. It's been a few years since then." Kriak said. To others it clearly seemed like a paradigm but he would explain if need be. But before anyone commented on his words Adrynn dropped to his knees before Azura and the others followed suit. While Lecuaro, Velanya, Adrynn and 'Cassius' knelt he laughed slightly and spat on the ground in distaste.

"Whatever you want from them leave me out of it 'goddess.' I've no allegience to you or any of your ilk." He said contemptiously. I swere if she brings up that business back in Cyrodiil. Damn vampires. I actually had to go to the chapel for healing thanks to that wench.

Edward Wildeve, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Bunk Room

Edward drew blood, his hand was gripping his leg so hard. He turned his head jerkily towards the god, his hand releasing his leg to spasm, clenching and unclenching tightly.

This would be his death, he realised, as he picked up his sword. He held it loosely, dragging it behind him as he moved towards her. Edwards head was lowered but his eyes were on her, burning with a remorseless, quiet fury. His sword grated on the stone floor as he dragged it, it's noise piercing the ears of everyone in the room.

He walked alongside Kriak, the only one still standing. Edward's eyes did not even register him, or anything but Azura. He moved slowly but eventually came before her, shifting stance, stumbling. He looked at her again for the briefest of seconds, before, in one quick motion bringing his sword around in a large arc, flying towards one of the gods he so despised.

Edward was drawing his sword...moving towards Azura as if in a daze...he was going to attack her. It was foolishness - it was only a projection, just an image of the goddess. Daedra Princes could not be killed, and it would surely mean Edward's death...

And then Velanya saw it, the sword hilt flying from the man's hand. She screamed as she knew what would happen, "Edward, no! LECUARO!"

The sword passed through Azura's avatar and continued spinning straight towards the commander.

Dar'krinji. Fort Floodgate, Blades Saferoom.

The others had begun to kneel, so Dar swept he head around and saw Azura standing before them. He didn't even know whether or not this was real, as he had been smoking quite a lot before he came in. So he simply went by his old principle, 'if you are suprised, you are too sober', and he took out his pipe and smoked some skooma. He continued to sit as he smoked, and just stared out.

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Bunk Room

The sound of steel on stone snapped Adrynn out of his shock. He saw Edward pass by him in a daze, his eyes fixed on Azura.

"Edward! NO!" He said, standing to try and stop his retainer. He was too late. The blade passed through Azura's form and left Edward's hand, spinning toward Lecuaro. Adrynn didn't think, he just reacted. His hands flew forward, a blast of magicka rocking the room as it hit the sword, knocking it aside and burying it in the bunk above Lecuaro's head. He spun around to Edward, his anger at what had just happened and his fear of Azura's retribution snapping his judgment. He snatched Edward up by the shirt and pulled him close, his eyes blazing.

"What in Oblivion was THAT?!" he yelled, his face inches from Edward's. He shook the other man, trying to snap him out of whatever madness had taken hold of him. Edward didn't respond. His eyes were glazed over. Still furious, Adrynn let go of Edward, not caring where he landed. He turned to Azura and dropped to a knee.

"Forgive my retainer, My Lady. I take full responsibility for his actions against you, though I know they shall be severe," Adrynn said, gritting his teeth as he said the words. A shimmer of magic appeared around Edward's slumped form. I don't care why he attacked her, I'm not going to let her kill him. Not without resistance anyways.

Azura's dark eyes met Adrynn's blazing crimson ones. She only smiled. It sent chills down his spine. "Rise, Adrynn of the Redoran. I will let Edward's transgression pass simply for your love for him. He will suffer no harm from me. I give you my word."

Adrynn nodded and rose, his eyes not leaving Azura's face. "Why are you here, my Lady? What have you come for?"

Her eyes didn't leave his. "I have come to name you and your cousin as my Chosen."

"What?"

The question came out of her mouth before she could stop it. Velanya looked to Adrynn, wordless confusion writ all over her face. What did the goddess mean? What did she want with them?

Caius watched Azura and the two cousins unblinkingly, desperately trying to make sense of this encounter. It was not all by chance, of that much he was certain. Azura had a piece to the puzzle, and she was about to offer it to them...

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Bunk Room

Adrynn's thoughts echoed Velanya's. His brow furrowed into a hard line. He stood up tall, his eyes not leaving the Daedra Prince's face.

"Why would you select us as your 'Chosen'?" he asked carefully, wondering why Azura wanted such a thing.

"My will is my own, Redoran. There are dark days ahead of you all, and since my Moon and Star is no longer here to defend Morrowind, the task falls to you," Azura said, folding her hands in front of her.

Adrynn folded his arms over his chest, his brow still in a hard line. "Why would his task fall to me? I am no Nerevarine. Just a lowly Redoran noble who wishes to keep his people safe." He didn't know how many questions Azura would answer before she lost her patience. Daedra where finicky . . . It was best to keep it short and simple.

"His task falls to you for that very reason, Adynn Indarys. You and your cousin share a bond that transcends the powers arrayed against you. That is one of the many reasons I do this. Take my blessing, and be forevermore known as my Chosen. Champions of Morrowind, and Defenders of the People." Azura's arms raised to Adrynn and Velanya. A searing hot pain went through Adrynn's body, and he couldn't help but fall to his knees from the pain. He could tell that Velanya felt the same thing. He could feel his mind meld with hers for a brief moment, then he was himself again. He felt all the pain gather into his left hand, and as he opened his eyes, he saw a brand starting to appear. It was over in seconds. Now, emblazoned into his left palm, was a shining emblem of his loyalty to Azura. It was a Moon and Star.

He glanced up. Azura was no where to be seen. His eyes turned to Velanya.

"What did she do to us?"

"I don't know, but it hurts...like...HELL!" she shook her closed fist furiously, trying to throw off the pain. When she uncurled her fingers, she saw a shiny brand of a Moon and Star burned into her palm.

Velanya's mind was whirling. First crazy ashlanders jump her in the foyada, then they mass-attack the fort, then the freakish dreams, now this?

"That's it. I've had it. I can't think about this anymore. I'm going mad. Nuts. Bonkers. Off my rocker. COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY INSANE!" She screamed. She jumped up and opened her pack, taking out her brush and literally ripping it through her hair. She put it up in a twist, then dug around in the back of her satchel, producing two pieces of parchment, a quill, and a half-full inkwell.

"I've got a letter to write and it needs to go to Ghostgate as soon as I'm finished," she said to no one in particular, proceeding to sit on the edge of her bunk and scribbling furiously...immersing herself in her task. It would be the only way she could cope with the illogical nature of recent events - to completely lose herself to the daily grind.

"Well, that pretty much ends any possibility of us catching up on sleep," the Spymaster remarked as he noticed the ever brightening morning sky, "Though I suppose we've gleaned one bit of key information: the Nerevarine is not our enemy. But that leaves us with another question - who is the doppleganger? And how do we convince the tribes that they have been duped?"

He stretched, then began moving towards the door. He glanced down at Edward, who was lying prone on the floor with a blank expression, "You know, you're one lucky man."

"You, too, Marczon," he added to the Commander, who seemed a little dazed, "I'm going to go try to find Serrabenashiah, but I want to talk to you in private when you have a minute...just use the stone."

Looking to Adrynn he remarked, "Nice save there, Redoran. Kriak, Dar," he nodded to the final two comrades respectfully before leaving the room. He would certainly be talking with those two later about the safety of the Emperor and his sons. But he had other matters to attend to for now...

Nibani Maesa, Urshilaku Camp, Wise Woman's Yurt

The wise woman awoke with a start. She knew instantly that the safety of her people lay in the hands of the Imperials. It was all so clear...the fort and the dragon, through which Azura's eye shone. She had heard of the new fort that had been built not far away...the Flooded Gate. One of their own had gone there - Serrabenashiah - to find her way amongst the settled peoples. Perhaps she was there still, and could help them get there.

She stood slowly, brushing ash from her patchwork robes. She could never explain such things to the Ashkhan. He would never hear of it...now that he didn't trust her.

She looked down at the floor, mouth thinning in determination. He had saddened her and disappointed her, but he hadn't broken her resolve. They would triumph...they would find the False Nerevarine...they would rise again...

...and they would exact revenge.

Edward Wildeve, Fort Floodgate, Blade's Safehouse Bunk Room

Edward lay broken on the ground. He hated the gods. He hated them for what they did to him, to his love. He hated them for what they are doing to the world, always sitting in the shadows, manipulating mere mortals as they see fit, as if life is a game to be played.

He stood up, pulling his sword from the bunk where it lay and wordlessly left the room. Edward walked through long winding passageways until he reached the outside. The sky was orange with dawn, the rising sun glinting off his sword. He walked with purpose and he walked quickly. Edward left the fort, he stood outside the gate as if contemplating something. He walked a small distance, stopped, then walked off, into the wilds.