Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

As Caius glanced at Kriak, the woodsmen said but one word, as it dawned on him what he needed to do, "Solstheim." At that Kriak stepped straight into a corner of the wall and disappeared.

The hunter stepped out into the courtyard of the still damaged Fort Frostmoth, large flakes of snow drifted lazily through the late night air and the howls of the baying wolves could be heard in the distance. The Bloodmoon was long over but Hircine was still present and Kriak aimed to find out why the Daedra were at war and what caused his brand to reappear, and be melded with that of Hermaeus Mora. The others would wonder where in the world he had wandered off to but he'd return soon enough, hopefully with more information on this new battlefront and a little insight from the Daedra prince himself.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dar'krinji. Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse.

Dar continued to sit, deep in a skooma induced stupor. He wasn't quite positive where everyone was going, but they were leaving. He stood up, with a bit of trouble, and stumbled over to Lecuaro.

"Hey heyyy Lecuaro, looks like everyone else left... How 'bout I stick around with you?"

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate

Caius raised an eyebrow as Kriak suddenly vanished. He withdrew his whispering stone and spoke into it, "Lecuaro, I hope you weren't planning on sending Kriak to Kogoruhn. He's just gone to Solstheim."

Shaking his head, he continued on into the kitchens, informing the cook that several ration packs needed to be prepared for at least four people. Asking about Serrabenashiah, he learned that the scout had last been seen heading for the dungeons.

As I suspected, he thought, turning tail to pursue the Ashlander.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Armory

Velanya found her armor assembled on a stand, spotless and sparkling with a brilliant shine. The smith himself was nowhere to be seen, likely still asleep, but the receipt was attached to her breastplate. She counted out the appropriate amount of gold, then left it and the receipt on his counter. She then took the armor and went to a nearby storeroom, where she changed out of her clothes and into her uniform.

As she straightened the pieces of her suit and folded her things neatly into her pack, she felt surprisingly refreshed. With the donning of her uniform, she was once again the vigilant and unshakeable soldier. Emerging from the storeroom, she took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

Now to find Caius.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse

Lecuaro slowly rose from the floor as Adrynn and Velanya wrote their letters. While waiting for them to finish, he took a moment to reflect on what had happened over the past two days. Since the morning of the day before yesterday, he had been given the toughest test of his leadership skills yet. He had met a plethora of interesting folk, experienced the mysterious Pescrami known only to the Breton race, defended against two large Ashlander armies and seen one get vaporized before his very eyes, been in the presence of the Daedric princess Azura, and discovered that someone had set themselves up as the Nerevarine's doppelganger and was leading the enemy forces. It was all so much so fast, and yet somehow, his psyche, along with those of his new companions, had weathered it all...albeit less than adequately at times. His closing thoughts turned him to the brands on his forearms. What do you want with me, Hermaeus Mora?

Lecuaro was snapped back to reality by the appearance of a parchment in his hands and Adrynn standing in front of him. He listened as the Redoran told him of a few private errands. He didn't relish the idea of this new group being fractured so early and so suddenly, but none of the fort could afford to have more strife than was needed swirl up. Adrynn's crimson eyes were as cold and hard as rubies as he turned away. Then came a second letter, this time from Velanya's hands. The Tower of Dawn at Ghostgate, eh? I wonder who this is for. He then watched the legionnaire go to see about her uniform.

Before he had time to think of where Relbren could be, Lecuaro was accosted by Dar'Krinji. The Khajiit reeked of Skooma and walked with an impaired stumble. Still, the offer of company was welcome...and Lecuaro had been wanting to get to know Dar'Krinji a little bit better anyway.

"Sure, Dar'Krinji. Let's have a seat on these bunks."

Lecuaro sat one one bunk as Dar'Krinji sat on the bunk opposite him. The Breton then produced a small item from one of his pockets.

"Here. It's not widely known, but gnawing on scathecraw leaves that have been soaked in a mixture of comberry juice and melted scrib jelly helps negate the negative effects of liquors and drugs...like skooma. Doesn't taste that bad either." The commander said as he extended the comestible to Dar'Krinji.

"I know that you may not look it, but I can sense a certain intelligence hiding behind the skooma fumes whirling around in your head. What are your thoughts on these recent events? Serious ones, if you please."

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Armory

Adrynn leaned against the hallway entrance to the armory, his Gah-Julan Bonemold curiass already strapped to his torso. His bonemold bracers lay on the table and his Daedric Katana was strapped to his waist. His search for Edward had been brief but thorough. No one had seen him. It seems he had left the fort entirely. So, Adrynn had come here to collect his armor. He hoped Kriak was still here at least . . . He glanced up as Velanya came out of the storeroom. He smiled softly, his eyes showing his affection for his cousin. His eyes skimmed over her Imperial Legion armor. He frowned.

"Velanya, where you're going, I'm afraid it wouldn't be prudent or wise to wear that armor. Ashlanders hate Imperials, and even more so, Dunmer who've sided with Imperials. So you already have two strikes against you and you haven't even gotten there yet," Adrynn said simply. He stood up, grabbing a small bundle off the smith's table. "If you must go, it's better to go wearing this, than your Legion armor," he said, shaking out the bundle. It was a long dark armored cloak, with thick leather covering the torso and shoulders.

He handed it to Velanya. "I found it while putting on my armor. Seems to have been taken off one of the scouts from yesterday's battle. It's light, and easy to move in. Not to mention you won't be attacked on sight while wearing it," Adrynn said, that soft smile still on his lips. He placed his hand over Velanya's Dragon tattoo briefly. "Aye, and you should probably cover that up with your hair as well."

He could see the confusion in Velanya's eyes. "Cousin, I don't want you to get killed when you arrive, regardless if you have Serrabenashiah with you or not. Since we are both Blades now," Adrynn said with some distaste, "we need to keep each other alive. Especially since we're kin."

He glanced over to the armory door, then back at Velanya. "I seriously hope you weren't thinking about walking into the Urshilaku Camp with your Legion armor on."

Dar'krinji. Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse.

Dar took the leaves from Lecuaro, and began to chew them as he sat down on the bunk. The foggy, clumsy feeling began to seep away from him, leaving the warm feelings behind.

Dar thought about Lecuaro's question deeply, furrowing his brow as he did so. After some thought he said, "I think that it may be that the outcome of all of this mess will be quite revolutionary. The reason why we all might have daedric realms backing our actions could be that they wish us to act for them. Somthing's coming, and the daedra need us to plant their flags in it. We might get some privileges, but it is all so we can overcome the obstacle. I myself was chosen quite some time ago by Sheogorath to do his work, even if it doesn't make sense at times. Skooma deffinately helps put me on his level of thinking, to some degree. All in all, I would not call this a bad thing, yet it isn't the best either. We will see."

Edited by nethgros

She took the armored robe from her cousin and raised a thin eyebrow, "You think they'd like me better if I wore the garb of a fallen kinsman? And, pray tell, how am I supposed to guise my Colovian accent? Yes, as a matter of fact, I was planning on walking into the Urshilaku Camp with my Legion armor on. Far better, in my opinion, to be honest about oneself outright than attempt to cover up one's true nature. Even if I am an Imperial Dunmer, I think they would respect my openness. Dishonesty is what got them and us into this mess to begin with."

Velanya sighed, "Look, Adrynn, if we take what the prisoner said as truth, then the Urshilaku can do nothing to me. They're starving and all of their warriors are gone...either dead on that battlefield or holed up at Kogoruhn. The Wise Woman or the Ashkhan might try to drive me away, but...something tells me they won't." Frowning, she held the robe up to her petite frame, "It's too big anyway."

They stood in silence, both of them staring at each other with stubborn glares. Finally, Velanya caved, "Fine. I'll wear it. It's large enough to go over my uniform." She removed her pack, then wrapped the robe about herself, cinching the belt and replacing her bag. "But I'm not going to try and hide my tattoo. It won't work. Fair compromise?"

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Armory

Adrynn nodded. "Fair enough. And you must forgive me. I haven't had much dealing with the Blades and knowing what little I do, I was just trying to stay a step ahead," Adrynn said, leaning against a wall and resting his hand against the pommel of his katana. "I'm just trying to keep everyone from making a fatal mistake is all." He crossed his arms over his cuirass. "Edward's disappeared. Completely. He's not here in the fort, nor anywhere nearby. I've already looked. It seems he's gone rogue. It's not something I would have hoped or expected him to do. But, I don't have enough time today to hunt him down. I need to gather what supplies I can and get on to Kogoruhn. Hopefully Kriak hasn't disappeared either. I am, well was, counting on both of them to accompany me there. Especially the hunter. He's got more skill than most of the Legionnaires here put together," Adrynn said, mostly to himself. He glanced to Velanya. "Excluding you, of course, cousin."

Where the blazes are you Edward?

She sighed, "I know you are, Adrynn, and it's an admirable effort. Everything is just falling apart at the seams. And I'm not surprised about Edward. I am worried, though. Something is gnawing at him...something old and deep. It's a bad wound, likely initiated by the Daedra, judging by his reaction to Azura. I have a feeling he's gone to sort himself out. He may have left us, but he will be back. It's just a matter of when."

Velanya turned from him and began walking down a corridor, "I'm going to find Caius. You can come with me if you want, or go back to Lecuaro. Either way, we're going to be parting ways soon, so we need to make sure we're well prepared."