Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Kriak Dashed swiftly through the forests of Solstheim, he limbery jumped into pine trees and leaped from branch to branch to avoid the various beasts and foes that hung about the land. He headed straight for a cave he knew and sure enough outside it was just what he had been looking for. Kriak climbed silently to the top of the lodgepole pine he occupied, being extremely careful not to disturb any snow. He felt the scent of snap fill his dry nose as the white powdery snow fell. A tiny bit of snow fell from the last limb as he threw himself into the air as silent as a wraith and dived towards the ground.

The werewolf sniffed cautiously, it detected something amiss, but it couldn't place it. Suddenly a small dusting of snow fell from a nearby tree, he looked up-Kriak hit him full on, as he landed he thrust his arms underneath the werewolf's and brought his hands up, locking his fingers behind the beast's back. The wolf howled in pain as Kriak stomped on its feet, his boots had sharp spines in them to assist him in climbing and now they pinned he beast's feet. Kriak whispered into the wolf's ear, "Take me to lord Hircine." At these words his brand glowed like fire and he could no longer keep his grip on the wolf. Suddenly the werewolf broke free, but rather than turn on Kriak it gestered with a claw and its snout towards the cave...

The cave was moist and warm, the slight odor of rotting flesh was prevelant close to the surface were kills had been eaten, cradually the pungeunt smell of matted fur and the metalic tang of blood from licked wounds pervaded the air. A regular drip echoed through the caverns. Kriak saw several werewolves as he followed the large grey specimen he had forced to lead him. The werewolves oddly bowed to him as he passed. As they walked Kriak noticed his brand had become even more defined...

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

Velanya made her way through the maze-like halls, Adrynn silently following. A few passing legionnaires gave her odd looks when they saw her overcloak, but they made no comments. FInally, she met up with Caius, who seemed to be heading swiftly and deliberately for the dungeons.

"Spymaster!" she called.

Caius stopped, turning back towards them. His face was set in a grim expression, his steely eyes hard, "Ah, Velanya. Was just about to run and get you after locating the Urshilaku scout. Adrynn," he nodded in acknowledgement of her cousin.

"Edward is gone," Velanya said simply, deciding to go ahead and break the news, "He's left the Fort entirely."

"Gone? Well that's just fantastic," he replied icily, throwing his hands in the air, "because Kriak just up and decided to teleport to Solstheim to do gods-know-what."

"What? But...I thought he was going with Adrynn to Kogoruhn. Cousin, that just leaves you and Dar'krinjii," Velanya cast a worried look Adrynn's way.

"Sounds like your raid has become a stealth reconnaissance mission," Caius remarked. He shook his head, "Don't know what that hunter is up to. Quite frankly, I don't want to know. Like you two, he's been branded, but not by Azura. He's got a nice tattoo of Hermaeus Mora and Hircine, now."

Velanya's eyes widened, "Caius, Lecuaro just received a brand of Hermaeus Mora himself...what does this all mean?"

Caius's mouth became a thin line, and he answered dryly, "We're pawns in a game, Bladesister."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn's eyes were like fiery shards of ice as they took in the news of Kriak's disappearance. That meant that the two men he had been counting on to help him at Kogoruhn were now gone. Deserted. Adrynn was not pleased.

"Edward I can understand. Kriak is something more than I can understand and him running off doesn't leave me much choice but to go on my own," Adrynn said, his face in a deep scowl and his eyes like chips of rubies. "I don't know how well I can trust the Khajiit, Dar'krinji . . . He's a skooma addict for one, and a follower of Sheogorath for another. He might have motives that counteract what I need to do at Kogoruhn. Namely, find out who is really leading this Ashlander revolt and try my best to stop them. Whether I kill or capture them is of no matter, they need to be dealt with. And soon. Very soon." Adrynn gripped his katana's handle hard, squeezing the leather wrap tightly as his eyes showed his disdain for the coming hours.

"Now, Dar can still accompany me, but don't be surprised if I come back without him. I won't hesitate to leave him behind if he hinders my mission. I don't need anyone getting in my way who doesn't want to die," Adrynn said, his voice low and edged with razors as he spoke. He was just barely holding onto his anger, keeping it under a tight reign. He glanced between Velanya's and Caius's slightly bewildered faces.

"What, don't believe me?"

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

"Oh, we believe you," Caius replied with a raised eyebrow, turning to continue his walk towards the prison.

Velanya gave Adrynn a look of disapproval, "Cousin, you don't know how many opponents are in that stronghold. You need Dar, whether you like it or not."

She then began to follow Caius, and the Spymaster led them swiftly into the dungeons. There, Serrabenashiah stood in front of the two prisoners' cell, speaking softly in Aldmeris, tears running down her face. She didn't even seem to notice the three of them approaching.

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Prison

Adrynn only nodded to Velanya's sentence. Caius's dismissal of his remark grated on his nerves. Imperial, you are not in high favors with me right now . . . Don't push it. Adrynn thought as he followed the pair down the tunnels. When they reached the prison cells, he caught the tail end of a sentence in Aldmeris.

" - you mean they're gone?" The Legion Ashlander Serrabenashiah said softly, tears running down her cheeks. Adrynn folded his arms over his armor and waited to hear this.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Bunk Room

Lecuaro nodded softly at Dar'Krinji's answer. Although he did not want to accept it, he and the others were now pawns in a mysterious and dangerous game being played by the Daedric monarchs. However, what frightened him more than his own plight was the condition of his wife and two children. He knew full well that if a Daedric prince mucked with one member of a family, the others were likely to be affected as well. He also didn't know just how big this table war board was or how much bigger -- and bloodier -- it was going to get. He saddened at the thought of having to leave this fort and all of its inhabitants behind; he hated leaving those about whom he cared.

He would likely have to become Lecuaro the Blades Agent once again though. The memories of those two weeks down in Cyrodiil four years ago suddenly came rushing back. That Daedra worship den those cultists had set up in that Ayleid ruin had been one of the most horrifying, stomach-turning places he had ever seen...but such was the lot of an active Blades member. You don't get to choose which missions on which to go, you just have to go. At this thought, he once again remembered the planned outing to Kogoruhn and how it would either have to wait or be entirely abandoned. The Blades team coming from Cyrodiil was supposed to arrive some time in the afternoon as well, further complicating the situation. If the raid on Kogoruhn was still going to happen today, it needed to start before noon since Captain Caretus wasn't the most friendly or understanding Bladessister in the organization. At least he had a viable excuse then for not being at the fort to greet them. He knew Nenalaamo could handle the job. The Altmer wasn't in the Blades himself, but he valued his life and his position in the Legion enough to keep quiet about the order's affairs at the fort and to be cordial with visiting members.

Lecuaro elected to seek out Adrynn and Velanya to discuss the next course of action. If nothing else, he could still probably persuade Hebiert and Cheriana Mondasten to accompany the troop to Kogoruhn. He was worried about Edward though; he knew of what an angry man was capable, and he did not want any harm to come to the man or anyone else. He slowly rose from his bunk and clapped Dar'Krinji on the shoulder.

"I'm going to go find Velanya and Adrynn. You can tag along if you wish." As the Breton passed through the doorway, he added, "Oh and you may want to give the Skooma a rest for a while...we're all going to need to be as coherent as possible in the days ahead."

With that, Lecuaro set off down the hallways. After rounding a couple of corners, he heard a still, quiet voice in his head saying simply, "Go to the dungeons." Not knowing exactly where the two Dark Elves were, he decided to try his luck there and headed for the holding cells.

Before long, the commander arrived at the cells where he found Velanya and Adrynn, along with Caius, looking at another Dunmer woman who appeared to be talking to the two Ashlander captives. As she came into focus, he recognized her as Serrabinashiah. He sauntered up to the trio and leaned against the wall.

"Looks like I found you all. So...how long has Serra been at this?" He asked simply.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Prison

Velanya shook her head, "I don't know, Commander. We just found her like this."

Caius nodded, "She's not taking well to what's happened to her people. You've known her the longest, Marczon. Can you talk with her for a minute and ask her if she can go with Velanya to the camp?"

At that moment, Velanya wondered if Lecuaro had sent off their letters...Faeryn needed to come as soon as possible. They needed him.

At last Kriak came to the end of the winding catacombs and stood face to face with a statue of Hircine. True, there was one in Cyrodiil, but this one was different, this was the very altar that Hircine had presented the Bloodmoon from and was also the one that Hircine was most likely to show himself in his true form and appear before the woodsman. This statue gleamed with ivory and was adorned with tusks and fangs and pelts, it was the very likeness of the deer-headed God. The werewolf who had led Kriak to the statue bowed gracefully and stepped aside to observe the proceedings, but with a stern glance from Kriak he vacated the chamber.

Kriak knelt before his Deadra lord and withdrew the pelt of a lion and a hollowed unicorn horn that he used to carry a powerful poison. He placed these upon the altar and a faint glowing enveloped them. His generosity was rewarded as he unicorn horn lay untouched, Hircine often allowed him to retain the greatest of his offerings as a trophy. Suddenly the methodic, rasping voice of Hircine echoed through the chamber, "The Hunter of Men returns." Hircine paused, "My champion returns to the fold of my service. What brings you back to me Kriak?" Hircine drew out Kriak's name.

"Lord Hircine, I have come seeking answers." Kriak said with more humility than his voice usually knew.

"Speak."

"Why have I been rebranded? And what turmoils rage in your realm that Hermaeus Mora may make his mark upon me as well?" Kriak inquired.

"Champion, I have reclaimed you now that you have returned to this realm. You shall serve once more under the war banner of the Great Hunter and the Cartographer of the Tides of Fate. You shall lead the pack in the battle against the Webspinner and the Lord of the Night." Hircine replied matter-of-factly.

"What? You and Hermaeus Mora are at war with Mephala and Sanguine?" Kriak couldn't help but sputter, "How comes this to be?"

"Dagon plots once more, this, my hunter, you know. Mephala and Sanguine are arrayed once again to disrupt my great hunts. Mora, the observer relishes in my games and would not have them meddle in my sport. They seek to take the spoils of Dagon's war and make for themselves a realm of lies, deciept and debauchery. This would destroy the balance of the hunt, and you, Champion shall lead our banner armies against the plotters with the Commander of the Orange-Eye." Hircine instructed his vassel.

"But my lord, what does this have to do with Azura?" Kriak inquired.

"The mistress of dusk and dawn's realm is under siege by the forces of Molag Bal, father of the Night Hunters, I do not know where this conflict shall lead but Mephala and Sanguine try to wrap Bal into their plots, you cannot allow this my Champion." Hircine commanded.

"I understand my lord. Are the forces of Molag Bal at Kogoruhn?"

"Indeed. If his armies are allowed to run wild then all the hunt is lost upon the isle of Vvardenfell, you must keep them in check and not let Mephala bend him to her will. For, if he should join forces with her we will be forced to enlist further aid and dilute our spoils and the spoil the purity of the hunt. Now go my champion, take the fight to the Night Hunters on Vvardenfell, they are the most unnatural of hunters and must not be allowed to overrun the lands."

Kriak rose, "Yes my liege," he stepped into he shadow of the altar and disappeared...

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate Holding Cells

Lecuaro slowly approached the weeping Serrabinashiah and knelt by her side as she finished talking to the Urshilaku prisoner. He was about to ask her about what they had talked when the hot-tempered prisoner started with the yelling and cursing. Lecuaro let loose a small ribbon of fire from his right index finger in the direction of the outcast's face and he promptly reeled back and quieted down as the flames touched his nose. He then motioned the Urshilakuan away and looked at Serrabinashiah.

"Serra, what were you two talking about?" Lecuaro asked gently.

The girl could barely keep the tears choked back as she answered. "I wanted to know how my people were faring. What he told me.......it's terrible."

Lecuaro placed a hand on Serrabinashiah's shoulder. "What did he say, Serra?"

"He said that all of the tribe's warriors had gone to Kogoruhn to be part of some army there and that the rest of the tribe had little food or water." More tears leaked forth from the brokenhearted Ashlander's eyes as she relayed the information. Then she looked directly at Lecuaro before speaking again. "Commander, you were wanting to know what that Urshilaku amulet you had the Khajiit bring to me said? If he hasn't already told you...it said, 'Above all else, lies survival.' It's rare...only issued during times of great hardship."

Lecuaro watched as Serrabinashiah once again burst into tears. He slowly rose and walked back to Caius and the others.

"Well Velanya, I think I'll let you ask her about accompanying you to the camp after she has a bit to reflect on what's happened."

The Breton then noticed Caius staring at him. "Caius...the look in your eye says that you want to ask me something." He said as he folded his arms and leaned against the wall.

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate, Prison

The Spymaster subconsciously mimicked Lecuaro's stance, crossing his arms and resting a shoulder against the stone wall of the prison. He met his comrade's hazel eyes with his own, commanding the Breton's attention, "I've been told Edward has gone AWOL, and you need to know that Kriak has done so as well. The hunter has teleported to Solstheim, presumably to investigate his own newly acquired brand: a mark of both Hircine and Hermaeus Mora. I've also been told that you have been branded by Hermaeus Mora as well. We already know of Velanya and Adrynn's marks from Azura. And we've been informed that Mehrunes Dagon is causing trouble as well."

Caius edged closer, "You know as well as I do that chaos in the heavens causes misery for everyone on earth. It's just going to make our mission that much harder. Adrynn," he nodded to the Redoran, "is bent on going to Kogoruhn despite our diminished numbers, likely taking Dar'krinjii with him. I don't know how long Velanya and Serra are going to be gone, so that leaves you, me, and your second-in-command in charge of this Fort's operations. We've weathered two attacks thus far, but the second wave was beaten only by the superhuman efforts of our new-found friends. Should the enemy forces decide to assault this Fort again while they are gone, it is likely that the garrison will fall. We cannot afford that."

He shook his head, "However, we cannot stand idly by, either. We need to proceed, but aim to complete our goals as quickly as possible," he cast pointed looks in Velanya and Adrynn's directions, "We must not leave this Fort vulnerable. Besides," he added dryly, "Captain Caretus is coming today, and we surely don't want to keep her waiting."

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Prison

She caught both of Caius's looks before moving towards the saddened scout. Velanya approached her carefully, not wanting to upset her further, "Hey there, Serra. I'm planning on going to the Urshilaku Camp today - to see what's going on there and, hopefully, get some answers. I'd appreciate it if you would come with me...I don't exactly know the way, and you could help smooth their feathers for me. Would you join me?"