Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Lecuaro left the wall and straightened, keeping his arms folded. Caius was right about them not being able to afford the loss of the fort, but defense, oddly enough, didn't sit well with the Breton. Normally, he was all for toughing it out against an enemy force; he'd always been more defensively-minded anyway. However, he couldn't help but think that the best course of action to take against their foe was offense rather than defense. On his way to the cells, he'd determined that he would be part of the expedition to Kogoruhn and he knew that Caius's expertise would be invaluable there as well.

"Well Caius, in any normal situation, I'd agree that staying here and trying to outlast the enemy is the best thing to do, but this isn't a normal siutation. You saw what these people are capable of yesterday, and if this phony Nerevarine is any kind of competent military leader, he'll only treat these defeats as learning experiences. How long will it be...how many assaults will it take...before those fetchers finally best us?"

Lecuaro's eyes lit up a bit as he finished. "I'm with Adrynn; we need to find out just exactly what the hell is going on at Kogoruhn...and I'm going to be part of the team. It's been several years since I've done something like this, but I think I'll manage. And I'm sure your own skills...and experience... would be welcome assets. Nenalaamo's a capable commander and he's acted as fort leader before, both for me and for previous superiors. And about Captain Caretus, it won't kill her to have some patience for once in her life."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Serrabinashiah looked up at the new face through her tear-glazed eyes. Someone else wanted to go see what the Urshilaku camp's status was as well. Her eyes lit up and the weeping nearly stopped...this was her chance.

"I can take you there, miss. I want to see them myself anyway." She said, standing up. "When do you wish to leave?

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

A grim smile crossed Adrynn's face. The assault on Kogoruhn was going to happen after all, and he wasn't going by himself, it seemed. He stepped out from the shadowy edge of torchlight he had been standing in and strode up to Lecuaro and Caius.

"Well, this is going to be interesting. Instead of me, Kriak, and Edward going to Kogoruhn, it will be me, you Lecuaro, and you, Caius," Adrynn said, a smile breaking out over his weathered face as he reached the pair. "Hopefully Kriak will return before we set out or meet us there. He is one warrior we need in this assault. I do not know the numbers nor the enemy we will face there. We're going to need all the help we can muster." Adrynn turned to the Breton Commander. "Lecuaro, if you weren't already, I'd suggest bringing a couple of your best men with us. Those who are well rounded and are experienced in battle. Anyone who's green will just get us all killed." He turned to Caius and grudgingly stuck out his hand. "Caius, I know we have our differences, but today is not the day to let them interfere with what we have to do. I will go not only as a Redoran representative, but also as one of your Blades."

His fiery red eyes caught the torchlight and threw it back in deep shades of crimson. "Are we agreed?"

Upon hearing Adrynn's request to have a couple of his best men accompany them, Lecuaro instantly knew who to bring. Hebiert Mondasten was almost always in the training rooms since he both practiced himself and volunteered to serve as part-time coach for the fort's best archers; besides, the fort needed archers of his caliber while they were away. Cheriana, however, was usually available for any kind of assignment when she wasn't in the training rooms and she was easily her brother's only equal in terms of archery at the fort. He also would bring along Mercando, a slightly aged Altmeri battlemage who was handy enough with physical weapons, but was truly a terror to behold in magical combat. The fact that both he and Cheriana were both Blades made them even better prospects than usual.

"Hmm...I know just who to bring. Cheriana Mondasten and Mercando. Cheriana's pretty young, twenty-five, but she is far from green. She's a virtuoso with bows, been shooting since she was seven. Her father, the great Fehryld Mondasten who you might know better as the 'High Rock Hotshot', trained her and the Blades training regimen has only augmented that instruction and her talents. Also, there's a battlemage at this fort named Mercando who's been in the Blades for over seventy years. He's one hundred fourteen years old, and he's been frying ne'er-do-wells since his twenties, so he's both naturally dangerous due to his Altmeri heritage and has tons of experience to boot."

Dar'krinji Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Dar had followed Lecuaro into the cells, and listened intently as he and the others spoke of war, and offensive defense. He thought that their idea of going to Kogoruhn to investigate was a great idea, though he really felt like just sitting in the keep and relaxing. Yet, almost as to completely erase the idea of relaxation, all his muscles began to clench and he heard a great roar through the room. The others obviously didn't hear, as they did not react, but to him it was quite loud. He cringed against the walls as a great voice boomed,

"YOU THINK YOU CAN STAY HERE!? No, you are going, and you will do what I tell you. GOT IT?" Dar nodded, and the voice faded, leaving him shocked and with a very deffinate answer.

Dar stepped over to the others and said, "I'm going with you also, the madgod so wills. And I guess I will lay off the skooma, for now."

Edited by nethgros

Kriak was swirling through darkness, but something was wrong, he could feel it. It was no comforting warmth of the shadows that saved and aided him so often, it was colder, more menacing, something unnatural was occuring...

Kriak had never been attacked when "teleporting" somewhere, but his time he was. The vampire's fangs lashed out at his throat from nowhere. He only just had time to through up his arm and catch his assailant in the throat forcing the creature back. He struck out with his other hand, slashing with his dagger but missed. A relentless volley of attacks besieged him, he was only barely able to deflect them. None of the blows had struck home but kriak knew he was fighting a losing battle, desperate times called for desperate measures. The dagger came up and struck his off-hand, blood spurted everywhere from his palm. He barely deflected another attack from the vampire who was once again lashing with its fangs. Kriak wiped his palm across his eyes...

The vampire was bewildered beyond imagining, its prey was gone. He could see it so well in the shadows and the prey was nearly blind but then it disappeared. Suddenly its neck was held in a vice grip. A hand appeared from nowhere and grasped it by the neck, it could feel a warm wetness on its throat and squirmed with lust for the blood. The prey reappeared, somehow it had melded into shadows within shadows. The vampire had no idea what was happening but could smell blood on the prey's face too...

Kriak and the vampire tumbled onto the stone floor of the fortress in the middle of the holding cells. As they writhed and squirmed Kriak suddenly plunged his dagger straight through the vampire. The vicious point of the dagger peared out from the back of the vampire as it flailed in its death throws. Kriak withdrew the blade and the vampire's pierced heart with it. The abomination still squirmed under his hand, Kriak lifted the creature then through it mercilessly to the ground and crushed its skull with his boot.

He wiped the dagger across the fabric of the vampire's regalia, sheathed it then wiped his eyes free of the blood that had fueled his insight and rage. His hand was healed now but a large scar adorned the palm. "We have bigger problems than we thought comrades." He said plainly.

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

The phantom sounds of fighting echoed throughout the dim hallways of the Prison before Kriak fell out of the shadows, struggling with something. Blood flew against the wall as a wickedly sharp dagger pierced the creatures heart and was wrenched out, throwing the dark sticky fluid everywhere. Adrynn had turned at the sounds of the fighting before diving out of the way when Kriak had reappeared. Adrynn stood up just as Kriak's boot went through the creature's skull, crushing it flat. He could feel warmth in both his hands and looked down to see twin fireballs resting in his palm. He hand unconsciously summoned them when he dove out of the way. Now, there was no need for them. He clenched his hands into fists and snuffed them out.

"Kriak, what in Oblivion was that? What happened?" Adrynn asked, stepping forward to the blood soaked hunter, his eyes shining with inner power.

Gods, what is going on here?

It all happened quickly. Faint sounds of a struggle filled the room with the absent woodsman reappearing seconds later, grappling with some humanoid creature. Lecuaro jumped back and unsheathed his ebony katana as Kriak jammed his dagger into his opponent's heart, sending spurts of warm, dark red blood everywhere. As the hunter slammed the foe onto the ground and stomped its skull flat, Lecuaro could feel a burning sensation in his left hand. When he looked at it, he saw a bright orange fireball. Did I just unconsciously conjure up a fireball?

Seeing that it was useless now, Lecuaro squeezed it away and restored his katana to its scabbard. "So it seems, woodsman...and you also gave this prison a new paint job."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

The sudden emergence of sounds of combat and two people fighting with each other overrode the strong pangs of sadness that had been swirling around inside of Serrabinashiah's body and she quickly assumed a combat stance while readying her shortsword in her right and and a burden spell in the other. The explosion of crimson that covered the walls and floor surrounding the fighters moments later put her on her toes. However, she lowered her weapon and spell after seeing one combatant slam the other into the ground and flatten his skull. The wet pop produced by the skull's shattering made her stomach churn.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Velanya watched with wide eyes as Kriak and a vampire suddenly materialized right in front of them. The battle was over faster than she could blink, and she could only gape at the blood-soaked hunter.

"What in Oblivion is going on?"

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

The Spymaster glanced at the battle-ready Adrynn, "There's your much-needed woodsman...right on time."

Dar'krinji Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Out of the shadows, like usual, Kriak appeared. Contrary to his usual calm, suave entrance, he entered in a battle with a creature of some sort. After he pierced the creatures heart, he stood up bloodied and ragged looking.

Dar knew that this was big, but obviously he had yet to grasp just how big. From the looks of things, it was very, very big. He moved over to search the corpse as the others asked Kriak of his travels. There was absolutely no discerning marks on the body, other than the fact that it was a vampire, and it did not have any sort of smell unique to a vampire. There was nothing Dar could use to figure out just where this creature came from, so he walked over to the others to listen to what Kriak had to say.