Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Edward Wildeve, A fair ways outside Fort Floodgate

Edward sat aimlessly against an ashland tree. He glanced at the fort, and let his gaze travel over the expanses of dead the previous battle had created. His gaze stopped at the tar-pit in front of him, and he idly watched as black bubbles were created and destroyed, created and destroyed.

He sighed, if he wasn't mad already he would be soon. Yet Edward had no idea what to do. He could tell the gods were moving, and he knew they would pull man and beast alike into their petty games and squabbles. All the people he had recently met, they had all been made pawns of the gods, all would die for some divine amusement.

Edward stood up, the gods had to be stopped, but he had to be careful about this, bide his time and stop them at opportunity. The people assembled at Fort Floodgate were involved somehow, and Edward resolved to go back there.

Plus... he had to apologize to Adrynn.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kriak stood, exhausted, traveling through the shadows was common practice for him, but this...this was something new entirely. Never had he had to conciously think as he traversed them and now suddenly someone else could attack him? This was strange indeed. The fight had sapped his reserves of energy, he had constantly envisioned his destination while fighting the vampire so that he would not be dragged to some gods-forsaken place and his blood rage had only taxed his system more. It was a relief to not have to maintain his spell and even his own being for a moment. He took a few deep breaths before he answered the inquiries.

"I've just learned a little bit from Solstheim." He looked at Caius, "And your theory was indeed correct spymaster. The Daedra are at war and we-" He gestured to his comrades, "Are in the middle of it. Molag Bal has arrayed his forces against Azura, particularly here on Vvardenfell where her most numerous and ardent followers are, and now, her champions. Dagon is plotting to conquer Tamriel and nearly all the Daedra assume he will succeed, this is why Bal specifically wants Vvardenfell. This will be his staging ground for his invasion. Molag Bal hopes that Dagon's forces will be weakened from their long campaigns and will fall easy prey to his hordes that will be relatively fresh." Now Kriak motioned towards the corpse a his feet, "I'm not sure if this is one of his but it definately wants me dead and I'm sure that at Kogoruhn we will find an army of similar creatures." Kriak paced, facing away from the group. "I think that this-this False Nerevarine is actually Molag Bal in his human form. It would make sense. He is the Prince of Curroption and would be able to manipulate the ashlanders' minds and he does want Vvardenfell for his forward base of operations." Kriak turned to face his companions, "This is far bigger than we could have imagined. And the enemy is better equipped than even I could have anticipated, in my decades of experience I've never met anyone capable of attacking me when I'm in transit, and yet this vampire did, and nearly won." Kriak concluded and he felt the silence permeate the room like a toxic gas.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Velanya didn't know how to respond. She wasn't at all surprised at Kriak's information - not at this point. She simply nodded grimly.

"Well, I've got a tribe to check on. And if Molag Bal is involved in all this, I'd better go now," she turned to Serra, "I'm ready when you are."

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

"Thank you, Kriak, for that intelligence," the Spymaster said, "it certainly puts everything into perspective for us."

Caius didn't really know what to think. It was bigger than anything the Blades had ever faced. Not even Jagar Tharn's plot was this extravagant or far-reaching. He turned to Adrynn, unable to hide his trepidation, "Redoran, I would have no other at my side at a time like this," he then clasped Adrynn's forearm firmly, "We shall both go to Kogoruhn and fight as Blades...as brothers. For what little hope this world has left."

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Adrynn nodded and clenched his hand around Caius's forearm. "I thank you, Spymaster. Perhaps we will survive this venture," Adrynn said, a hard smile on his face, his eyes filled with the knowledge of the coming hours. He turned to Kriak and the others. "So, if we are to go to Kogoruhn, we now know at least some measure of our enemies there." He glanced between the individuals in the group. Kriak, Velanya, Caius, Lecuaro, Dar, and himself. Only Edward was missing. And all but Velanya were coming with him to Kogruhn. He prayed he didn't lose anyone there. "If we are to leave, I suggest we gather what supplies we need, and head out. We can't waste any time if what Kriak says is indeed true." He clenched his left hand over the brand Azura had placed there. Now he knew why she had chosen him.

"Let's get moving people."

Kriak nodded grimly, this battle would not be easy. Especially if the vampires had similar powers to him. But a new consideration had dawned on him, what if that vampire wasn't Molag Bal's or Mephala's or any of their enemies'? What if it was something more...sinister? He stooped and examined the corpse more thoroughly...

The hair on the back of his neck stood up. He involuntarily jerked back from the corpse, he had long ago mastered his reflexes and was able to shut them down to preserve his cool and focus but this jarred him too much and even though he had considered the possibility he was still shocked and disturbed by what he found. On the side of the vampire's neck, where it would strike if it were to take a new victim, was a tattoo of a pearl, surrounding the pearl was an array of 13 daggers, the tattoo was small, very subtle, but it was unmistakable. Kriak panted but two words under his breath, inaudible to all but himself. "The Creed."

How had they found him? Were they constantly tracking him now? If they had found him could they find the others? What gave him away? Was the vampire a lone agent in the realm? Was it a renegade? Did it communicate back with the rest of the Creed? His head swum with the maelstrom of possibilities and horrible repercussions and implications that this encounter presented. This was why Dar had not been able to identify the affiliation of the Vampire-he had never seen one like it! This was a vampire from his realm not this one. Kriak set his jaw, he had a new found resolution. He would end this and then he would return home. He had waited in the shadows long enough. The time had come for him to show his face and crush the abomination that had become of the order he had once revered and loved. But first there was the matter at hand.

"I have everything I need already on my person." Kriak said, throwing off his new trepidation and fear of the coming storm, he withheld this information from the others, it was his fight, not theirs and they could not make it theirs, "I would like to go on ahead and scout the enemy base so that when we strike the rest of you will know exactly what we are up against. If another person would like to come with me, they are welcome to join me. I will be on my way momentarily." Kriak said this plainly, flatly, his 'invitation' had little question in it, he doubted anyone would take up the offer so he did not press it.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Lecuaro could only stare grimly at the vampiric corpse on the ground. Adrynn's desire to get moving, coupled with the fact that they seemed to be combating a new brand of foe, made his mind a malevolent hurricane, excavating and stirring every fear and sense of dread he had been trying to bury since two days ago. So this was it. This was really it. They were going to Kogoruhn to find out just who this false Nerevarine is and what problem he has with the rest of Vvardenfell...of Morrowind. He rubbed his right temple with his rough, calloused fingers.

"I'm with Adrynn. If we are going to be out of here before Caretus arrives, we'd better go now. Kriak says he's ready; I trust everyone else has what they need? If you need to do some last-minute equipping, we'll use the Blades storeroom in the safehouse. The secret door down there would be the best means of exiting the fort anyway."

==========================================================================================================================================

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Serrabinashiah dried her tears and collected her wits. "Looks like they're wanting to leave now too, so I guess now's a good a time as any."

Lecuaro suddenly looked back at her and Velanya. "Serra, Velanya, I think it'd be best if you two exited via one of the main gates. I don't want any Blades officials breathing down Serra's neck because she passed through one of the order's stations."

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

"Yes, sir!" Velanya snapped to attention, saluting her commander. Then, with a more gentle tone, she added, "Please be careful. All of you." She looked around at her friends, meeting each of their gazes for a moment so that they knew she spoke to each of them. To the Spymaster, she nodded in affirmation of her mission,"Caius, I'll come back to report when I know more about the situation with the Urshilaku."

Velanya motioned to Serra, "Come on. We'll go through the West Gate." As she left the prison, she turned back to Lecuaro, "And Commander? Don't forget to send off those letters before you leave. It is imperative that they make it to their destinations."

With that, she left the group behind her, hoping against hope that they would all return alive.

Gods, keep them safe.

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Caius watched Velanya go with mixed feelings. He knew she would get the job done...just like she had all of her duties for forty years. Still, he couldn't help but worry for her. And things would only get worse from here on out.

He then turned to Lecuaro, "I've got everything I brought here with me already, but it wouldn't hurt to peruse the storeroom for additional equipment. I'll certainly need to upgrade my armor," he brushed at the rough leather, "cowhide isn't exactly the best defense against vampire claws, if that's what we're facing."

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Velanya's reminder to send the letters was welcome, but unneeded since he intended to go find Relbren after meeting with them. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the parchments. Then, before the pair was out of earshot, Lecuaro yelled at Velanya.

"Where is this Faeryn fellow again, Velanya?" He asked.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

Suddenly, she heard a shout from Lecuaro, "Where is this Faeryn fellow again, Velanya?"

Velanya called down the hallway, "Ghostgate! Tower of Dawn!"

She cast a sideways look at Serra and grinned before shaking her head.

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Adrynn glanced down the hallway as Velanya and the Urshilaku, Serrabinashiah quickly made their way back up to the Fort. He sent a swift prayer after them. Azura, keep her safe.

He turned back to the others. "I have pretty much what I brought with me to the fort, which isn't a whole lot. I could stock up on a few things myself," the Redoran said, doing a mental check of his gear. He turned to Lecuaro. "Commander, I'd say it's time we got started. We don't have much time to waste, if any at all."