Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

Lecuaro nodded to Adrynn in agreement. "Caius, you lead them down to the safehouse. I need to go find Mercando and Cheriana, tell Nenalaamo that he'll be playing commander for a while, and get Relbren to transport these letters. Then I'll meet you guys down there. Oh...and this mess in here needs cleaning up."

With that, Lecuaro walked off down the hallway. Since it was early morning, he figured Mercando would probably be in one of the courtyards drilling the other mages. He found his hunch to be correct when he spied the High Elf with Relbren and the other wizards in the southern courtyard. As he approached, Mercando turned to greet him.

"Marczon, sir! Hello!" He said joyously.

"Hello, Mercando." Lecuaro then walked up close to him so he could whisper. "I really need you to come with me to the safehouse. Right now."

Mercando could detect the worried look in his superior's eyes, and readily agreed.

Before the two departed, Lecuaro called Elbren over.

"Yessir?" Relbren asked

"Relbren, I need you to deliver these two letters to a couple of people for me." He said as he withdrew a green ribbon and a red ribbon from a pocket. "The one with the green ribbon goes to the Tower of Dawn at Ghostgate. It's for a Dunmer Ordinator named Faeryn Sethandas. The one with the red ribbon goes to the Redoran Council Hall in Ald-ruhn. It's for Redoran Archmaster Athyn Sarethi."

The middle-aged mage nodded in comprehension. He then stepped back and muttered an incantation. Seconds later, he vanished in a flash of purple.

"Right then, let's get going." He said to Mercando. "Before we go to the safehouse, I need to find Cheriana and go tell Nenalaamo something real quick. Have you seen either of them?"

Mercando rubbed his chin thoughtfully for a moment before answering. "As a matter of fact, I talked to Cheriana not an hour ago. She said she would be in the eastern courtyard practicing with her bow. I don't know where Mr. Nenalaamo is, though."

"Well then let's go ahead and get Cheriana."

After a bit, the duo found their way into the western courtyard where they found Cheriana over by one of the walls shooting helmets off of small wooden platforms. As the two neared her, she noticed them and turned to salute Lecuaro.

"Marczon, sir! Do you need me?" She said, standing at attention.

"Yes, I do. I need you to come with me and Mercando to the safehouse. Now." He replied.

"Of course sir! Sir...is their something wrong?" She queried, seeing the grim overtones on his countenance.

"I'll tell you when we're down there. So let's get going. By the way, you wouldn't happen to know where Nenalaamo is, would you?"

Cheriana thought for a moment. "As far as I know, he should be in his office."

"We'll try there first then. I need to tell him something before we head to the safehouse."

The trio walked through the grid-like hallways of the fort until at last they came to Nenalaamo's office. Before he knocked, Lecuaro turned toward Cheriana and Mercando.

"You two stay out here, please." He asked.

As they both nodded, Lecuaro rapped on the door.

"Come in." Came a familiar Altmer voice from the other side.

Lecuaro pushed open the door and closed it behind him as Nenalaamo greeted him.

"Ah, commander! You need something?" He asked as he leaned foward in his chair and folded his hands on his desk.

The Breton swallowed hardly. He didn't like how often he sloughed off his leadership responsibilities on the High Elf, but between the Fort and his Blades duties, there was simply too much to do at once. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"I need to attend to some stuff...Blades stuff...outside the fort. I'll probably be gone more than a day. I need you to fill in for me while I'm gone." Lecuaro spoke the words clearly, but he had to fight the lump in his throat to keep them from sounding choked up.

Nenalaamo just leaned back in his seat. "Well, I won't probe about the Blades stuff. You go do what you need to. I'll hold things together here."

Lecuaro breathed a mental sigh of relief. Nenalaamo was one of few people he could call a true friend. Always ready to help...always ready to fill in. The grizzled commander stood and extended his hand towards his second-in-command, who firmly clasped it.

"Thank you." Lecuaro said as he shook his subordinate's hand.

"No problem. Now get outta here, yer burnin' daylight."

Lecuaro chuckled as he left the room. He found Mercando and Cheriana leaning patiently against one of the walls. It was time.

"Alright then, to the safehouse we go." He said as he led the way.

==========================================================================================================================================

Serrabinashiah Masseranit - Fort Floodgate, To the Urshilaku Camp

As the pair made their way toward the west gate, Serrabinashiah cast a look at Velanya.

"Do you want to visit a storeroom to stock up on anything? There's one close by." She asked.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate, Holding Cells

The Spymaster nodded in assent, then turned to his companions, "Right then. Let's go."

With that, he began to lead them through the corridors of the Fort and back to the safehouse. He felt oddly at ease - perhaps because they were finally taking the fight to the enemy.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, To the Urshilaku Camp

The legionnaire shook her head in answer to Serra's inquiry, "I restocked on everything before I came here. If you need something right quick, go ahead. Otherwise, we can keep moving."

Nibani Maesa, Urshilaku Camp

The wise woman stood silently outside of her yurt, absorbing the warmth of the morning sun. It was the only comfort that was left to her, now. She held up her hands and frowned at her emaciated limbs. Nibani shook her head and dropped her arms - the hunger pangs had stopped weeks ago.

She couldn't help but affix her eyes to the east, scanning the ash dunes and cairns for some sign of movement. That's where the dragon would come from, she was sure of it - the black dragon with Azura's eye at its heart.

Faeryn Sethandas, Tower of Dawn, Ghostgate

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.

The only sound as he made his way around the drum of the tower was his own heavy footsteps echoing down the hall. He sighed. The only reason he was here three months out of twelve was because the Archcanon asked him. Now that Dagoth Ur was dead, though, it was practically pointless. The slopes of the mountain had been clear for a year. Ordinators and Bouyant Armigers were retiring in droves.

He stopped for a moment, adjusting his violet scarf and the scimitar at his side. He smirked. Even with his armor on, he could be identified from a mile away. He was the only Ordinator on the island with that color kerchief and a Her Hand's weapon.

As he glanced at the ebony sword, his thoughts trailed to a woman who wielded another ebony blade: Velanya Therys. He hadn't seen her in years, and he wondered why he thought of her now...

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• 2 weeks later...

OOC>Dear God has Skyrim swallowed up all my free time. I love it so much. Nerdgasm. Sorry this post took so long : /

Kriak determined that he was not going to be accompanied by anyone on his scouting mission. "Righ then," He said, "I will see you all at Kogoruhn. I'll try to meet up with you near the entrance. Try not to die before you get to me, there'll be enough bodies as it is." With tht he vanished into the darkness of a corner.

The hair on the back of Kriak's neck stood up as he glided through the darkness. The feeling had returned. It was not a warm, comforting feeling of safety, something was wrong-again. He drew steel as he made the transit to Kogoruhn but nothing appeared. Then suddenly he surfaced.

The lake was freezing. He gasped for air in the dank cave. Tiny drops of water fell regularly from the ceiling, they landed in different sized pools at different intervals from one another. He swam rapidly for the edge of the lake and pulled himself out panting with frigidity.

Pathara help us. Kriak thought as his eyes opened wide. The drops didn't just fall at regular intervals, the pitches they emitted were a song. A song he knew well. He had ended up in the largest lake in the Great Maw. A massive cave system in his own realm. It was the home of the Creed. Kriak was stunned. There was no one waiting for him, no message, no nothing. Had they interrupted his transit and made him come here? Did someone attack him and reflex took him here? Did he just dream of home and return to the familiar cave? What in the world was going on? Kriak's hed swum with the possibilities. Whatever was going on, Kriak wasn't sure that he could get back to the others any time soon...

Relbren Edmontere - Ghostgate, Tower of Dawn

The magical haze faded from his vision as Relbren found himself in the midst of the Tower of Dawn's upper section. As he looked around, he saw a few startled faces, but they soon went back about their business.

After a couple minutes of asking workers and other Ordinators, Relbren was finally pointed to the lower level of the tower. He hastily descended the steps, almost mowing over a few servants. When he reached the bottom, he spied a lone figure in Indoril armor sulking about the hallway. He approached the man slowly.

"Excuse me sir...are you Faeryn Sethandas?" He asked.

Faeryn Sethandas, Ghostgate, Tower of Dawn

Faeryn half-turned upon hearing a voice call his name. Through the glass "eyes" of his Indoril mask, he saw a Breton mage standing behind him. He reached and tugged at the chin of the mask, and it popped upwards like a visor. Narrowing his eyes curiously at the mage, he replied, "Yes, I am he. How can I help you?"

Relbren Edmontere - Ghostgate, Tower of Dawn

The Dunmer's narrowed eyes unsettled the young mage a bit; he had always been a nervous soul when it came to interacting with others. He slowly drew the rolled-up parchment with the green ribbon from his pocket and extended it toward him.

"A message for you...from Fort Floodgate to the west." Relbren said. "I'm afraid I can't stay...I have other messages to deliver."

And with that, the Breton was gone as quickly as he came in a burst of bright light.

Faeryn Sethandas, Ghostgate, Tower of Dawn

The Ordinator blinked and the mage was gone. He looked down at the roll of parchment. A message? From Fort Floodgate? His curiosity piqued, Faeryn broke the seal and unrolled the paper.

To His Hand Ordinator of the Tribunal Temple, Faeryn Sethandas

From Knight-Errant of the Imperial Legion, Velanya Therys

Faeryn,

An extremely dangerous situation has arisen in Vvardenfell. A False Nerevarine is attempting to rally the Ashlander tribes in an apparent takeover of the island. Two massive attacks have been recently staged at Fort Floodgate, north of Ald'ruhn, and we have barely come out alive. It is believed that these rogues are headquartered at Kogoruhn, and they may attempt to use the foyadas of Red Mountain to access the southern portions of Vvardenfell. If they manage to do so, none of the cities of the south will be safe, not even Vivec.

There's no telling how large this False Incarnate's forces really are, and Ghostgate is the only fortress that stands in their way. I need you to put Ghostgate on high alert and come to Fort Floodgate as swiftly as you can. I realize that this sounds crazy, but you must take it seriously. Please hurry. We need you, and we're running out of time. Speak with Commander Lecuaro Marczon or his subordinate, Nenalaamo.

Gods be with you,

Velanya

Faeryn took a moment to reread the letter. Velanya's words were unbelievable. But she had never lied to him, so he had no reason not to believe her story. And if she was this worried and desperate, something was terribly wrong.

He closed his mask with a snap and folded the letter into a pouch at his side. Taking the stairs two steps at a time, he rushed to meet with the commanders of Ghostgate.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Relbren Edmontere - Ald-ruhn Under Skar, Sarethi Manor

The transportation magic's bright light cleared and revealed the main room of Under Skar in Ald-ruhn. Relbren hastened across the wooden walkways, finding his way to the front door of Sarethi Manor. As he approached, the burly bonemold-clad doorman extended his hand.

"Stop right there. What's your business with Archmaster Sarethi?" He asked in a deep, threatening voice.

"It's urgent. I have a message for him from Fort Floodgate out west. He must see it." Relbren stated quickly.

The door guard folded his arms and leaned against the wall. "How do I know you're not with the Morag Tong? I've been watching who I let in real close ever since the spike in contracts on his head."

Relbren was incredulous. The Morag Tong? Do I LOOK like I'm with the Morag Tong? -- he thought to himself. His jaw tightened. He needed past this guy, and a charm spell would take too long to be unnoticeable. Relbren readied himself, and flicked a ribbon of fire at the Dunmer's eyes.

The flames caught him off guard, and the mage charged toward him, shoving him over the railing. Before tearing open the door, Relbren hit the falling guard with a Slowfall spell so he would not be injured. Once inside, he asked one of the servants where Sarethi's room was. A few hallways later, he came upon the archmaster's door. However, he was once again stopped by the door guard.

"Halt! Who..."

Relbren didn't even try to negotiate his way past this one. He simply did him the same way he did the first and wrenched open the door. When he did, he saw Sarethi talking with another of his guards.

Relbren started to approach the pair, but was grabbed from behind by the Dunmer he'd just assaulted. Thinking quickly, he gave his legs a swift kick, taking them out from under him. He lurched forward to break free as the guard's weight pulled him down. Then, before he could get up, Relbren whirled around and hit him with a paralysis spell.

He then turned back to Archmaster Sarethi and the other guard, who were both readying fireballs.

"Wait! Wait! I'm here for Mr. Marczon from Fort Floodgate!" He shouted while preparing a magical shield.

Archmaster Athyn Sarethi, Ald Ruhn, Sarethi Manor

A loud commotion outside his door snapped Athyn's head up from the maps he was looking at with one of his guards. After a moment, in spilled a robed Breton and one of his Gah Julan Bonemold clad guards, snatching at the Breton so he didn't get close to the Archmaster. Instinctively, a fireball appeared in the Archmaster's hand.

"Just what is the meaning of this?! Who are you, mage, and what do you want?" Athyn shouted above the sounds of grunting and snarled curses.

"Wait! Wait! I'm here for Mr. Marczon from Fort Floodgate!" the mage shouted, throwing up his hands.

"What?" Athyn said, his mind jumping to Adrynn. "What do you have?" he asked, letting his fireball dissipate.

===============================================================================

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn followed Caius slowly, his mind lost in the deep corners of his imagination, wondering what in Oblivion was going to happen in the next few days. Finding no comfort in those thoughts, he turned his attention to the man in front of him. Caius Cosades, Blades Spymaster, and now one of the impromptu leaders of this band of odd individuals. Lecuaro, Kriak, Dar, Edward, Velanya, himself, and Caius. Such an motley band, yet one that had the necessary abilities and experience to do what needed to be done.

Iodiria. Mournhold, High chapel.

Iodiria sat in her quarters at her desk, She poured over many ancient scrolls, and mysterious tomes, absorbing all of the knowledge within.

But Suddenly there was a knock at the door, thump, thump, thump It went. "Enter" Said Iodiria, pulling away from her desk, and standing tall.

"I am sorry to intrude my lady, but there is a quarrel outside, Helseth's soldiers are Arguing with your Hands, my lady demanding to enter the temple!" The priest said urgenty.

Iodiria stepped outside and looked at the scene in her courtyard: Her Hands were preventing Helseth's guard, led by the captain Tienius Delitian, he was ranting about how the tribunal's time was at an end, and that Iodiria was just postponing the inevitable fall of the temple.

Iodiria said bitterly "What are you doing here Tienius?, this is temple ground and you are not welcome!"

"The temple is no more, Iodiria!, i dont even know why you are here! call yourself a Tribune?, you are mortal, nothing but that, the same as us all!" He snapped angrily

"Show some respect, Helseth's dog!, Mournhold was built by Almalexia, so consider yourselves honored to be allowed even in its holy borders!" Iodiria retorted, insulted by this mans disrespect.

"Helseth demands you out of mournhold!, you hold no power here, the temple is dead and so are its Gods!" He announced rudely

"Tell the puppet king his demand is ignored, i shall not bow to a boot-liker of the emperor!, And Myself and lord Vivec are proof of the tribunal's continued existance, we may be mortal now, but we are still worshiped as gods, we are the Guardians of the people, and the protectors of this land!, NOW LEAVE!" Iodiria wailed.

The royal Guard left and returned to the Palace, Iodiria retreated back into the Temple and Sat upon her Throne, which was now resting in the place Almalexia once stood. Iodiria took a deep sip from her wine, Why could things not be different? she thought to herself.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster