Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse

The rest of the walk passed by in utter silence. Each of the three's facial expressions didn't do the whirlwind of questions in their minds justice. Lecuaro knew that they'd been hearing rumors being leaked. But it was unavoidable. People talk...no way around that.

Lecuaro peeled back the fake wall door and led them down the earthen hallway. At the end, he hastily opened the safehouse door. The trio found its way into the main storeroom, where they spied Caius and Adrynn perusing what was available.

"I'm here." He said plainly.

==========================================================================================================================================================================

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - The Grazelands, to the Urshilaku Camp

"No, I'm fine. My profession demands I travel very lightly and do much with little." Serrabinashiah said.

Within minutes, the pair was before the western gate.

"Open 'er up!" Serrabinashiah yelled.

A heavy creaking noise accompanied the slow rising of the heavy steel gate. As the two Dark Elves passed through, the deep pangs of dread and fear inside Serra intensified. "We need to be at the camp yesterday."

==========================================================================================================================================================================

Relbren Edmontere - Ald-ruhn Under Skar, Sarethi Manor: Sarethi's Room

Relbren dispelled the shield and relaxed a little. As he tried to settle his breathing and heart rate down, he withdrew the red-ribbon-bound letter from his pocket and extended it to Athyn.

"This is for you, serjo." He said. "And I apologize for roughing up a couple of your guards...but I get the feeling that there's scarcely time for subtlety."

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Faeryn Sethandas, Ghostgate

It took quite a bit of negotiating to convince the leaders of the fortress to comply, but they finally agreed to put Ghostgate on high alert. They were doubtful of Faeryn's bit of "Imperial intelligence," but they trusted him enough to place more Ordinators and Buoyant Armigers on patrol and at the watch-posts. Satisfied that Ghostgate was as prepared as it was going to be, Faeryn headed to his own bunk in the Tower of Dawn. He took his supply pack from his footlocker and promptly made for the nearest closet. Making sure no one was watching, he shut the door behind him and cast a spell that the Temple would surely frown upon him using...

...and materialized before an altar to the Nine in Fort Floodgate. When the sparks of magicka dissipated, he saw a Legion priest staring at him, mouth agape. Faeryn popped the mask of his helm upwards with a friendly smile, "Pardon me."

The priest only nodded. Faeryn couldn't help but grin as he turned to leave the tiny fort chapel. After all, how many people had seen a Temple Ordinator cast Divine Intervention?

As he slowly made his way into the halls of the fort, he kept an eye out for anyone who might be able to direct him to the commander. He heard voices coming from one end of the corridor and began to head towards them. There, a pair of soldiers - one of them a sharp-looking Altmer - were walking down the hall, yammering about a sweetroll...

He raised a hand in greeting, "Excuse me. I'm looking for the commander of this fort. Can you point me to him?"

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse

The Spymaster was in the process of trading his leather armor out for a banded suit of plate: a standard Blades-issue uniform back home in Cyrodiil. He looked up at Lecuaro's simple statement.

"So you are," Caius replied. He tightened a pauldron and looked over the Commander's companions, "Are they aware of where they're going?"

Velanya Therys, Ashlands, to the Urshilaku Camp

"I know, Serra," the legionnaire replied to the scout, "we can only hope they're somehow alright."

But the longer it took to get to the tribe, the less likely it was that they would be...

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Erondil - Fort Floodgate Hallways

"Damn rats, eating all the sweetrolls..." Erondil muttered to the other soldier as he walked down the hallway. He always had some problem to deal with down in the Blades storeroom.

"Yeah well, at least they haven't gotten into the meat, yeah?" his Orcish companion replied.

A loud Dunmer voice from behind, prompted the pair to wheel around. Erondil could hardly believe what he was seeing and hearing. Here, in the middle of an Imperial fort, stood a Temple Ordinator asking to see the commander. The High Elf stuttered for a moment as he tried to form a reply.

"The...commander's probably down below busy with things. I can take you to his second-in-command Nenalaamo's office, though." He said at last.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Storeroom

"Not yet. I'm going to tell them now." Lecuaro answered.

He turned to face Mercando and Cheriana. "Before I begin, I need you both to understand that what I'm about to say is never to be repeated to anyone, Blades or not. Okay?"

"Yes sir." They chorused.

Lecuaro took a seat on one of the crates before continuing. "I'm assuming you've both heard of Kogoruhn?"

"I have." Mercando said. "Me too." Cheriana added.

"Well, these people here and I have reason to believe that the leader of these Ashlander rebels is holed up there." Lecuaro said while gesturing to Adrynn and the others. "We're planning a raid on the place, and I want you two to come along."

The pair's startled looks reflected the wave of trepidation that had suddenly washed over them. A raid? On Kogoruhn? On the enemy's main base? Cheriana was the first to respond, although it was anything but easy.

"S...sir, a raid? On the main enemy stronghold?" The young girl stammered. Mercando mentally repeated the question.

"Yes. Cheriana, you're one hell of an archer. And Mercando, I don't know anybody who can destroy someone with magic as well as you can. You two, coupled with the various healing magic tricks and potions among us, should give us a well-rounded team."

Leucaro's jaw tightened as he looked at his two stunned subordinates. He shot a glance over at Caius. "I think I'll let Caius tell you two the rest. We interrogated a couple of Ashlander prisoners earlier, but I wasn't there for most of it. He's heard more firsthand than I have."

Faeryn Sethandas, Fort Floodgate, Hallways

"That will do, thank you," Faeryn replied, following the soldier in silence. He wasn't sure if talking would help ease the tension or not, so he kept his peace.

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Storeroom

The Spymaster finished re-belting his katana to his side, then approached the two legionnaires, his blue eyes sharp, "As the Commander was saying, we believe the leader of this whole rebel operation is based at Kogoruhn. I don't know if you know much about Kogoruhn or not...so, long-story-short, it's an old Sixth House Base from the Nerevarine's days. Even cleared out, under normal circumstances, I wouldn't touch that place with a ten-foot pike. With our enemies occupying those halls, it's even more dangerous. And we've got reason to believe it's much worse than that."

He folded his arms across his chest and continued, "We got some important information from our prisoners last night. You're not going to like it. I certainly don't like it. Adrynn and Lecuaro don't like it. But, according to these prisoners, the man who's leading these Ashlander crazies is the Nerevarine himself. Now, before you jump to conclusions, we've already got some...higher intelligence..." he glanced at Adrynn, "stating that someone is posing as the Nerevarine to get the tribes behind him or her, and that our real enemy is something called the 'Mythic Dawn.' That aside, Nerevarine or no Nerevarine, we've got to get into Kogoruhn and wipe out the opposition that's holed up there. We also need to try and get our hands on some intelligence that will offer a better explanation for what's going on. These rebels are a serious threat to not only this area, but the entirety of Vvardenfell, and maybe even the whole Empire...they cannot be allowed to operate with impunity any longer."

He stepped even closer, looking back and forth between Mercando and Cheriana, "One last thing: the foes we face in there might not all be Ashlanders...ready yourselves for anything."

Finally, Caius turned to Adrynn, "Anything you want to add?"

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Athyn Sarethi, Ald-Ruhn, Sarethi Manor

Archmaster Athyn Sarethi took the letter from the Breton mage and quickly opened it. Inside, he found a short, but deeply disturbing letter from Adrynn. His crimson eyes scanned through it quickly. Then he read it again to make sure he wasn't seeing things. He looked over at his guards and the Breton with a grim face.

"Give this man some coin for his trouble and send him back. He was right. This matter is too great for pleasantries. Also, send word to all Redoran garrisons to gather their strength and send out scouting parties to the east and north. Ashlanders are about to come raining from the Wastes, gentlemen. We have no time to waste. House Redoran is preparing for war."

===============================================================

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse Armory

Adrynn grabbed a quiver of steel tipped arrows that he strapped around his shoulders over his armor and a small but powerful bow that he quickly strung and pulled to test its weight. He smiled, unstrung the bow, the slid it in the pouch made for it behind the quiver. He glanced over as Caius put on a curious armor that must have been made especially for the Blades, for it was one he had never seen before. He noticed Lecuaro came in accompanied by two other soldiers, he guessed the two Adrynn had asked him to bring along to Kogoruhn.

He watched Lecuaro and Caius debrief them on the situation and caught Caius's sly glance over to him when he mentioned, "higher intelligence" to the two. Adrynn smiled humorlessly. After grabbing a small shield and another dagger, Adrynn made his way into the room just in time to catch Caius's inquiry.

"Yes, I do, Cassius," Adrynn said, stepping closer to the two Legionnaires. "When we enter Kogoruhn, there is no telling what we will face, so I advise you to be literally ready for anything. We already have had one of our group attacked by a vampire, so make sure to keep a Fire spell or scroll handy. Also remember that Dunmer are highly resistant to fire, so Frost or Lightning would work better. And for the love of all that's holy, try not to get killed. This is a raid, yes, but we need everyone we can if we're going to be successful," Adrynn said, his face dark and grim.

He glanced to Lecuaro. "I have all that I need. I'm ready when you are."

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse

"We'll leave in a bit, but wait here a minute while I go get something." Lecuaro said as he left the room.

A couple of minutes later, he returned with a bag. "I have a couple more pieces of equipment for us." He said.

He opened the bag and withdrew a small pouch. He reached inside and pulled out a few small black pellets, which he then threw against one of the walls. The pellets hit the wall and burst in small sparks.

"These are stun beads. You simply throw a handful of them at an opponent and they explode in little sparks and disorient him, giving you a second or two to land a blow." He said. "I've already got one pouch strapped to me here and it looks like there's two more, so you guys can pick who gets 'em." He added while he set out the remaining pouches.

Lecuaro then pulled a scabbard-shaped thing out of the bag. The object had a high gloss thanks to the very fine crystalline power with which it was covered. Lecuaro then summoned a fireball in his hand and held it close to the scabbard. The powder began to bubble as if it were going to explode.

"This is a fire stick. You just throw it down on the ground, stand a bit ways back, and toss a small fireball at it. The powder ignites immediately in a huge burst of flame, which in turn sets off the material this stick is made of which keeps a big ball of flame burning for up to a few minutes. These are great for covering escapes and for an alternative fire source so mages can save their magicka. Little fireballs are much cheaper than big ones."

Lecuaro then proceeded to rub the stick on his arm and then he smacked it a few times. "This stuff is quite stable as long as it's not near fire. It won't flake off either, so you won't risk turning yourself or any of your stuff into torches. There's quite a few in here, so everyone grab a couple." He finished.

Caius Cosades, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse

The Spymaster shook his head at the fire sticks, "Never been one for magic. I'll take one of the stun bead bags, instead." He picked up a pouch and fastened it to his belt. Finally, he donned his helm, buckling the chin strap and wiggling it a little to make sure the fit was right. Slinging his pack over his shoulders, he began moving towards the safehouse door.

Caius cast the group a sly grin, a sparkle illuminating his stormy eyes, "Alright kiddies, are you ready for some action?"

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse

Adrynn picked up the fire stick and looked at it in the light. It was a curious thing, but one he figured could be useful, so he slid a couple into his belt. He pulled his hood up over his face and grabbed his shield. He glanced back to Lecuaro and the others, his eyes shining from the shadows of his hood.

"We have work to do. So let's not waste any more time than we need to," the Redoran said before following Caius out the door.

He clenched his left hand into a fist, squeezing the brand Azura had placed there. Azura guide us.

Kriak stood, shakily at first but then with more stability. His head had ceased its swimming and he could focus more clearly now. After the last time he felt so strange in transit he made sure to examine his entire body as throughly as possible to make sure there were no puncture marks from fangs he was not about to let porphyric hemophelia get the best of him just because he was careless. Fortunately he didn't need to waste any of his herbs and potions to cure some nuisance of a disease. He examined the cave carefully, it was indeed the Great Maw but it felt different somehow, cooler, more forboding, emptier. This was the effect the cave was supposed to have on outsiders not its denizens. But Kriak was satisfied that he would reveal his position to noone so he warmed himself with an ethereal fire that enveloped his body, drying his raiment and skin.

Newly refreshed Kriak had a hint of insight. He withdrew from his satchel a rare ingredient from Tamriel - void salts. He scattered them before him and then quickly blasted them with a fire ball. The magicka of his spell seeped into the salts unleashing their own magical energies, innertwined with his own. Jagged crimson lightning exploded throughout the cave, illuminating everything its booms echoing throuhout its immense depths. The pools were particularly assaulted as the lightning arced towards the unsuspecting cave fish and electrocuted them. Kriak's fire spell was one of his mentor and friend, Maim-Claw's designs. The fireball seeked out any 'living' creature wether truelly alive or undead, when combined witht the void salts the lightning carried this potent effect and the fish payed for it. As did another unsuspecting victim. Kriak heard a slight splash as he turned he saw an unconscious form surface in one of the pools. Kriak dashed to the body, using the shadows like stepping stones he crossed the pool in moments. Kriak grasped the figure by the back of their neck and drug them to the floor of the cave away from the pool. He could tell they were still breathing.

The assassin awoke, a knife at his throat and the most menacing fireball, of sickly black and blue, he had ever seen directly in front of his face. "Would you like to explain how I came to be here." Kriak's voice was not suave or indifferent as it normally was, it was laden with hate and fuming with malice, no amount of discipline could hold back his rage and agitation now, it was all he could do to keep from blasting his foe into nothingness.

"I-I-I don't know!" The assassin stammered.

"You lie!" Kriak hissed, he pressed his dagger firmly into the assailant's throat until a single pearl of blood beaded on the edge of his blade.

"I'm telling you I do-" Kriak stopped him short by bringing his off-handclose enough to the assassin's face to singe his eyebrows. "Ok ok! I ambushed you when you were shadow walking and I took you with me to this place but-but something went wrong. You-you struggled somehow, I couldn't kill you, you were aware of me somehow and I landed in the one pool and you in the other. I sat holding my breath waiting for you to slip up and then...Everything was gone." The assassin broke far easier than his exterior would have suggested.

"How?" Kriak demanded.

"How what?"

"Don't play stupid with me you imbecile! How did you ambush me?!" Kriak roared. The assassin quivered again in awe of this strange being who he had vastly underestimated and began to explain how things had changed...