Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Faeryn Sethandas, Fort Floodgate, Nenalaamo's Office

Faeryn nodded in agreement with Nenalaamo's statement. Despite the differences between himself and those under Berel Sala's command, to most everyone, he was just another Ordinator...plain and simple. There was no differentiation between those who took pride in the wearing of Indoril colors and those who abused the privilege.

"Very well," he said finally, "What would you suggest that I do? I am not opposed to working alone, so if you would like me to take a more subtle and perhaps...independent...approach, it would be no hardship at all for me to do so. At least, until your commander or Velanya returns."

Velanya Therys, To the Urshilaku Camp

"Right then. Let's search them. In almost every one of these incidences, one or more of the attackers bears an amulet of some sort," Velanya scanned the fallen warriors, "If we can find one, it should tell us more about which tribe they're allied with. Let's also pay close attention to our heavy fellow over there," she pointed at the steel-clad mercenary, "because he's the odd one out. I'd like to know where these mercs are coming from."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kriak, The Great Maw

Kriak was disgusted with the spineless ingrate whose life he held in his hand. The assassin had broken quite easily to Kriak's intimidation it was a sign of how far the once noble and respected Creed had fallen. When Kriak was a part of the venerable fraternity there had been no need for the ability to snag someone while shadow walking. Only Creed members and the Infernal Guard were even capable of this feat and the two had always worked in tandem. But when the new order was ushered in Kriak and many of his contemporaries left the Creed rather than be a part of its new politics. The Creed wanted to hunt down Kriak and the other dissenters adn so developed techniques to intercept someone while they were in transit while shadow walking. Many of Kriak's old comrades had fallen victim to this because they had no idea how to defend against it and were not as in tune with their surroundings and so did not percieve something was amiss while they were in transit. Additionally the Creed had even made an attempt on the King of Saros's life! This quickly put te Infernal Guard and the Creed at odds. The age-old allies were now blood-enemies and a kind of civil war was taking place in the shadows of Kriak's realm. The news troubled Kriak indeed but the fct that he had been underestimated so greviously gave him hope.

But Kriak could not abandon his current companions-at-arms, they were counting on him, and more and more, he cam to realize, they needed him. Their foe was far too great for any one of them to defeat and each of them was necessary to win the battle. His resolve to return to his realm after this was all over was galvanized further now though. He could not lurk in hiding waiting for some great weapon to be discovered that he might use against the perversion of the Creed, he must take an active roll. But for now he had to return to his companions and aid them in the great battle at Kogoruhn, for now he would just have to handle any Creed assassins that might try to interfere, it added a new challenge but it was vital that he press on and assist his new friends in the battle for their realm.

"Interesting." Kriak muttered to the assassin.

"Yes, now will you let me go?" The worm groveled.

"Never, you truly think I would have mercy on someone who betrayed his own family? You don't deserve to exist." Kriak spat contemptuosly in the assassin's face.

The assassin squirmed beneath Kriak's dagger as Kriaks hand forced the fireball into his face...

Kriak found himself, dazed and slighty dizzy in the midst of the ashlands near a tree. He had attempted to move directly to Adrynn's shadow, which was, even udner normal circumstances, a little tricky even without using such a costly spell. At least he was in the general area, in the distance he could see a small group of individuals walking purposefully over the dunes...

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - To The Urshilaku Camp

Serra nodded at Velanya's comment on focusing on on the heavily-armored mercenary.

"We'll save him for last. Let's have a look at these other four." She said as she moved to help Velanya search the bodies.

Serra tore the cuirass off of the bowman she'd shot and immediately found an amulet around his neck. She ripped it off and studied it for a moment. It didn't appear Urshilaku to her, but it was certainly Ashlander...maybe Zainab.

"Well here's an amulet. Doesn't look Urshilaku though...looks more Zainab than anything." Serra said.

==========================================================================================================================================

Nenalaamo - Fort Floodgate, Nenalaamo's Office

Nenalaamo sat thoughtfully for a moment. "Well I'm assuming that you do not want to remove your armor...but I'm supposing you have a good bit of experience with dealing with monsters and possibly a few of these crazed Ashlanders at Ghostgate. You'd likely be a good consult on strategies for dealing with these blokes."

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Caius Cosades, Ashlands, to Kogoruhn

Caius was more than a little relieved to see Edward, especially after the morning's events. He hoped that the warrior would join up with them...the larger their party, the greater their chances of survival.

Suddenly, the Spymaster glimpsed another shadowy shape moving towards them. He took Adrynn gently by the arm and pointed, "Look. There's Kriak, as well."

Velanya Therys, Ashlands, to the Urshilaku Camp

The legionnaire checked the other Ashlanders' bodies, but found nothing of significance. She turned to the scout, "Zainab, you say? Out of all the tribes, I would have thought the Zainab to be the least supportive of such a risky rebellion. Does the amulet have any writing on it? A phrase or something, like the ones we found earlier?"

The Ordinator frowned, "Experience is, often, a valuable weapon. And I have battled my share of Ashlander outcasts during my time on Vvardenfell. But this," he gestured to the letter, "this is unbelievable. It took every persuasive avenue in my arsenal to convince the leaders of Ghostgate of the seriousness of this situation. It is a bad time for Ghostgate to need soldiers...over half of our men have retired, thinking the mountain stable enough after Dagoth Ur's defeat. Now, we're faced with an Ashlander rebellion with the power to sweep the island? It will take more than what we have to defend the fortress if the enemy decides to seize the Foyada Mamaea."

Faeryn suddenly leaned forward, "Nenalaamo, the Archcanon will need to know of this situation as soon as possible. If you like, I can be your liaison between the Legion and the Temple. I have connections not only to Saryoni himself, but also to Mournhold...should the need arise, I can get the men you require to hold this fort."

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - Fort Floodgate, To The Urshilaku Camp

"This thing looks too worn for me to tell anything except that it looks Zainab." Serra said as she fingered the scraped markings on the amulet. "Hmm...wait. I think I can make out this one word. Indoranyon."

Serra's expression turned slightly ashen as she read the word. "Indoranyon...that's another of the ancient Dunmer strongolds. Over on the Azura's Coast I think. Why would this reference it though?"

==========================================================================================================================================

Nenalaamo was slightly taken aback by Sethandas's willingness to be a daysman between him and the Tribunal Temple. He had an iffy feeling about attempting to cooperate with Temple officials, not only locally on Vvardenfell but also externally on mainland Morrowind...in Mournhold itself, even. Still, he figured it had to offer better chances than trying to tough it out alone. What was that old saying? United we stand, but divided we fall?

Nenalaamo swallowed hard before responding. "It will be a shaky relationship if it even forms in the first place...but I believe it's our best shot at winning this conflict. Hell, with all the craziness the last few days have brought, I wouldn't be surprised if this Ashlander situation's just part of something larger."

Nenalaamo extended his hand to shake the Ordinator's. "I accept the offer. Our enemies are likely banking on us fighting amongst ourselves just as much as against them. If we work together, it'll throw 'em off balance."

Velanya Therys, Ashlands, to the Urshilaku Camp

Velanya's mouth dropped open, "By the gods..."

No. That can't be possible. It just can't. She swallowed hard, not wanting to meet the scout's eyes. If this was true, then they were already outmatched.

"The propylon chambers."

Faeryn clasped the legionnaire's hand firmly, meeting the Altmer's eyes, "I do not make promises lightly, so think on that as I tell you this: I swear that I will do everything in my power to keep this crisis from escalating."

The Ordinator then rose, donning his scarf and helm, "Now. I have business to attend to elsewhere. I must inform the Archcanon of the situation and send word to Mournhold. I will return as soon as I am able, and we can go from there. If you will excuse me."

With that, Faeryn raised his hands and vanished in a shower of violet sparks.

Kriak staggered over to the band headed towards Kogoruhn, as he neared the group he said with more than a hint of bitterness, "Well that could have gone better."

Kriak finally regained his balance after downing a potion which restored his drained magical and physcal faculties. "I see we've added a few more to our little party, we're beginning to actually look like a proper raiding party now, albeit a heavily outnumbered one." As Kriak spoke he noticed something on a dune just beyond his companions, a lone ashlander appeared breifly and then disappeared. He quickly drew his blade when he finished his sentence. He murmured in a hushed town, "As quick and as silently as you can, ready yourselves. I believe a scout has just found us and I'd imagine he has friends."

Kriak's statement was prophetic as not long after he had made the recommendation to his comrades nearly three dozen ashlanders came yelling over the dunes towards the motley band. Three shamen were towards the rear in opulent armor and robes, they looked more like battlemages than tribal witchdoctors. Another ten warriors wore gleaming steel armor and brandished immense greatswords and battle axes. This just got interesting. Kriak thought as the small army charged.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - To Kogoruhn

Upon Kriak's warning and the sudden rush of the small ramshackle horde, Lecuaro unsheathed his ebony katana and launched an electric blast with his off hand. The spark caught two of the steel-garbed warriors and took them to the ground. Their bodies convulsed violently, their metal armor only helping the electricity to fry them. Lecuaro then saw a fireball from one of the shamans whizzing at Adrynn, who was too busy dealing with one of the enemies. He let loose a bolt of frost at the ball of flame and the two luckily cancelled each other out. Cheriana had instinctively taken a couple of shots at one of the shamans, but they appeared to be protected by some sort of magical shield.

Lecuaro cast a worried look at Edward, who was somewhat alert and had obviously seen the attack. "Look alive, Edward!" He yelled.

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - To The Urshilaku Camp

"The propylon chambers." Serra's eyes widened at Velanya's mention of them. That had to be it; it was so obvious. Why not use the propylon chambers to travel between fortresses instantaneously?

Serra tucked the amulet inside of her cuirass. "So they're using the propylon chambers...but where the hell did they get the indexes?"

Nenalaamo sighed heavily after Faeryn disappeared. He dismissed Erondil and his Orcish friend, put a "Do not disturb." sign on the door, and locked it to give himself some time to think. He didn't know how Lecuaro would react to the news, but he had a feeling that it wasn't going to be a terribly good reaction. He himself could scarcely believe what was happening. An alliance between the Imperial Legion........and the Tribunal Temple. First time for everything I suppose.

Adrynn Indarys, Ashlands

At Kriak's warning, Adrynn unsheathed his Daedric Katana and flew into the fray, taking on the first poor soul to come close enough. The Ashlander swung his battleaxe with all his might but overthrew his mark, missing Adrynn completely while the Redoran drove the katana through the back of the steel helm, the metal failing under the strength of the Daedric blade. Adrynn spun away from the body and pressed on, his blade cutting down those foolish enough to get close. The Ashlanders fell away from Adrynn's furious onslaught, quickly learning that those who went against the one in Redoran armor died quickly. Adrynn held his shield at the ready and backed up a few steps to come level with Kriak, who just finished off an Ashlander with his dagger.

"Kriak! Kill the shamans! I can't reach them from here!" Adrynn said above the noise of steel clashing and the shouts of the dying. With that, Adrynn threw himself back into the battle, trying to cut his way to the shamans, but the Ashlanders bunched up in a shield wall and pushed him back. He dropped his shield, readied a spell, let it charge, then let it fly, blasting aside those who couldn't get out of the way quick enough. Adrynn quickly glanced to Edward, who just stood there.

"EDWARD! Get MOVING!" Adrynn yelled, his deep Dunmeri voice carrying over the sounds of the battle. He turned just in time to see a greatsword swing at his head and with no time to move . . .

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Ashlands, To Kogoruhn

After eliminating another Ashlander axeman with his sword, Lecuaro happened to glace over Adrynn's way. He saw as the Redoran was spinning back around, one of the steel-clad enemies was swinging a rather large sword at him. Thinking quickly, he took up a rock and chucked it at the blade. The rock caught the sword just as Adrynn turned enough to see it and the swordsman staggered to the left, having been thrown off balace. A second later, an arrow appeared in the back of the mercenary's neck. Lecuaro looked behind him to find Cheriana nocking another arrow.