Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - Outside Fort Floodgate

Serra saw Velanya dash off to greet her Temple compatriot. It slightly startled the approaching guards, but Serra's voice calmed them. The lead soldier recognized the scout, and gave the "all clear" signal back to the tower archers.

"Back now, eh Serra? And who's this you've got with you?" The lead asked.

"This is what's left of the Urshilaku Ashlander tribe, sir. All of their warriors and supplies are gone...me and Velanya over there managed to convince them to come back with us to the fort." Serra answered.

"Hmm...well they don't look too dangerous." The lead said.

"Not so fast. What if they're spies? Tricking Serra and us too?" One of the other men asked.

"Preposterous. You're gonna stand here and refuse a throng of malnourished women, children, and old men?" The lead barked.

"You can't be too careful, sir." The man insisted.

"Shut your damn mouth, fool. These people aren't looking to hurt anybody. They need help."

Surprisingly, this statement came from Serra. Both the Ashlanders and the legionnaires alike were slightly taken aback by the usually quiet and shy scout's assertive statement. The protesting soldier clammed up immediately and dared not speak again.

"Now then," The sentry leader began, "You all and Velanya an' 'er friend can come inside when you're ready."

Serra nodded and called to Velanya. "Hey Velanya, you and your friend c'mon over!"

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate Environs

Faeryn saw her coming and ran to meet her. In seconds, they collided, grunting with the force of impact. It must have been a strange sight, seeing a Temple soldier and an Imperial legionnaire embracing each other as friends. But Velanya didn't care.

"It's been too long," she said, clapping him firmly on the back.

"That it has, Velanya," Faeryn replied, hugging her fiercely.

She took him by the shoulders and pushed him back, "Gods, I'm glad you're here. You got my letter, I see. Have you spoken with Nenalaamo? What about -"

"All in good time," he interrupted, putting a gloved finger to her open mouth, "I have spoken with Nenalaamo, and I've done some errands to help your Fort as well. We can go to his office together, and you'll get all the details there."

Then, she heard Serra call them over. Velanya tugged on Faeryn's arm, "Alright then, come on. Let's get inside. I've got quite a bit to tell you, too."

She called to the scout, "Serra! I've got someone I want you to meet!" As they neared the group of Ashlanders, she gestured to her friend, "Serra, this is Faeryn Sethandas. He's a Tribunal Temple Ordinator...but I suppose you guessed that already. Faeryn, this is Serrabinashiah Masseribalit, a scout of the Urshilaku. She and I have just returned from...well...rescuing her people. Or, what's left of them."

Faeryn looked over the remnants of the tribe. It was a sad sight. They were all dangerously emaciated. Most of them were women and children, with a just a scattering of old men. He unbuckled his chin strap and removed his helm as a sign of peace. Tucking it under his arm, he extended his free hand to Serra, "A pleasure to meet you, though I wish it were under better circumstances."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Velanya Therys, Outside Fort Floodgate

The legionnaire moved to Nibani, who had sat down on the ground to rest her legs. Velanya set the wise woman's bundle of skins beside her.

"Serra, Faeryn and I are going to speak with Nenalaamo. We need to figure out how we're going to house you all. Until then, you can stay in the courtyard. No one is going to bother you." The last statement she directed at Sul-Matuul, who remained silent. His pride was taking a great hit, and it showed upon his face.

"You two," Velanya pointed at the sentries, "Keep the other soldiers away from them...these people aren't zoo animals to be gawked at. They've been tortured enough in the past few months. If I get ANY word of harassment, the soldiers in question will be sent straight to Blackrose Prison. And not for guard duty. Is that clear?"

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - Outside Fort Floodgate

The sentry leader nodded at Velanya's orders. "No worries, ma'am. I'll keep these men under control. Hey, you up there! Androen! Open up the gate!"

Serra helped Nibani to her feet as Velanya and Faeryn entered the fort. "Hopefully, we'll find quarters for you here...or possibly move you to Ald-ruhn after you all rest up and get some nourishment again."

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

"Good," she replied to the sentry.

Turning to Faeryn and Serra, she added, "Let's find Nenalaamo. Something tells me he's not going to take this well."

She led them through the Fort, finding her way to the Altmer's office quite well for a newcomer. Faeryn followed in silence, presumably deep in thought. Then again, he wasn't much of a talker even when he wasn't deep in thought.

When they finally came upon Nenalaamo's office door, it was shut and locked. Velanya tentatively rapped on its oak surface, "Commander Nenalaamo?"

Nenalaamo - Fort Floodgate, Nenalaamo's Office

Nenalaamo looked up from the dossier on his desk at the door. "Surely he can't be back this soon..." he thought as he got up and opened the door.

When he saw Serra and Velanya with Faeryn beyond, he felt a mixed sense of relief and worry.

"Serra...Sera Therys...and that's Faeryn behind you I presume?" He asked.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Nenalaamo's Office

Velanya saluted her superior, while Faeryn replied, "It is indeed, Serjo. We have much to discuss."

"That we do," Velanya said, "Perhaps it would be best for Serra to start."

Nenalaamo - Fort Floodgate, Nenalaamo's Office

"Well come on in and have a seat." Nenalaamo said as he shut the door behind the other three before returning to his desk.

He closed the ledger and stowed it in a drawer and then leaned forward on the desk.

"All right then...Serra, go ahead." He said.

Serra swallowed hard. "Sir, Velanya and I journeyed to the Urshilaku camp to assess the situation there...and what we found was depressing. The camp had degraded into just a small ramshackle collection of old huts. All of the warriors were gone except for the Ashkhan, Sul-Matuul. There were just women, children, old men, and the wise woman, Nibani Maesa."

Serra paused and looked at Velanya. "Before I continue, you might want to tell him about this 'Blackwood Company' mercenary we encountered., Velanya." She said.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Nenalaamo's Office

The legionnaire pulled up a seat, and Faeryn did the same. The latter laid his helm and gauntlets in his lap, watching Serra, Nenalaamo, and Velanya intently. It was impossible to know what he was thinking, but Velanya knew him well enough to be sure of its importance.

She nodded to Nenalaamo, "Serra and I were attacked on the way to the camp. More Ashlander crazies, plus a steel-clad mercenary. He was Blackwood Company...a group I'm sure you've heard of. Not exactly the most reputable bunch of brutes. You can be sure of one thing though...if they're allied with our foes, they're being paid serious money. I'd like to know where that money is coming from.

"We also found an amulet that bore the name 'Indoranyon.' It's a stronghold right on the edge of the Grazelands and Azura's Coast. I don't know if this is true or not, but it looks like these mercs - and maybe the Ashlanders, too - are hopping around the island using the Propylon Chambers in the old Dunmer holds. If that's so, we are seriously outmatched."