Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Wildeve woke up, he wished someone had left him some food as he was hungry again. "Damn" he thought "I'll just have to get some myself". He wondered how long he had slept for as he retraced his steps back to the eating-room. He looked for Adrynn's wife, Garlica or something...he was bad with names anyway and decided not to call out lest he offend her.

Edward wandered into a pantry and stared quizzically at all the foreign food. "Why does everything in this damn place look so uneatable".

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Blades Safehouse

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lecuaro left Adrynn to pay his respects to the dead Dunmer and reentered the blades safehouse. As he emerged from the tunnel, he bumped into Broldimir, one of the battlemages that had accompanied him down here.

"Ah, sir! I've been looking for you." Broldimir said as he produced the pouch of pellets from his inner robe pocket. "Here you are. A present from the requisitions officer in Ebonheart."

"Thank you, Broldimir." Lecuaro said, taking the pouch.

As the mage left to attend to other tasks, Lecuaro heard a familiar voice call out from his left. He turned to see Sorinyarie waving at him from behind some crates.

Lecuaro made his way to the chief battlemage and glanced over the many articles of clothing and accessories that glowed of enchantments. "Sir, Marthir was able to repair your tool." Sorinyarie said as he looked up at her.

"Ah, marvelous. Thank you, Sorinyarie." Lecuaro said. He then left and went over to where some weapons were being packaged.

As he watched the two burly Orcish men wrap and box large axes and swords, he felt a tap on his left shoulder. He turned around to behold the third mage, Enmirc Dugave, standing in front of him.

"I got the goods, sir. Shall I take them to the meeting room?" Enmirc queried.

"Yes. Leave them in the meeting room and then go attend to your other duties." Lecuaro answered.

Enmirc gave a little nod as he turned and headed for the meeting room. Lecuaro returned to Fort Floodgate via the secret passage and massed a squad of soldiers to assist in piling and burning the Ashlander bodies. Within the hour, they all came around the fort to where the corpses and Adrynn were situated.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Outside Fort Floodgate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lecuaro approached the grieving Adrynn with a moderate speed and careful steps, knowing the repercussions that could befall one who disturbs an upset Dunmer during his prayers. He knelt down beside his huddled frame and waited patiently for the Redoran to finish reciting his prayer to Almalexia, who although was indeed physically dead, likely retained some spiritual powers. While he waited, Lecuaro surveyed some of the deceased Ashlanders. He examined the body of a young, strapping boy clad in a yellowish-white chitin splotched with Ashlands dirt and coagulated blood. He saw te crude-looking axe that lay on the ground still tightly clenched in his left hand. There was no helm, and the middle-aged Breton could clearly see the picture of pain and suffering that was his face. He saw where blood had gushed from his mouth and caked on his chin and neck. The lad's eyes were fiercely squinted, indicating the great pain that shot through him mere seconds before death arrived, most likely via trampling judging by the large cracks and breaks in the armor and the gelatinous state of some parts of the body. An arrow protruded from the chest area, now glued to the skin and chitin by dried blood. The tragic scene nearly brought the grizzled Legion soldier to tears. He despised killing even though there were some people that certainly didn't deserve life.

As Lecuaro's eyes floated back over to Adrynn, his lips stilled and his voice ceased. He let out a heavy sigh as he opened his eyes. A single tear dripped from his crimson eyes onto the ground. Lecuaro rose along with him. Adrynn then cast a glance at Lecuaro, telling him that he knew he was there from the start, but was genuinely surprised that he had waited until he was done, unlike every other Imperial agent that he'd met before. They had always interrupted his prayers and meditations, not caring a thing for his customs.

"I have the men. Just let me know when you are ready." Lecuaro said gently.

He then walked back over to his men and stared daggers through them. "You men will stand here and patiently wait for the Redoran to finish paying his respects. You will not grumble. You will not complain. You will neither insult this man nor his actions. You do not have to like his traditions, but you damn well better respect them!"

Lecuaro looked over the group of big, strong men. They stood speechless and motionless. Not so much as a faint clink from a soldier shifting his feet could be heard. They were awed by his stern, authoritative voice.

"Am I clear?" The Breton bellowed.

"Yes, sir!" The soldiers chorused.

"Good." Lecuaro then turned to face Adrynn, who although standing, was muttering another prayer.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Adrynn Indarys, Outside Fort Floodgate

Adrynn glanced over to the squad and back to the scattered and broken Ashlander bodies. He sighed sadly, wishing that he could have been here to stop the battle before it had ever started. He hated that the Ashlanders were still so xenophobic, even after all that the Nerevarine had done for them in his time in Morrowind. Glancing over the bodies once again, Adrynn made his way to where Lecuaro and his men stood.

"Listen, and listen well, men of the Imperial Legion. I am Adrynn, born into the Great House Redoran. I have faithfully served them for over 50 years now. In my many years, I have come across many Ashlanders, some friendly, but others hostile. Those who I've come to know over the years and who have become my friends I can say this: They are a proud and resilient people. They have lived in the Wastes of Morrowind for many many centuries, as the waxing and waining of the Great Houses pushed them deeper and further from their traditional homes. As such, they are usually hostile to anyone who comes within their territories. But know this: they are not to be stomped or trampled on like they are nothing. They are the heritage of my people and I will not tolerate any remarks or actions that demean them," Adrynn said, his eyes flashing in anger for a second, showing the men just a taste of what would happen if they dared to disrespect the Ashlander's remains.

He walked over to where the fallen Ashkhan lay, before turning back to the Legionnaires. "Now, Legionnaires, stack the bodies around this Ashkhan, their heads facing his body and their hands crossed over their hearts.

The legionnaires labored into the late hours of the next morning, stacking the bodies in the correct fashion around the deceased Ashkhan. Their faces exhibited tiredness and annoyance, but they dared not cross neither Lecuaro or Adrynn. They knew what Lecuaro's disciplinary actions were like, and they had a feeling that Adrynn's wouldn't be any better. Lecuaro himself assisted in the stacking of the bodies for a time, but then stole away to where Adrynn stood, looking mournfully at the mound of corpses. He cleared his throat and took a few seconds to organize the sentences in his head.

"You know, you looked shocked when you finished the prayer to Almalexia earlier. Shocked that I had patiently waited for you to finish before speaking."

Adrynn Indarys, Outside Fort Floodgate

Adrynn glanced over at Lecuaro and waited until he finished speaking his mind. He rested his chin in his hand and carefully arranged what his next sentence would be. "Indeed I was, Lecuaro. I'm not used to outlanders respecting what is part of my culture. Usually they try to "Imperialize" whatever is Dunmer. Like those of House Hlaalu. They are the future of the Dunmeri people . . . Alas, House Redoran is falling behind in the pace of things." Adrynn's face showed for a brief second his sadness at that realization.

"But, no matter. It is time," Adrynn said, stepping up to the circle of bodies, his eyes starting to glow with power. "Stand aside, Legionnaires! This will get very hot very fast."

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Outside Fort Floodgate

Lecuaro stood back as a large blast of fire left Adrynn's hands and ignited the pile of bodies. The Dunmer then leapt from the top of the pile and backed away. The two officers and the legionnaires stood in the warm Ashlands evening air for several hours, observing the flames as they did their work. Late into the night, Lecuaro walked over beside Adrynn, who was quietly saying another prayer.

The Breton awaited the prayer's conclusion before opening his mouth. He spent the time organizing and arranging the thoughts in his head. After a couple minutes, Adrynn closed the prayer and immediately opened his eyes toward Lecuaro, expecting words. Lecuaro looked him right in the eyes and asked a pointed question.

"Adrynn, I imagine that you firmly believe that some people in this world do not deserve life, but how do you separate them from the rest?" He asked.

Lecuaro didn't even bother trying the mask the query's purpose. The Redoran didn't have to be a university scholar to be able to see that his personality was being studied.

Adrynn Indarys, Outside of Fort Floodgate

Adrynn was slightly taken aback by Lecuaro's direct question, but smiled a bit. "You would be correct in that belief, Lecuaro. There are some in this world who deserve to die. But how do I pick them out? Heh. Usually they pick me out and then I have to deal with them then and there." Adrynn glanced over at the ashes of the bodies of the Ashlanders, returning to what they once were. "I've never had to be in a situation where I was questioning myself whether the person I was facing needed to die or not. Usually I know instinctively whether their life belongs to me."

Adrynn glanced again at the dying ashes of what once was the bodies of the Ashlanders. "Lecuaro, I believe our work here tonight is done. I ask for your hospitality, as I am drained, both emotionally and physically from this. It is too far a walk for me to return to my stronghold, and I do not have enough energy to Recall there."

Kriak, Outside Fort Floodgate

Kriak had followed the tracks through the night. First he saw a large Redoran stronghold, it looked impressive but was rather uninteresting. Until he saw one of the pairs of tracks trail from the stronghold in a new direction, he had recognized the bonemold bootprints from the earlier tracks and knew it was one of the same people he had seen before. Gathering that a man leaving from Ald-Ruhn and visiting a sprawling stronghold in full bonemold armor is likely an important man Kriak had opted to leave the stronghold and follow this man's tracks further.

Just when the stronghold was out of view Kriak had espied a Cliff Racer overhead. He had taken his opportunity. The beast plummeted with its otherworldly shriek from the first arrow through its chest cavity. Kriak had quickly field-dressed the corpse and took everything useful he could manage with him as he found the trail of tracks once more...

Kriak saw a large, albeit battered, Imperial fortress up ahead in the night gloom, near it blazed a roaring fire and the smell it gave off told him it was a funeral pire. He stole up near a tree and observed hiding in the shadows...

The Redoran he had tracked was indeed important for he spoke with a Breton in a commander's garb somewhat near the fire but seperate from the other men present. Kriak deemed it worth is interest to speak with these men and silently crept past some of the legionares, most of whom were tired and sweaty from the battle of the previous day and the 'funeral arrangements' and had let their guard down enough to make it easy for the hunter to slip past with his skill. Kriak was only a score of feet away from the two men now. The others wouldn't have time to charge him before he could introduce himself and declare his non-hostile intentions. He let his footsteps gradually become louder and his walk more regular until he was quite noticable to the two men of import before him. "Greatings seras." He said with cordiality.