Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

She nodded to Kriak, "Alright, I'll pass the info along. Now, I've got a commander-to-be to find. I'll be back shortly to take care of those Blades."

Making her way down the battlements, she found Faeryn kneeling with a wounded soldier, "Faeryn, I need you to make sure that Nenalaamo's body doesn't end up on those pyres. He deserves more ceremony than that."

The Ordinator nodded wordlessly, still waiting for the healer to get ready to pull the arrow out of the poor man's body.

As Velanya turned to search for Nenalaamo's "third-in-command," she saw that the Ashlanders were working side-by-side with the legionnaires to aid the wounded...and no one was fighting, protesting, or arguing. A smile spread across her face. Perhaps this would help ease tensions in the relationship between the two groups.

Caius Cosades, Kogoruhn Outskirts

"Well then," Caius replied, "Go ahead. Tell us what you know. Because every avenue I see spells 'death.'"

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrynn Indarys, Outside Kogoruhn

Adrynn smiled as the plan formulated itself in his mind. He glanced to Lecuaro and Caius. "I'm going to challenge the False Nerevarine to single combat."

Garila Indarys, Bal Isra, Indarys Manor

Garila leaned back, resting her head against the tall back of the chair she sat in, her eyes weary from reading. She unconsciously ran her fingertips over the leather bound front of the book in her lap. It was Adrynn's copy of "Hope of the Redoran". It told of the trials of Aythn Sarethi against his cousin as he fought to claim is title as a Counselor of House Redoran. Garila shook her head. She hadn't been reading it anyways. Only glancing it over to appear like she was doing something. She was worried. Adrynn hadn't contacted her yet, and he had been gone for days now. A frown crossed her face. What duties did Athyn give him that were so secret? Garila stood up, dropping the book onto the table as she made her way out of her and Adrynn's room, through the dining hall, up the stairwell, across the main hall, and out the door into the main courtyard. She let her eyes adjust to the light before moving toward the tallest of the guardtowers. She opened the door, and glanced at the armored Redoran sitting at his desk.

"Arvs! Grab your gear, we're going to Fort Floodgate."

Trilvan Salothril - Fort Floodgate

Trilvan watched intently as Hebiert's blood slowly kept clotting around the arrow shaft. Eventually, it appeared to have hardened enough and Trilvan took the shaft in his left hand.

"Okay, Ordinator. When the arrowhead clears his stomach, press his cloth against the wound. There's still going to be some blood." Trilvan said as he handed Faeryn a rag.

"Get ready, son. This is going to hurt." Trilvan told Hebiert. Hebiert tensed as the healer then extracted the arrow.

==========================================================================================================================================================================

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Kogoruhn Outskirts

Lecuaro was a bit surprised at Adrynn's intent to challenge the false Nerevarine to single combat. They needed to get inside the ruin undetected and discover the real size of the force, not to mention what dark magics and gear with which the force was equipped. Drawing attention to themselves right from the start seemed counterproductive. -- anathema, even.

"And just how is that going to get us inside the ruin for covert recon?" Lecuaro asked Adrynn.

She found Meraxtus near the ruined gatehouse, leaning heavily on the walls. He didn't appear to be wounded, but it was obvious he was exhausted.

"Meraxtus Messania?" she asked.

Faeryn Sethandas, Fort Floodgate

Once the arrow was clear, he pressed the cloth tightly to the soldier's wound. Herbiert nearly broke his fingers as he cried out in pain, but that could be forgiven, considering the circumstances.

"What now, healer? Do we move him?"

"He distracts them while we slip in unnoticed," the Spymaster supplied.

It was one hell of a tricky plan. Most likely, they wouldn't be able to pull it off. But it was the only plan they had.

"And judging from the size of that man, if he is indeed our False Nerevarine, Adrynn is the only one of us who could take him single-handedly," Caius added.

Adrynn nodded. He knew the plan was risky, but it was pretty much the only one they had right now. He glanced to Lecuaro and saw the worry in the Breton's face. "Don't worry Lecuaro. I can handle myself." Adrynn smiled softly. This was going to be a challenge, but it was one he had to do. He glanced over the dune again. The excitement of the scout's arrival had died down some and everyone was going back to their duties. Adrynn scoured the ruin, seeing the archers on the roof of the main building and the mix of mages and heavy armored warriors interspersed in with the lightly armored Ashlanders around the smaller outbuildings. He nodded again. If things didn't go like he planned, then he was going to have to fight his way back through that.

Adrynn dropped down beside Lecuaro and Caius again. "Alright, I think I have an idea on how to get you four in. I'm going to sneak down by those ruined outbuildings and then walk out into the courtyard. They will be surprised at my sudden arrival and not react quick enough. Then I challenge the False Nerevarine. He'd be a fool not to answer me in front of his army. He'd appear weak and a cowardly if he sent someone else out," Adrynn said in a quiet hushed voice. "While I do that, you four go around this dune and down the back of the ruin. I saw a small camp of scouts over there. I think they might have a back entrance carved out of the stone there that they're guarding. If that's the case, sneak in and find out what you need to know. Once you do, follow the lava tubes out of Kogoruhn. You'll end up on the slopes of Red Mountain and from there can go back to the Fort." Adrynn could tell they were hanging on to his every word. He glanced between them again, his eyes hard as rubies. "If I can't kill him or get overwhelmed, I'll use a Divine Intervention Scroll and make it back to the Fort."

Adrynn paused to take a breath. "Any questions or suggestions?"

"Just keep a level head on your shoulders, son," Caius replied, "stay defensive. If you can, try and get him to talk...if we can't find any viable intelligence in there, we'll need to get it directly from the horse's mouth. And if he's as arrogant as he looks, I can bet you he won't be able to keep his trap shut."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Kogoruhn Outskirts

Lecuaro kept a queasy gaze fixed on the guards blanketing Kogoruhn's exterior. He didn't particularly like Adrynn's plan, but there wasn't time to try and come up with a better one. The last thing they needed was to lollygag and have a random patrol happen upon them.

"Right then. Looks like we'd better get this plan moving. Kriak will have to catch up with us when he can."

A pang of concern leapt into Lecuaro's chest as he finished the last sentence. He could feel a strong magical essence radiating from Kogoruhn's walls. If Kriak ever rejoined them, it would likely be impossible, or at least very difficult, to slip into one of their shadows once they were inside. He'd probably have to find his own way in.

==========================================================================================================================================

Trilvan Salothril - Fort Floodgate Courtyard

"We need to move him to the infirmary now." Trilvan said. "I apologize, but would you please carry him? I've gotten too old for it."

==========================================================================================================================================

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - Fort Floodgate Courtyard

Serra had reentered the courtyard along with the Urshilakuans. The initial shock at Nenalaamo's death had now passed, and there was nothing to counteract the deepening grief and sorrow that now pierced her heart. Sad tears freely flowed down her cheeks, and her breaths were long and heavy. She couldn't believe it; she couldn't believe he was gone.

Meraxtus Messania - Fort Floodgate Courtyard

The combined fatigue of battle and shock at Nenalaamo's quick, sudden death were still fresh on Meraxtus's face. Nenalaamo, his superior and his friend, felled by a lucky archer's arrow. The fact that his comrade had been killed was bad enough...but the sheer dumb fortune by which it transpired really bit into him. No secret, complex plot...no professional, sophisticated assassination...just a tin-suited grunt out in the field with Bravil's Lucky Old Lady pulling his bowstring. It was a grim reminder that none of them were invincible, and all it took was Fate's fickle whim to snuff their lives out. -- anytime, anywhere.

Then, Meraxtus a feminine voice call his name. He looked up and saw a female Dunmer in Legion dress approaching. He pushed himself off of the wall and straightened to attention.

"Aye, that's me, Miss. Guess I'm the new stand-in for Marczon." He said in a tired voice.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Kriak, Fort Floodgate

Kriak instructed one of the passing soldiers to take Nenalaamo's body to the main hall but keep him out of sight for now, no need to grieve the soldiers more with the sight of their fallen leader until he was in more respectable position. After that was taken care of, Kriak descended from the turret to look for Velanya. Suddenly, he had a sharp searing in his brand, it was different this time, not a burning ache of trepidation but a stab like the harsh shriek of a warning bell. He quickly closed one eye and hid one of his ears beneath his hair then sent them to Adrynn's shadow, he heard the plan that the others had prepared for the assault on Kogoruhn. They needed help. This was a complex mission and they needed every man they could get, especially one with his expertise. "Velanya, I have to go, they need help at Kogoruhn, I'll return as soon as I can. I'm hiding Nenalaamo's gem in the Blades sanctuary, reach out to him if you need to contact me, he can find me." Kriak projected his thoughts to Velanya as he quickly retracted his eye and ear and melted into the shadows to reappear in the Blades sanctuary, He dashed to Velanya's chest and hid the gem that contained Nenalaamo's conscious soul beneath a bundle of clothing. He then disappeared again...

It felt like his body was being squeezed through the smallest of cracks, his entire being cramped and ached as he felt like he was slowly pulled through a thin opening towards Kogoruhn, he thought his eyes would pop out of his skull and his eardrums would burst. Magical energies could interfere with his travel but rarely this much, it would be impossible for him to enter the ruins themselves with his normal methods but it wouldn't affect him using some of his other favorite tricks once inside. He was still just as useful, just a little less mobile. Suddenly his head felt free, then his neck, then his shoulders, the pressure was released, he felt like a cork being slowly popped out of a bottle of wine or champagne. Suddenly he hurled headlong out of the darkness and stumbled into Adrynn's Shadow.

He looked around at his companions, "Well, that was a process I hope I never have to repeat. I'll accompany Adrynn on this little diversion, if things get hairy on that end I can make the little diversion bigger and I should be able to cover Adrynn enough for him to get out of the crucible." Kriak entered into the conversation as if he had been there the whole time. Part of him had been at least. It was curious how the energies had only affected him when his whole body traveled to Kogoruhn but not his individual eye and ear. "And I have bad news from the fort, it was attacked again. And...Nenalaamo is dead."

Adrynn barely blinked as Kriak appeared out of his shadow. It was becoming a regular thing. He glanced around and noticed the apprehension in the air. This was going to be risky and there was a very large chance that this plan would fail miserably and get all of them killed. But Adrynn knew that they had no other choice.

Adrynn turned to Kriak and the others. "I'm ready whenever you are Kriak. Let me know when you're ready."

Azura please help us.

"Alright, Adrynn. May the luck of the gods be with you," the Spymaster turned to Lecuaro, "Let's get moving."

It was a shame to hear about Nenalaamo, but in times of war, these things happened. They couldn't let his demise delay them, tragic though it was.

She heard Kriak's thoughts and knew something was up at Kogoruhn. She could only pray that Adrynn and the others were all right.

Velanya returned her attention to Meraxtus, "At ease. Yes you are, soldier. And your first duties are right outside that gatehouse," she pointed, "we've got Imperial visitors - Blades, no less."

Nibani Maesa, Fort Floodgate

The Wise Woman saw Serra standing alone, seemingly lost in her own grief. Nibani approached her carefully, laying a frail hand on her shoulder.

"Please, Serra, turn your attention to the wounded," she said gently, "Your friend is no longer suffering, but there are many who still are, and they are in great need your aid. There will be time for grieving later."

Faeryn Sethandas, Fort Floodgate

"If you can lead me there, then yes," Faeryn answered the healer.

Slowly, he slid his hands under Herbiert's body, beneath his arms and his knees. Then he carefully rose straight up, trying not to jostle the wounded soldier overmuch. The strain on his back was intense, but he could bear it as long as he needed to.