Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Faeryn Sethandas, Fort Floodgate, Infirmary

"Blue powder," the Ordinator muttered, going over to the healer's alchemy bench and examining the various vials and bowls. Finally, he found a small mortar with a fine, pale blue dust in it. He scooped it up and brought it back to the table, "This it?"

Caius Cosades, Kogoruhn Interior

The Nerevarine had managed to squirm out of Caius's grip, but the Spymaster was ready. He threw four short punches directly into the Incarnate's face, the last of which sent him sprawling to the ground, unconscious. The Spymaster took a moment to catch his breath before removing his speaking stone from his pocket.

"Lecuaro," he panted into the stone, "I've got the Nerevarine blacked out down here in the corridor, near that storeroom. Get to him, tie him up, and get him out of here! I've got work to do."

He did not wait for a response, replacing the stone, drawing his katana, and making his way down the hall and around the bend. He found a dead end, with one last chamber on left side of the corridor. The door was unlocked, and as he entered, he gasped aloud at what he saw.

The Nerevarine had been living in the lap of luxury. The room was small, but decorated lavishly with silk banners bearing the Moon-and-Star symbol in black and gold. Heavy furniture was crafted of the finest wood he'd ever seen - likely imported. Statues of pure gold and silver, large and small, adorned almost every shelf.

Caius closed the door behind him, taking the dresser nearest him and dragging it in front of the door to prevent anyone from interrupting him. He then began pawing through each shelf and container, hoping that what he was looking for was here.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kraik, Kogoruhn

As Kriak and Adrynn dashed through the halls of Kogoruhn after the Nerevarine, Kriak replayed everything he could remember about the encounter, trying to dissect why the incarnate had changed so much. He replayed memory after memory in his mind trying to figure something out. Then it hit him.

The strange symbols on the innumerable amulets, the deranged look in the Nerevarine's eyes. It suddenly all made sense. The key to it all was one small symbol on the Nerevarine's armor. Embroidered on to the durable scarlet fabric around his neck had been a blazing golden sun. Mankar Cameron. Kriak's head swum. This wasn't some plot that he hadn't been aware of when he had been around for the attack on the Imperial City, this was part of it all. The Mythic Dawn was already incredibly powerful, it was a wonder that the Blades hadn't learned about them sooner. And they could suddenly control people?

"Adrynn! This way!" Kriak called to his companion as he took the lead and took a sharp turn down a corridor. He had a feeling.They came to a heavy door with all manner of gaudy excess and opulence adorning it, around the door jam feint light could be seen. "Go, find the others. I have to investigate something." Kriak said.

When he opened the door Kriak found Caius rifling through the Nerevarine's possessions in the most luxurious room he had ever seen save for the throne room of Saros itself. "Anything helpful yet? Look for a series of four books called 'Commentaries on the Mysterium Xarxes.'" As Kriak looked around suddenly he saw it and his heart stopped. There it was. Not just the commentaries but the holy book of the Mythic Dawn itself!

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Inside Kogoruhn

Caius's words managed to overtake the sound of the group's beating boots and Lecuaro motioned them to stillness as the message emanated from his speaking stone. Lecuaro's response was a mix of relief and worry. He was glad to know that Caius was alright and that he had in fact incapacitated the rebel leader. However, Caius hadn't said the false Nerevarine. He had simply said Nerevarine. With heightened urgency, Lecuaro led Cheriana and Mercando back to the storeroom. Just outside the door, the group spotted the unconscious Moon-and-Star laid out on the ground.

"Cheriana, get that spider silk rope out of your pouch. Quickly." Lecuaro ordered.

Cheriana obeyed and produced a grayish-white twine from one of her pockets. The three immediately set to work hogtying the Nerevarine with the spider silk cord. In about thirty seconds, they had him ready to move. Lecuaro hoped that they were in luck, too...he prayed that the back tunnel through which they had entered hadn't collapsed.

==========================================================================================================================================

Meraxtus Messania - Fort Floodgate Strategists' Room

The next Blade was a moderately built Orcish man with bright green skin and large, gnarled tusks. "Brolgush gro-Kornbarg. Physical combat and defense expert, and field-repair expert for weapons and armor." He said.

Next came a slight-featured Bosmer man who appeared in the middle throes of his life. He had black hair fuzzed with gray and beady brown yes. "Miranaer. Infiltration and archery expert." He said with a bow.

Next was a boyish-faced Breton woman with shortened red hair. "Lourina Jalsay. Magical combat and alchemy expert." She said.

Next was a lovely elegant-faced Dunmeri woman with long, flowing black hair and sparkling amethystine eyes. "Sirthala Rivano. Master of speechcraft and public relations." She said.

The next one was a tall, thin Altmeri man that appeared to have a lean, lanky frame underneath his Akaviri steel. His prominent green eyes had been studying Meraxtus and Velanya since their meeting outside at the gatehouse. "Onvarcelmon. Master of the Destruction and Illusion colleges of magic and adept all-around mage." He said.

Next was an Argonian man. He had a very humanoid skeleton which was rare in Morrowind, especially on Vvardenfell. "Drenjei. Physical and magical stealth expert and minimalist." He said.

The next Blade was a short Breton lad of about twenty with a lantern jaw and a prominent sloping nose. "Wheshirt Quinareat. Master of Alteration and Mysticism, and scholar on Morrowind culture." He said.

Next, a large, burly Nordic man around forty-five. His head was completely bald, and he had bright blue eyes. "Roljerad. Master-at-arms and veteran weapons trainer." He said.

Next came a gentle-faced Altmeri woman with a slim physique. Her auburn hair was done up in a twisted bun and her eyebrows were curiously furrowed at Meraxtus and Velanya. "Nalsivonwe. Veteran nightblade and accomplished spellcrafter." She said.

Next in line was a tall and muscular Redguard woman with frizzy black hair and large button nose. "Chaldrie. Master acrobat and archery expert." She said.

After her came the second Khajiit of the bunch, likewise a large and well-muscled specimen. "Ri'Kasavi. Master of infiltration and both ranged and up-close assassination."

Finally, there spoke a broad-shouldered Imperial man with short walnut hair and a large, hooked nose. "Cerrintus Molarnia. Veteran agent and orator, and master of the arts of persuasion." He said.

==========================================================================================================================================

Trilvan Salothril - Fort Floodgate Infirmary

"Ah, yes, that's it." Trilvan said as he took the bowl and cupped some of the dust in his hands.

"Okay, Serjo, same deal as with the last one. Leather tube in the mouth and give him your hand to squeeze." Trilvan said to Faeryn as he turned the Bosmer's head toward his own face. The boy was still awake, though barely.

"Okay son, you're about to feel a lot of pain, but it'll clean those wounds out and set 'em to healing. You ready?" Trilvan asked the boy. The boy nodded weakly in response.

"All right then. Just a second 'til my friend here's ready." The healer said gently.

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - Fort Floodgate Storeroom

Okair reentered the storeroom to find Serra making her own rounds in her absence. When Serra spotted her, she simply smiled.

"Thank you for staying and watching them while I was gone." Okair said gratefully.

"No problem. The least I could do." Serra replied as she embraced her sister-in-hardship. "Okay...I guess I'd better go back to helpin' 'em carry the wounded in." Serra finished as she left the room.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Strategists' Room

The Knight Errant nodded to each of them as they spoke their names. They were an impressive lot. The Fort would certainly benefit from their presence, especially considering the losses they had suffered recently.

"A pleasure and an honor, I'm sure," she said, turning to the Captain, "Ma'am? Will you be in sole control of these men, or will you be deferring authority to Commander Marczon?"

Faeryn Sethandas, Fort Floodgate Infirmary

The Ordinator gently placed the leather tubing in the Bosmer's mouth and slipped his hand into the boy's, "Ready."

The healer began applying the powder, and the elf's hand clenched tightly around Faeryn's. The Ordinator audibly grunted this time as he felt is knuckles pop painfully sideways.

Nibani Maesa, Fort Floodgate

The Wise Woman and the Ashkhan had made their way back into the Fort, and now observed as the wounded we being slowly taken from the storeroom to the infirmary for treatment. Frustrated that she couldn't be of more use, Nibani placed a frail hand on Serra's shoulder, "Please, can you lead me to where they tend the injured? I can help speed up this process, should they desire my aid."

Caius Cosades, Kogoruhn, Nerevarine's Chambers

"Ah, there you are you little beauty," the Spymaster said softly as he took Hopesfire from a triple-locked chest at the foot of the Incarnate's bed. An elaborate sheath had been forged for it, and he belted this around his own waist, opposite his Akaviri katana.

"Kriak," he added, nodding to the woodsman, "good to see you're still in one piece...'Commentaries of the Who and the What?'"

Kriak, Kogoruhn

Kriak was speechless. His jaw had dropped as he stared in horror at the Mysterium Xarxes. There it sat, on a shelf in it's white leather with the symbol of Mehrunes Dagon and Oblivion on its front cover, mocking the hunter. If it was here how had it gotten to Cyrodiil? The artifact was much more horrifying because Kriak knew that it would make it to Cyrodiil and into the hands of Mankar Cameron but he had no idea how. Suddenly Kriak snapped out of it and grabbed Caius by the shoulders, shaking him violently.

"The Nerevarine! Did he say anything to you?! Anything at all? Mankar Cameron? The Commentaries on Mysterium Xarxes? The book itself? Mehrunes Dagon?" Kriak hadn't been this close to panic in eons. "What did he say? This could effect all of us! Someone here is a traitor or someone is going to steal this damned book and deliver it into the hands of the man who will be responsible for your Emperor's murder!" Kriak was slowly regaining his composure as he jarred the bladesman, the thought of this book being here was more horrific than anything Kriak had seen in this realm. The Nerevarine could be explained, curroption, insanity, his trip to Akavir was a lie, any number of things. But this. This was too much. He couldn't explain how it got from here to the cave in Cyrodiil, something was horribly wrong.

Lecuaro finished restraining the Nerevarine by taking a rough, thick cloth from one of his pockets and wrapping it around the prisoner's mouth. After he had it secured, he took out his speaking stone.

"Alright, Caius. We've got him hogtied and ready to move. What's up over there, you find anything?" He asked.

Knowing that Caius was likely lost in whatever he was seeking, Lecuaro anticipated a healthy wait before receiving a reply.

"No," Caretus began, "I retain control over them. We're here to pick up Marczon and his Redoran friend to add to the investigation team we've been assembling. I'd hoped to have this affair pass quickly, but since the Commander's gone right now, it looks like we're in for a wait."

Caretus cast a curious look at Velanya. "So...I take it that Caius probably didn't know about my appointment here before he arrived himself?" She asked.

Caius Cosades, Kogoruhn, Nerevarine's Chambers

Caius was astonished at the panicked look that crossed Kriak's face, "All he said was that Mankar Camoran's 'Dawn is Breaking,' and he mentioned something about burning the books here. I think one of them is holding him in its thrall...he acted as if he was possessed. And now you're telling me that that one of these damned things is going to cause the murder of the Emperor? When we get back to the Fort, woodsman, we're going to have a long discussion."

Suddenly, Lecuaro's voice came from the speaking stone loud and clear. He removed it from his pocket and replied, "Oh, we found something all right. Get the Nerevarine back to the Fort and detain him for questioning. You might want to place some wards around his cell, because he's not exactly himself lately. I've got Kriak with me right now...we'll meet you back at the Floodgate."

As he replaced the stone, something caught his eye...a slip of parchment under the Nerevarine's pillow. He took it and unfolded it, and it appeared to be a simple note.

The Master is pleased with your progress. Continue your attacks on Fort Floodgate. Though they may have survived our efforts thus far, they will eventually fall like the rest of their beloved Empire. Whatever men you require shall be yours.

Ruma Camoran

His brow furrowed, and he proffered the parchment to Kriak, "What do you make of that, woodsman?"

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Strategists' Room

The Knight Errant looked sideways at Caretus, "I don't think so, Ma'am. If he did, he did not mention it."

Kriak, Kogoruhn

Kriak stared at the parchment and swore. "This is exactly as I had feared. He's a pawn of Camoran's. Bastard. I bet the Mysterium Xarxes is controlling him and that is what he wanted you to burn. We're bringing this damned book back with us to the fort and I'm going to see if I can't destroy it and rewrite history, but this is a different thing altogether. It's a daedric tome, a piece of divinity in a sense. I have no idea how to even begin trying to destroy it. When we return I'll tell you everything I can about this mess. This is no longer about saving Vvardenfell, it's about saving each other. This book turns up several years from now and if it's here now then that means either one of our number will betray us or someone will try to kill us." Kriak's jaw clenched tightly as he thought of the coming events with trepidation. Fighting the Nerevarine would be nothing compared to the coming storm...

Adrynn Indarys, Kogoruhn Interior

Adrynn and Kriak raced through Kogoruhn, chasing after the Nerevarine. Their footsteps rang out against the hard stone, echoing down the long corridors, their breath heavy on the air.

"Adrynn! This way!" Kriak called out, suddenly turning down a corridor to a lower level. Adrynn skidded to a halt, his ebony bound boots gouging grooves into the cobbled floor. He made his way down the corridor, stopping as Kriak did next to a large, gaudy door. The hunter turned toward him saying, "Go, find the others. I have to investigate something."

"Alright," Adrynn said, turning down the corridor and making his way down it, looking for Lecuaro and his companions. He rounded a corner and saw three figures in the dim light. He was about to call out when one of them spun around and shot a lightning bolt at him. Adrynn threw himself against the wall as fast as he could, the sizzling bolt of lightning flying past him.

"HOLD BLADES! It's me!" Adrynn called out, his deep voice ringing down the corridor. He peek out from the small corner to see who it was who had tried to attack him.

At the sound of approaching footsteps, Mercando instinctively wheeled around and fired a warning bolt of lightning. He saw the coming figure duck into an alcove and readied another bolt, but recognized the voice that then called for a yield.

"Adrynn! That you?" Mercando called out. The rest of the group had since taken up their combat stances.

"Hmph. Typical Caius. Well, while we're here, I don't suppose it would hurt for you to show me to the Blades chapterhouse underneath this fort. I was informed about it before I left for Vvardenfell." Caretus said.

Trilvan Salothril - Fort Floodgate Infirmary

Trilvan did the Bosmer's neck first, and then the head. He could hear both the boy and Faeryn grunt in pain from the powder and the hard squeezing, but he knew that he had to get the wounds clean and dressed. In about about a minute's time, he had sufficiently worked the blue dust into the wounds and re-bandaged them with fresh rags.

"Now then," Trilvan began as he went over to an easy-to-miss door in the side wall and opened it, "take him in there and set him down on one of the cots."