Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Caius Cosades, Inside Kogoruhn

The Spymaster's brow furrowed at Kriak, "And how do you know that thing isn't going to control you just like it did the Nerevarine? He was the strongest man I've ever known, both in mind and body. If that damned book can corrupt him, how can you be so sure it won't do the same to you?"

He shook his head, "Nevermind. We need to get back to the Fort. I'm anxious to find out what happened there."

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Strategists' Room

The Knight Errant nodded, "Yes, Captain. Follow me."

She led them from the Strategists' Room through the winding corridors of the fort. When she finally arrived in front of the sealed door, she placed her hand upon it and whispered, "Shadowhand."

The door slowly swung open, and Velanya gestured inside, "Well, there you are."

Faeryn Sethandas, Fort Floodgate, Infirmary

The Ordinator did as instructed, lifting the Bosmer once again and laying him on a cot. Wiping his brow, he made his way back to the storeroom.

There's got to be a better way to do this.

"All right," he said wearily, "who's next?"

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meraxtus Messania - Fort Floodgate: Blades Safehouse

"I don't have clearance...so I'm going to head back out and help get things organized." Meraxtus said as he turned back down the hallway.

Caretus walked in first, with the rest of the Blades and then Velanya trailing behind. The frenzied Blades personnel within gradually forgot their tasks and halted as they noticed the large entourage enter the room. After hearing the door close behind them, Caretus spoke.

"I am Captain Fulmiata Caretus, senior Blades agent. I came here seeking Commander Lecuaro Marczon, who I have been told is currently away on business. Who here stands in for him when he isn't available?" Caretus boomed.

A small, thin, wiry Imperial man stepped forward from the crowd. He had dark brown hair and wore an agent's telltale expensive attire: a thick, rich cotton shirt and pants, fine leather shoes with gold trim, and a selection of jewelry about his neck, wrists, and fingers. He sized up the Blades captain as he advanced.

"Venoden Alinus, second-in-command for Sir Marczon regarding this Blades safehouse. If I may, what's your reason for coming in here unannounced?" Venoden demanded in an authoritative tenor voice.

"Well, I hardly think much attention past what's needed is being afforded to this place what with the cleanup going on outside, and I also reckon that Marczon hasn't told you to expect me. Now then, my business is with Marczon and him alone, so I figure me and the rest of my squad will just wait here until he returns." Caretus snapped. She was never famous for her etiquette with other leaders...or fellow members in general for that matter.

Venoden's first instinct was to lash right back, but he willed his temper under control. He didn't want to spoil Caretus's mood for Lecuaro. "As you wish, ma'am. You and your friends will have full access to this facility." He said as he bowed and returned to the throng behind him.

"Okay everyone, back to work!" Venoden barked.

==========================================================================================================================================

Okairabdanat Millahashrapi - Fort Floodgate Storeroom

Okair brought Faeryn over to a large Nordic man who had gotten his legs lacerated to shreds in the fight. The deep crimson bands around them had once been cream-colored.

"Think you can get him by yourself?" Okair asked Faeryn.

==========================================================================================================================================

Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - Fort Floodgate Courtyard

Serra made a few more trips to and from the storeroom, hauling some of the smaller more lightly-armored soldiers. However, as she reentered the courtyard yet again, it occurred to her that Faeryn could really use a hand in transporting the bodies. She had been in Trilvan's infirmary before; the operating table was large enough to accommodate up to four at a time. He would need help, though...-- she thought.

At this notion, she sought out one of the few soldiers with whom she'd become real friends with since she first came to the fort. It wasn't long before she spied him and two other of his friends getting ready to take another three injured to the storeroom.

"Candrus, wait!" Serra called out.

Candrus and the other two looked up and saw Serra approaching. "'Ey, Serra. What d'ya need?" He asked.

"The Ordinator that's taking the patients back to the healer needs some help. I think you three should go give him a hand." She said.

Candrus nodded thoughtfully for a moment before agreeing. "Right. Okay, lads, let's get these three in there and then we're gonna go help that Ordinator fellow. Now c'mon!" He announced as he picked up a Nord woman with a fairly-deep cut in her right leg.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Adrynn Indarys, Kogoruhn

Adrynn's blood pounded in his ears as he heard the Blade Mage, Mercando respond to him.

"Adrynn! That you?" Mercando called out to the Redoran.

"Yes it's me! Who else would it be?!" Adrynn said in annoyance, stepping out from the alcove and into the dim light of a torch. His distinctive Gah-Julan Bonemold armor worn by House Redoran softly reflected the light. He glanced down and realized just how horrible he must look. His armor was notched and chipped, he was covered in dark sticky blood, his hair was a wild dark mess around his head and he had numerous cuts and bruises on his face and arms.

Adrynn left the light of the torch and made his way to the trio. He nodded as he recognized Lecuaro and the other blade, the archer . . . What was her name again? No matter. He glanced down as he noticed a tied and gagged figure laying against the wall. The Nerevarine! How?! He crouched down before the bound Incarnate, lifting his head to see his face better in the dim light. It was him.

"Incredible. Here I was chasing him to make sure he didn't escape and you three have already defeated, bound, and gagged him," Adrynn said, glanced up to Lecuaro, his battered face catching the light. "As you can tell, my encounter with him didn't go too well."

Adrynn stood up. He could feel a deep calm coming over him. His brand flared briefly in a mix of pain and pleasure. He felt a momentary connection with Velanya, seen her walking behind a group of people dressed in the Blades armor that Caius wore. He projected a short thought to her through his link, telling her about all that happened at Kogoruhn that he knew. Then the connection ended, and he was back in the ruined stronghold, the Nerevarine at his feet.

Well done, my Chosen. You have captured my mad Moon-and-Star. Bring him to my Shrine on Azura's Coast. There I will heal him of this affliction, Azura's voice said in his mind.

You have some explaining to do, Azura. That much I know for sure.

All in good time, mortal, all in good time.

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Blades Safehouse

The Knight-Errant winced at Caretus's not-so-quiet voice. She shook her head. That woman was a trip...

Velanya then remembered that Kriak had put something in her footlocker. She made her way to her bunk and went through her chest to find a soul gem hidden underneath a shirt. That must have been how the woodsman was able to keep in touch with Nenalaamo's spirit. Taking the gem and placing it in the pouch on her belt, she left the safehouse again and caught up with Meraxtus.

"Messania!" she said, taking him by the shoulder, "Make sure that Nenalaamo's body is left off of the funeral pyre. He needs to lie in state for a while so the men can pay their respects. Sorry, but I've got other things to tend to. I'll catch you in the mess hall tonight."

She then spun around and began to navigate back towards the foyer of the Fort when a sudden flash of light overtook her vision. She heard Adrynn's voice talking...telling her there was a fight at Kogoruhn...telling her that they had captured the Nerevarine...

Her mind spun.

No. It can't be. It just can't...

Faeryn Sethandas, Fort Floodgate, Storeroom

The Ordinator shook his head grimly, "I think I'll need some help with this one. I'm losing my strength quickly."

He moved to hook his arms under the Nord's and lifted him from the floor with a groan.

Nibani Maesa, Fort Floodgate

The Wise Woman watched as the Ordinator struggled to help the wounded. She had made up her mind to follow him back to wherever they healed the injured. Perhaps she could put her own medicinal knowledge to good use.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Kriak, Kogoruhn

Kriak stared determinedly at the old bladesman as Caius questioned his fortitude. "It won't corrupt me because I have 4 gods, not one backing me like the Nerevarine and none of them are going to abandon me like Azura did to him." Kriak was cold, he had little but contempt for the Daedra that chose sides like that, Azura always meddled and only used her servants and chosen as pawns, they weren't real champions, they were her tools, her machinations, that's exactly what the Nerevarine was to her, a means to an end and Kriak worried that Adrynn and Velanya might befall the same fate...

Kriak shook his head slightly to clear it and grabbed the Mysterium Xarxes, encasing it in a thick shadowy veil so that he would not touch it directly and no one around him could see it. It took a great deal of strength to hold back it's great range of influence, even his great stores of energy would be easily depleted by this cursed book if he wasn't careful. "Come on, let's hurry back, we have what we came for. Let's find the others and get out of this hell-hole before more trouble shows up. Perhaps even Dagon himself." The woodsman said sarcastically, only half-joking as he started out the door and down the hall towards Adrynn and the others.

Caius Cosades, Kogoruhn Interior

The Spymaster silently followed, hoping that Kriak's cockamamie plan wasn't going to make even more trouble for them.

Daedra are Daedra, whether they're Azura or Ebonarm. We are all pawns here, woodsman, he thought.

He saw Lecuaro and company, complete with hog-tied Nerevarine, down the hall. He waved, "Marczon! Indarys! Let's take the escape tunnels and get out of here. Time's wastin'!"

Adrynn Indarys, Kogoruhn Interior

Adrynn glanced up when he heard Caius's voice sound out down the hall. Kriak was with him, carrying something encased in shadows in his hands. Adrynn glanced over to Lecuaro and company.

"Well, let's go. No point in lingering here," Adrynn said, squatting down and picking up the unconscious Nerevarine, throwing him over a shoulder and standing up with a groan. The Nerevarine had to weigh at least half as much as the Redoran himself in all the heavy Indoril armor. Not to mention the size of the man himself. Shaking his head to clear the sudden burst of stars across his vision, Adrynn started toward the escape tunnels.

"Hurry up! I'm not gonna be able to defend myself carrying this heavy son of a guar," Adrynn commented sarcastically behind him.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Inside Kogoruhn: to the Escape Tunnels

Lecuaro called the others around Adrynn as the Redoran hauled the unconscious Nerevarine down the hall toward the secret escape tunnel.

"Box formation around Adrynn!" Lecuaro barked.

Cheriana covered the rear with her bow. Lecuaro stayed on Adrynn's left side so Adrynn could duck inward into the alcoves should he need to. Mercando took the front position, prepared to meet any surprise attacks with a burst from his magicka reserves. Caius accompanied Mercando up front while Kriak stayed with Cheriana at the rear. Keeping this formation, the group managed to reach the tunnel in quick fashion. However, as they entered the storeroom that housed the tunnel's mouth, a large group of Ashlanders charged from both ends of the hall. Cheriana managed to down one with an arrow before slipping into the storeroom.

"Company. Lots of it." She said sharply.

Lecuaro scowled and took a ready stance. "Adrynn, we'll need your help. We can't risk getting sandwiched in that tunnel, so let's off this lot out there right now." He said.

Meraxtus Messania and Serrabinashiah Masseribalit - Fort Floodgate Hallways and Courtyard

Meraxtus nodded quickly at Velanya's reminder before she spun around and dashed off. He quickly made his way into the courtyard, where the cleanup was winding down for the day as dusk approached. He hoped that they had gotten all of the wounded inside and were ready to burn the dead. At that notion, he set about searching for Nenalaamo's corpse. He happened across Serra, Candrus, and the other two.

"Hey, Candrus! Where's Nenalaamo's body?" He asked.

Candrus spun around with the Nord girl in his arms. "Oh, it's you sir. We've got Nenalaamo's body safe up in that watch tower up there so he doesn't get thrown on the pyres out here." Candrus said as he pointed to one of the towers with his head.

"Good. Make sure he doesn't get on those pyres." Meraxtus replied.

"Yes, sir. Are you coming with us to see the wounded? We've just about got them all inside by now, I think." Candrus asked.

"Yeah, I'm coming. Let's go." Meraxtus answered, leading the way.

The four soldiers soon found themselves in the makeshift waiting room, which had grown quite crowded in the past few hours. Okair was still trying her best to help those in need, but she was no healer. And Trilvan would certainly have his hands full tending to all of their wounds. It was still troubling to think of just how quickly their numbers had been reduced. When the fort was first opened those few months ago, the occupying army was two thousand strong. In the past week, it had been whittled down to about one thousand six hundred. Really, the only thing that kept the small force from being totally overwhelmed by the sheer size of the opposition was the ingenious design of the fort.

Serra and the others sat down the wounded in their arms as Meraxtus walked among the wounded. He was never famous for a strong stomach, and the combination of the sight of so many young and intrepid souls and the horrific appearance of their injuries tied his gut in knots. He couldn't break down, though; it was a commander's job to be strong in times of grief. He eventually spied Faeryn, who was struggling to hoist up a Nordic man that was large even by his own race's standards. Meraxtus walked over and squatted at the Nord's feet, opposite Faeryn.

"You need some help, Ordinator?" Meraxtus asked.

---

Serra found Nibani Maesa with her gaze fixed intently on something across the room. She followed the wise woman's eyes and saw Faeryn with his arms under a big Nord's shoulders and Meraxtus at the feet.

"Candrus! You and your friends need to help take the injured back to Trilvan!" Serra yelled as she approached Nibani.

"Will do!" Went Candrus's reply.

"Hey, Nibani. If you want, I can take to back there to Trilvan's office. He could use the help." She offered.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Caius Cosades, Kogoruhn, Escape Tunnels

The Spymaster unhooked the bag of stun beads from his belt and took a handful, drawing his katana and readying to deal with the Ashlanders. Naturally, they weren't going to be able to get out of this easily. But perhaps when the goons saw their leader bound and gagged it would make them think twice...

While Cheriana and Kriak handled one set of foes, Caius threw the stun beads at the other. The beads went off with tremendous force, knocking the Ashlanders ahead of him clean off of their feet. Caius nodded to Mercando, "Finish them!"

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

The Knight-Errant's mind was in a whirl. She knew she was forgetting something....

Ah yes, the speaking stone. Nenalaamo had wanted her to recover it from his body. She had overheard someone say he was being protected in the watch tower, and so Velanya quickly made her way outside and into the turret. There, the Commander's body had been laid on a table, a bloodstained sheet over him. The Dunmer carefully lifted the sheet and felt around his cuirass for the pocket. Finally, she found it, and removed a small, smooth stone.

Withdrawing the soul gem from her pouch, she concentrated, Nenalaamo? Can you hear me? Is this it?

Faeryn Sethandas, Fort Floodgate, Storeroom

The Ordinator looked up to see a young legionnaire before him. He nodded, his weariness beginning to show, "Yes, friend. That would be appreciated."

Nibani Maesa, Fort Floodgate, Storeroom

The Wise Woman inclined her head to Serra, "It would be to all our benefit, Serrabinashiah. I feel useless amongst all these wounded."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Kriak, Kogoruhn

In the cramped quarters of Kogoruhn, Kriak excelled at dispatching the ashlanders. They were too close together to escape his intermittent bursts of flames and whirling blades. He sent many of them scrambling away in terror as the claustrophobic environment turned their ambush into a slaughter and a rout. Cheriana picked off any stragglers in the rear as Kriak carved his way through the foes.

The morale of both enemy forces was very poor now with Caius and Mercando dealing with one and Kriak and Cheriana with the other. Adrynn was able to catch his breath for a moment before joining the fray. This is too easy Kriak thought. Something was wrong, either that or he was way too used to traps and backstabbing.