Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate, Hallways

"Outside," she replied, almost immediately, "He likes being outside, especially when he's thinking."

The Knight-Errant inclined her head to Kriak, "Good to see you again."

Faeryn Sethandas, Fort Floodgate, Battlements

Suddenly, a kagouti horn rang out over the Ashlands, breaking the Ordinator out of his reverie. There, near the Foyada Bani-dad, was a group of warriors, clad in bonemold. The flag of House Redoran flapped above their heads.

"Elam!" Faeryn called out, catching the attention of one of his Temple fellows, "Get the others and receive those Redorans! The Imperials are spread a little thin."

"Yes, Faeryn!" Elam Gols replied, motioning to Kareth, Ravos, and Ivela. Together, the four Ordinators jogged from the fort to intercept the advancing Redorans.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garila Indarys, Ashlands

Garila uncovered her ears from the horn call. Even with her hands covering her ears, the sound had a piercing call. Any sentries on the Fort's battlements would know of their prescense now. She hoped that Adrynn had heard it as well. She still had a feeling in her gut that something was wrong.

The captain of the Redoran company stepped forward, pointing. "Look, my lady. We have a welcoming party."

She turned and looked. There, coming from the southern gate, were four warriors in golden armor. "Ordinators? What is the Temple doing here?" she asked, perplexed.

"The same reason we are. Helping friends in need," the captain said. He guestured behind him to the rest. "Move out!" The company responded with a resounding cry and began to move toward the Fort.

Garila raised her hand and waved to the approaching party.

"Hail Ordinators!"

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn stopped in his tracks as the horn call resounded through the Ashlands. He spun around toward the open doors of the fort, his eyes wide as he recognized the sound. "That's a Redoran horn! They're here! Come! Let's go greet them!" Without waiting for a reply, Adrynn sprinted out the doors toward the gates.

Elam Gols, Ashlands

The Hlaalu knight jogged up to the Redoran party, Ravos close on his heels. Kareth and Ivela hung back, stopping at a distance.

Elam raised the mask of his helm, greeting him with his gruff voice, "Hail, Redorans. What brings you to Fort Floodgate?"

Faeryn Sethandas and Velanya Therys, Fort Floodgate

The Ordinator and Knight-Errant exchanged glances before dashing after Adrynn. Both were pleasantly surprised that Redoran reinforcements had come so soon.

Garila Indarys and Adrynn Indarys, Outside Fort Floodgate

The captain of the Redoran party stepped forward, handing Elam a package. "On the orders of Archmaster Aythn Sarethi. We were informed of the situation here and sent to provide whatever assistance we can. We are under to be under the command of House Father Adrynn Indarys, who let the Archmaster know of this situation," the captain said, nodding behind the Ordinator. "And it seems he comes to greet us now."

Garila spun toward where the captain guestured to. There, racing from the fort was a tall Dunmer in Gah-Julan armor, his dark hair flying behind him.

"Adrynn!" Garila yelled, excitement in her voice as she waved to him. "Excuse me gentlemen while I go greet my husband," she said before sprinting toward him.

As soon as Adrynn had passed through the gates, he could see the company of House Redoran warriors in the distance, talking to a group of Ordinators. His excitement of knowing his message had gotten through to Athyn bled away any discomfort or fatigue from today's events.

He heard his name called on the winds and focused as a bonemold clad figure detached from the rest and flew toward him. Garila? Recognizingn. that it was indeed her, his excitement grew into joy as she flew into his arms and hugged him fiercly. The sound of their armors colliding was a dull crash upon the winds.

"Adrynn!" she whispered joyously into his neck, squeezing him close. "I was so worried about you. I couldn't stand waiting anymore and had to come."

The Redoran could barely breathe but didn't care. He hugged Garila tightly, relishing this small reunion as a respite from the horrors of the last few days. When she finally released him enough to breathe, he started laughing and kissed her. It was a small guesture of his great affection for his wife.

Stepping back, he blushed for a moment as he noticed everyone waiting patiently. Nodding to his master-at-arms, Adrynn stepped forward and clasped Arvs' forearm. Arvs nodded back. "Adrynn. Glad to see you're alive and well. I had to keep Garila on a leash to keep her from sprinting ahead of everyone else."

Adrynn chuckled. "Always in a hurry." He turned toward the captain now. "I see that my message got through?"

The captain nodded. "Aye. And it was a welcome chance to do something besides patrols and paperwork," he said stepping forward, clasping Adrynn's arm.

"Glad to know," Adrynn said, nodding again.

Adrynn turned to Velanya and Faeryn as they came up to the Redoran party. "Velanya, you already know Garila. Faeryn, this is Garila Indarys, my wife. Garila, this is Faeryn Sethandas, Hand of Vivec, and Ordinator of the Temple."

"Nice to meet you, Faeryn. And good to see you again, Velanya," Garila said, nodding to the two. She glanced to Adrynn. "Enough standing around sqawking like a cliffracer. Let's get inside the fort."

Adrynn nodded and glanced to Faeryn and Velanya. "We need to see about this Caretus person and see what Caiu-uh Cassius wants to do. Agreed?"

Kriak, Fort Floodgate

The blaring horn seared Kriak's ears, he almost grabbed his head in pain but resisted the temptation and outwardly looked quite calm. He followed Adrynn and the others out to the courtyard and watched him dash to hold his wife in his arms. Kriak just stood by and observed for a few moments, the Redoran army was a welcome sight, but still, something was amiss, Kriak didn't know what, but there was something horribly wrong with this whole situation, something was approaching, but what he could not say. Kriak settled for returning to the ramparts and leaning against them. He crossed his arms and sat in meditative thought overlooking the fort's yard. He believed the next move for the companions was to journey to the shrine of Azura. Quite honestly, Kriak wasn't sure he wanted to go on this journey, he felt he needed to do something else. Something needed to be done with the blasted Mysterium Xarxes, which he had, still bound in a tomb of shadow, on his person. He could hear conniving voices pervading his solitude, trying to worm their way into his mind and bend him to the will of Mehrunes Dagon and the Mythic Dawn. The voices were a nuisance now but Kriak was unsure if they would remain so or grow stronger over time, given the adrenaline of earlier events today he had not heard them, whether it was due precisely to this adrenaline or the fact that they weren't strong enough yet, he couldn't say.

Velanya Therys and Faeryn Sethandas, Outside Fort Floodgate

Velanya smiled warmly at Adrynn and Garila's exchange, and Faeryn simply inclined his head to them. The Ordinator then ordered his companions to return to the fort and begin helping with the last of the injured. As they went to do as he bid, Velanya nodded to Adrynn, "Yes. Let's see about Cassius before we meet up with Caretus. I have a feeling she's going to be trouble."

• 2 weeks later...

Adrynn Indarys, Outside Fort Floodgate

Adrynn nodded. "Aye, I'm sure he'll wanna see her too." Adrynn turned to the Redoran Captain. "Get your men stationed in the courtyard and send out patrols around the perimeter. This fort has already been attacked three times in the past few days. Make sure we know if another one is on its way."

"Yes, House Father." He turned toward his men. "MOVE OUT!"

Adrynn turned to Velanya. "After you cousin."

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Outside Fort Floodgate

Lecuaro had been mulling over the happenings while the others spoke. The arrival of the Redorans was a huge blessing. They would need all of the reinforcements they could muster if the fort was to stay under Imperial control. Lecuaro's main focus, however, was the fact that Caretus was now here. She was likely mad that she had been forced to wait this long already...but he saw little choice but to make her wait more.

At Adrynn's and Velanya's mentions of Caretus wanting to see him, Lecuaro turned to them with a short but definite reply. "To put it bluntly my friends...screw Caretus for the time being. We're all going to Azura's shrine. There's safety in numbers, and besides, we've all got business with the Daedra. And although she's not the one who branded me...maybe she'll have at least some insight as to why Hermaeus Mora would mark me. As far as I know, he doesn't hold much sway in this part of Tamriel, so I'm very curious as to why he's involved himself in this affair."

Velanya Therys, Faeryn Sethandas, and Caius Cosades; Outside Fort Floodgate

Velanya's brow rose as she contemplated Lecuaro's words. A trip to Azura's shrine, eh? That would be a long one. She feared for the safety of the fort if they were to leave it, but it wasn't her call. Besides, she trusted Lecuaro's judgment, and if that was where he wanted her to go, then that was where she would go.

At that moment, Caius himself approached them from the gates. He had changed out of his Blades armor and into a simple shirt and breeches, a dagger strapped to his hip. He appeared to have a half-eaten sweetroll in one hand.

"Aha, there you are," he called, waving them over, "I got the cooks working on extra food for the Ashlanders. They should all be able to join us in the mess tonight." He then gestured to Faeryn, "Right efficient folk you brought with you...they're working on the last of the injured now. Many thanks for your aid, friend."

Faeryn simply nodded.

Caius finished his sweetroll, turning to walk with them back into the fort. He then put a hand to his jaw and rubbed it, as if in severe pain, "Agh...I knew I was going to regret that...but I did it anyway..."

Adrynn Indarys and Garila Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Garila turned to Adrynn. "Brands? Azura's Shrine? What in Oblivion are they talking about? I thought you were just here to advise?"

Adrynn shook his head. "It's gone far past that, I'm afraid. But I'll tell you what I can later. A lot of it is on a need to know basis," Adrynn said, glancing at Caius. He sighed. "But, dinner, I'm sure, is about to be served. And I am sore and weary from today's events. I need a wash and some food before i can even begin to think about our next move." At this, his stomach rumbled. He grimaced. "See? My body agrees."

Garila laughed and patted Adrynn's armor above his belly. "You're always hungry, dear. But I do agree you need a wash," she said, rubbing flakes of dried blood off of his cheek. Her eyes were somber now as she thought of who's blood her husband had spilled today. Adrynn saw the look on her face and took her hand in his as they passed through the southern gates.

"Commander, I need to use a tub and some water. I think our plans can wait until after dinner, yes? We've all had a long day. And before I eat, I would really like to clean up," Adrynn said, glancing toward the tall Breton Commander.

Garila nodded. Indeed, Adrynn looked like he had been dragged behind a stampeding guar. He was exhausted. She glanced as Cassius held his jaw in pain. "Are you alright, Cassius?"