Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - To The Washrooms

Lecuaro seconded Adrynn's desire for a bath before going to eat. "Well Adrynn, I reckon both of us need a wash at this point. Let's head over there. Oh and Velanya, if you want to clean up, there's room for several. And don't worry...there's stalls." He was quick to add the last bit.

Lecuaro then looked over at Caius who was favoring his jaw. "Looks like you had no trouble finding the washrooms, old man." He quipped.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velanya Therys, Faeryn Sethandas, and Caius Cosades; To the Washrooms

The Spymaster swatted Lecuaro on the shoulder, and none too gently, "Ah, shut it, Marczon!"

He glanced to Garila, "Just my damnable sweet tooth is all."

Velanya was eager to wash up, and she quickened her pace when the Commander mentioned stalls. She knew that, after a long and hard day of work and battle, she must not have smelled quite like a lady...

Faeryn, too, seemed satisfied, "A wash would not be amiss, sera. I also need to get this to the armory for repair," he indicated the hole that had been punched through his Indoril breastplate.

"Speaking of which," Caius added, "Adrynn? I need to talk with you about a blade I recovered from our earlier expedition. Sometime after we eat is fine, but we need to know what to do with it." He, of course, was speaking of Hopesfire...one of the swords of the Nerevarine.

Kriak, Fort Floodgate Bathhouse

Kriak had found the bathhouse well enough on his own. He had only been able to stare across the fields for so long before getting restless and the sudden influx of o many strangers was quite unsettling to him, as it always was when he was not in his element. He had locked away the Mysterium Xarxes in the Blades stronghold beneath the fort along with some of his other items that were quite unnecessary for him to be carrying on the way to the baths. He fetched a large, clean, linen towel on his way.

In the bathhouse when he had removed his armor and underlying clothing, wrapped the towel about himself and headed towards a stall he heard several gasps and witnessed no small number of wide-eyed stares at his form. The spectacle was not his lean physique but rather the scars littering his body. There was scarcely a square inch that didn't have some gash, scrape or puncture wound scare except for his hands and above his neck. They were remnants from what was now more than half a century of reckless fighting, daring ambuscades and ferocious scraps. He was able to heal himself with shadow magic but it always left scars, the tissue still functioned just fine but it looked terrifying, it was one of the queer prices of using shadow magic: it marked you. His entire body looked like it was covered in spiderwebs of scars with massive lines and slashes cutting through them in various places. The soldiers were no doubt astonished as to how someone could survive that many wounds, of course they had never seen shadow magic's healing abilities but they still surely had an idea of just how many times Kriak should have died already.

Kriak finally made it to an empty stall and took his soak, cleansing the dirt, grime and bountiful amounts of blood from his body. He sat for an eternity just thinking. The euphoria of victory and survival was well gone, now he was back to his normal calculating self.

Lecuaro Sulnair Marczon - Fort Floodgate, To The Baths

"Well Faeryn, I suppose I could take you to the armory so our smith can patch it up for you. Cassius here's already been to the baths, so the others can follow him." Lecuaro offered. "And...I think all of you will find the identity of our smith a bit interesting." He added.

Adrynn and Garila Indarys, Fort Floodgate, the Washrooms

Adrynn silently nodded to Caius's remark. He was too tired to think about what blade Caius meant. He was sure he'd find out later on anyways. "Yes Cassius, after dinner would be fine."

Adrynn silently plodded along behind Caius, his mind foggy from the fatigue that was setting in. Garila noticed his heavy eyes and gently steered him toward the door with the foggy steam and splashing sounds. They stepped inside and were enveloped from the hot steam as they made their way toward an empty stall. Adrynn stepped inside as Garila shut the door, and slipped on a bar of sload soap.

"Ahh!" Adrynn yelled, surprised as his feet flew out from under him. He landed on the floor with a loud crash of armor and weapons. Garila just stood there for a moment, before busting out laughing. Holding a stitch in her side, Garila kept laughing as Adrynn started to giggle, and then laugh as well. Their mirth lifted their moods and Adrynn stood up and began to take off his armor.

Garila tested the water with a finger. "Ouch. This water is hot, dear. Sure you want to get in now?" she asked as she watched Adrynn strip off layers of armor. Sighing as he got stuck on unbuckling a strap from his cuirass, she got up and helped him. Her nimble fingers made short work of the leather strap and the armor fell off of Adrynn's chest and clattered to the floor. Shaking her head, she quickly helped him strip off the rest of his armor.

Standing naked for a moment, Adrynn stretched, loosening his stiff muscles before sliding into the hot water. Hissing as the steaming liquid met his skin, Adrynn gingerly sat down in the tub, letting the water do its magic on his sore body. Sighing as his skin adjusted to the water, Adrynn relaxed slowly, feeling his tense muscles loosen one by one. Letting his eyes close, the Redoran just floated for a while, letting his mind clear of all his worries and troubles. After a moment, Adrynn felt long nimble fingers in his hair.

"You know, you need to keep this out of that braid for a while. It's really quite lovely hair," Garila said, her eyes sparkling as she played with his long locks of hair. He only smiled. She ran her fingers through his hair, letting the water loosen the clumps and gently comb it out.

Sitting up, Adrynn scooped up the bar of sload soap that he slipped on earlier and began to scrub himself clean of all the sweat and blood and grime off of his body. Sighing as he felt refreshed and clean, Adrynn stood up and began to dry off. Glancing around for a moment, Adrynn stopped and began to laugh, wrapping the towel around himself.

"What is it, Adrynn?" Garila asked, perplexed.

"I don't have any clothes to change in to," he said, still laughing. Grinning, she kissed him and stepped out of the stall, closing it quickly behind her.

"I need a change of clothes, if you please, sera," Garila asked a legionnaire standing guard nearby. "It's for my husband," she said, blushing slightly.

Velanya Therys, Faeryn Sethandas, and Caius Cosades; To the Washrooms

Velanya made a small detour to the barracks to retrieve her casual clothes, as she was certain she did not want to put her armor on again after bathing. Faeryn already had his clothes in his pack, and so he continued on into the steamy baths. Caius hung around just outside the room, waiting on the others to wash up.

The Knight-Errant jogged back to the baths, her clothes in hand, practically dashing into an empty stall and closing the door behind her. She felt positively filthy. Velanya's nimble fingers unbuckled her armor pieces in minutes, and she let them each fall to the floor with a clang. Suddenly, she jumped as she heard a chuckle next to her.

"Shut up!" she hissed, as she realized Faeryn had occupied the stall just to her right, "I feel like a mudcrab and smell like a scamp!"

The chuckle grew to laughter, "Thank the Three you don't look like either one of those."

Seeing that his violet scarf was hanging over the side of the stall, she snatched it down and put it with her own clothes.

"Hey! Give that back!"

She merely giggled and stepped into the bath, sighing at the warmth of the water. She unpinned her hair and then ducked her head under the surface, shaking it to loosen the ash that had built up in the mahogany waves. After a few moments of simply relaxing, Velanya scrubbed herself down and combed out her hair. She felt much better now that the grime of battle had been washed away, and she found that she was smiling to herself...although, that smile faded once she glimpsed the brand on her palm.

She got out, dressing herself quickly so as not to keep the stall occupied any longer - she did not want to feel like she was keeping another legionnaire from his or her bath. Deciding to keep her damp hair down, she tied Faeryn's scarf around her neck and scooped up her armor. About the time she opened the door, the one to her right opened as well, and plain-clothed Faeryn nearly ran right into her. Both spent a few seconds gawking at each other in awkward silence...neither had seen the other out of uniform. Ever.

Clearing her throat, Velanya left the washrooms first, intent on returning to her bunk to put away her armor. Faeryn followed, joining Caius outside.

Kolth - Fort Floodgate Washrooms

The young Redguard legionnaire was pulled away from his daydreams by a sweet feminine Dunmeri voice asking for a fresh change of clothes.

"Of course, I'll be back in a second." He said as he started toward a stockroom.

In a couple minutes' time, he was back with a shirt, pair of pants, and pair of shoes.

"There you are." He said as he extended the threads to Garila.

Adrynn and Garila Indarys, Fort Floodgate Washrooms

Garila smiled and took the change of clothes. "Thank you young man," she said, winking before turning around and heading back toward the stall Adrynn was in.

Adrynn looked up as Garila opened the stall door and stepped inside. She blinked for a moment to clear her mind of the sculpture of the Dunmeri warrior in front of her. Grinning, she handed Adrynn the change of clothes.

"Excuse me a minute while you change, dear. I would rather like to keep a . . . clear head, right now," she said, laughing as she stepped out and made her way out of the washroom. There, she bumped into Velanya and her Ordinator friend, Faeryn, staring at one another. She coughed. "Excuse me you two, but it seems you are gawking a bit," Garila said, laughing again.

Adrynn just grinned as Garila stepped out. He tossed the towel over the stall door and began to change into his new set of clothes. They were a bit tight in the chest and shoulders, but otherwise, they fit well. Smiling again, Adrynn scooped up his armor and weapons and stepped out into the hallway. He bumped into Garila, Velanya, and Faeryn. They were all staring.

"What did I walk in to?"

Velanya Therys, Faeryn Sethandas, and Caius Cosades; Fort Floodgate

Caius chuckled, "Just two warriors who haven't seen each other out of armor before. Speaking of which, Faeryn, if you want, I can run you by the armory so you can get that patched up."

The Ordinator nodded, "Thank you, that would be appreciated."

Velanya cleared her throat again, "I'll just go and put my uniform away. I'll meet you in the mess hall."

As she turned to leave, Caius began leading Faeryn to the fort smith.

Tuhkrisi - Fort Floodgate Smithy

"That should do it. Good as new!" Tuhkrisi said as she handed a legionnaire's newly mended sword back to him.

As the soldier turned to leave, Caius and Faeryn walked in.

Tuhkrisi's eyes snapped to the mangled Indoril breastplate in Faeryn's arms. "I'm guessing you need that fixed?" She asked as she pointed to the damaged armor.

She leaned on the counter and allowed her self a small smirk at the two men's faces. They obviously weren't expecting to find a Khajiiti woman behind the counter...much less a petite Dagi-raht.