We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

How did Rad Tolerance work?

swk3000

I'm tossing around the idea of making the Rad Regeneration perk from FO3 into a Level Up perk in New Vegas. To me, the fact that your body heals at the lower radiation levels means that you shouldn't suffer ill effects from basic Rad Poisoning or Advanced Rad Poisoning, so I'd like to implement some way to negate the negative effects of those stages. I'd look at the Rad Tolerance perk from FO3, but I don't have it on PC, and Rad Tolerance was a Broken Steel perk, so it won't exist as Legacy Content in New Vegas' files.

My question is how exactly this perk worked. Did it detect the game adding the Rad Poisoning effect to the player, then simply remove it (hence the reason it said that you were still notified of getting Rad Poisoning)? Or did it just have an 'Increase Endurance' effect that had a condition that caused it to only show up when the player had Rad Poisoning?

This is the script of spell inside the perk. It's present in NV by the way.

ScriptName DLC03RadAbsorbScript

Float MicroRegen

Begin ScriptEffectUpdate
    Set MicroRegen to ScriptEffectElapsedSeconds / 20
    RestoreAv RadiationRads MicroRegen
End

You're welcome)

I understand that Rad Regeneration is in New Vegas. However, I also want the perk to cancel the effects of Rad Poisoning and Advanced Rad Poisoning. Broken Steel had a perk called "Rad Tolerence" that caused you to suffer no ill effects from Rad Poisoning, and I'd like to know how it worked so I can work that into my Rad Regeration perk. Unfortunately, while Rad Regeneration is in New Vegas, Rad Tolerance isn't, so I can't look at it in the New Vegas GECK.

Edit for clarification: I am interested in the Rad Regeneration perk, not the Rad Absorb perk. The one I'm looking at caused your limbs to regenerate condition if you had Advanced Rad Poisoning. You got it from the Radiation section of Chapter 1 of the Wasteland Survival Guide quest.

Edited by swk3000

If you go Gameplay-Radiation you will see the list of radiation spells which are cast on player when rads reach a certain amount. So in script you can check for these and dispel them at any time you want.

if PlayerRef.IsSpellTarget Radiation400

playerRef.dispel Radiation400

endif