My modded armor + One question

strungout

Oi all

Just wanted to share my little work and ask a question:

My link

I just modified the texture of the combat armor, made an armlet and elbow pad; removed that droopy end to the oasis hood and added a mouth piece, created the egm; and stuck a lawnmower blade to a bat and made it craftable at a workbench. I'm happy with it. I think I learned the bulk of how to create items and get em ingame. Still got a lot to learn. Only one thing is still bugging me: at the elbow, the arm guard curves with it, instead of opening and keeping straight with the forearm and cause a slight clipping on the outer-inside edge when holding/aiming a 2h rifle. It's been weight painted (the whole arm guard is red), but I noticed there are two links (if that's the right word) on the forearm part of the skeleton, do I need to mak changes to that?. I'm not sure how to fix this, or what to search for.

Here screenies of the issue:

My link

My link

Any help appreciated.

Hi!

I think the armguard thing is supposed to be a rigid armor plating thing?

Im not sure what you mean by the links on the skeleton thing. i guess you have imported skeleton.nif?

Well if you put a screenshot up of weightpaint mode in blender with the object showing then i can see what the problem is for sure.

But i dont think there is any problem with all that stuff and it looks pretty clear what the issue is anyway.

When you weightpaint it and its all red that sounds fine but maybe you only weightpainted it to BP_RIGHTARM and of course it will be red then but.

You gotta select the bip01 Forearm.R vertex group and paint it red for that one also cause that will make it not all bendy when you bend the elbow.

all the vertex groups that start with BP are for dismemberment and vats only and the ones that start with bip01 are all for controlling how the vertices move along with the bones during animations.

Looks like it has been weight to more than one bone. Just remove anything other than the forearm and it should be fine. BP_"Whatever" you still need to keep as that is for dismemberment though. If the armguard is a separate mesh, well, that makes it a lot easier. Simply select the Vertex Group and hit apply giving it a full 1.0 weight turning everything inside and out red. Then just delete any other vertex groups that don't pertain to it. I'm sort of busy so I can't get into Blender to give you exact details though.

Oi, thanks for the replies.

Hearing about vgroups, it reminded me that I basically extruded the arm guard from the arm model, so it kept the corresponding weights assigned to it. I made sure the elbow pad was weighted right while I was at it. It looks right, now, thanks again!