Need help making custom companion with custom dialog options

mrdustey

Okay, before I get started, I know this is a big favor to be asking of a total stranger, but hey, what's it hurt to try? Recently, one of my closest friends passed away. He was a love of everything bethesda, but especially fallout, and even more so the mods for it. Every time i saw him at his computer, he had something new to show me, either it be new radio stations, new weapons that were so op it wasn't funny, or just little neat add-ons that made the world just a bit more immersive. Without him, i would have never gotten into fallout, or pc gaming, or modding. it was a terrible blow when we got the news that he had past early one morning. I know this sounds like your generic sob story, and it pretty much is, but it's inspired me. I'd love to add him into either fallout 3 or new vegas as a companion, or even as just an npc. I'm still very new to the pc gaming world and to modding, so there is no way i'd be able to do this myself. I'm looking for someone who knows what their doing to make this idea a reality. If you have any questions or want to discuss something, please do! Thanks everyone in advanced for listening to my story, and for any help that may come in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

That is pretty easy to do. I have made my own NPC with custom dialogue in my mod in progress Matter Weapons 2.0. As for making them a companion I don't know how to do that yet but I will have to learn for another mod idea I have. I guess this could be my learning process. You should private message me and tell me what armor, and weapon the NPC should have, dialogue, and if you want him to be a companion or not. I could probably even make a quest or something.

All of this can be done with the GECK and a bit of scripting knowledge that took me > a week to really learn. You should try to fool around with the GECK and use Bethesda's Fallout 3 scripting tutorial and you will be able to make a lot of new mods and stuff. You will pick up cool little tricks and what not and maybe learn something!