lost cm companions

Lutine

If you could figure out their reference IDs, you can use the MoveTo command to move them to you. I remember there being a topic here about finding form IDs, but I can't seem to find it...

To figure out their reference IDs, you need to open the mod file the companions are in with the Construction Set. Browse through the actors until you find your companion (they're probably called cmXXX, with XXX being their name). Right-click and select "Use Info". Double click on the entry under "Used in these cells". You should be able to see your companion show up in the render window. Double click on your companion to bring up their reference window. On the left of the "Reference Editor ID" field, there should be an 8 digit hexadecimal string inside parentheses. This is the companions reference ID. Write down the reference IDs of all three of your companions (although you won't be using the first 2 digits).

Now you need to figure out what the first 2 digits of the string should be, because this changes depending on your load order. If you have Wrye Bash, this is pretty easy. You just have to open up Wrye Bash, go to the Mods tab, right-click file, and select "List Mods". If you don't have Wrye bash, then I guess you'll have to do some counting. Find out which mod it is in your load order and then sort of convert the number to hexadecimal, only it's actually hexadecimal - 1 because the first mod is 00... (eg 11 is 0A, 32 is 1F, 200 is C7).

Then once you figure all that out, you can go into the game and type in "refid.MoveTo Player" without the quotes, and where refid is the 8 digit string you come up with for your companions.

And if you have the latest CM partners mod, you should also have the "partners ring" that teleports the CM partners you recruited to you. You must have recruited them at least once, otherwise they are not in the active partners list and are not teleported to you.

Yep, that's what I was about to suggest myself.