Simple GECK questions...

ViralDust

Hi, I'm not great with the GECK and I'm having two issues right now with trying to make my custom race. First off, I know you can change your player's height in GECK in the Race menu, making the height value more or less than 1.0, however when I change the number for my custom race nothing happens. Before anybody asks, I know I have everything else right, because I added tattoos on the body of this race, and they work fine, so I'm not just an idiot looking at the wrong thing, however, I must be doing something wrong. My second thing is tied in; I added tattoos to the face texture as well, but those don't work properly - rather, the tattoos are fine, but whenever I make a duplicate texture file to put my tattoos on, it makes the skin all wrinkly and old looking in the GECK preview, and in-game. I've tried just duplicating the normal face and just changing the name of the file, and when I use it, my character looks 50 years old suddenly.

TLDR - My height's not changing in-game when I change it in the GECK, and my custom face textures come out old-person-like (wrinkles) - and I know I have the other stuff in my custom race right.

Any responses to either of these problems would be great. Thanks!

I don't know much about the Tattoo problem but i do know that the height function of the GECK is not usable. It's not that it's broken, it's that the body models come at a preset size that can't be changed without the use of a modeling program like blender.

I'm also pretty sure height doesn't do anything, but you can setscale via console or other method to accomplish the same thing.

For the wrinkliness, in the same directory where your headhuman.dds is, add the other head textures:

Headhuman_n.dds, headhumanf10.dds, headhumanf10_n.dds, and the wrinkles should go away.

Okay, thanks guys. I know you can use the console to set scale, but doesn't using the console permanently disable achievements and stuff?

Only for that game session. So do the console stuff, save exit reload, and all is forgiven ;)

Using the NosCo Companion System I was able to make a companion and change his height with that function in GECK. I changed his height to 1.2 and he looks like he's about 6 ft 5 in. in game. A Monolith of a man, lol

You can see a picture of him- Justice Rhys in the picture section of the mod's homepage in the files section.