A Strategic Point- Weye

dethwaker3

Weye: A quiet little village. Way too quiet....A village just before entering the main entrance of Weye. It should be loud, filled with life!

http://images.uesp.net//thumb/0/09/OB-place-Weye.jpg/799px-OB-place-Weye.jpg

So here's my idea: How about making Weye into a battlefield. A lord overseeing the defense of Weye. The first defense before the deadra get into the Imperial City. What is what I want it to look like...

A Castle for the lord. The lord should sometimes come out to help the soldiers. There should be a training room outside where soldiers can swing their sword at a dummy. A battlemaster would overlook the training. A few barricades protecting Weye boundaries. 10 guard should be protecting it at all time (Some archers some swordsmen). Atleast 2 or 3 Oblivion Gates right outside Weye and deadras pouring in every once in a while. (Like The Defense of Bruma but slower)

If you read the Ranger's Apprentice series, you might have an idea what I am thinking.

NPCs:

A Lord: A strong knight. Owner of a fancy castle. More like a count but a good fighter. Comes out to the battlefield during the weekends

A few knights...A normal schedule for a knight could be: Wake up and eat breakfast with the lord and go to the battlefield and eat dinner with the lord. On the weekends, they could train or go defend . Some knight could train in the weekdays while they go to the battle field during the weekend

Servants: In the castle...just walking around.

Soldiers: Training sessions every once in a while. They could also be sometimes found in the inn drinking.

Battlemaster: Oversees the soldier's training.

So, what do you guys think? :thumbsup: or :yucky: ?

I would make it myself, but I hardly know a thing about modding Oblivion. :confused: It could be like a modded AFK_Weye!

Edited by dethwaker3

Well, i have always wanted to make something like this for weye, i've just never got round to it. : /

I think i'll have a go at it, but i won't make the castle, i'll just make tents for the soldiers, and also, there'll be mercenaries and/or guards from the other cities.

I'll work it around AFK_Weye also, because personally, I love that mod. (:

Just to let you know, I might take a while because I'm working on a good few mod's already. :)

So, it won't be exactly to your request but, it should be fun for you? :)

Sounds good, do you think it will take a long time to make this sort of mod?

Normally, no. But I'm currently working on a City Mod, Horror Mod, and like 4 others, so it'll take a couple of weeks.

You are deffinitely right that weye is far too small a village to be at the door step of the Imperial city! It should be quite huge, with people coming and going all the time. I doubt the beggars and Thieves guild would want to be in the waterfront either, where the only people coming and going are boatsmen. They could make an easier living in Weye. (come to think of it...the Talso Plaza doesnt make much sense where it is either...commercial or military interests should be at the entrance of the city. Those rich folk wouldnt want people from all over walking through their neighborhood either, mucking and crowding it up)

The only mod I know of that adds anything significant to weye is a mod that adds a fort and a number of quests. I don't remember the name...could be fort weye, lol.

Why not turn the Weye-most end upright of the bridge into a gated fort. That gives you a defensible position and makes sense of its architectural style. Do the same mods to thr city-end upright and it actually looks like a staged defence.

• 3 months later...