When someone says this to you, what do they mean?

yoba333

"Lol yeah I just euphamize my romantic pursuits until i get really disappointed. Lol"

This was after I asked her if she doesn't like these girls...

What does she mean haha?

Edited by yoba333

Now, now just hold on there a minute. This is not a speedy forum sometimes. If you ask a question, it might take longer than 9 minutes for someone to respond, especially when it's not a game related question. People here are generally very helpful but you do need to have a little patience, after all it's you coming to them for an answer. :smile:

Just a word to the wise, requests that come across as snotty and/or impatient won't get you much help around here, at any time. Even if a smiley is involved :tongue:

Now as to your question...."Lol yeah I just euphamize my romantic pursuits until i get really disappointed. Lol"

First of all, she spelled the word wrong, unless that is a word I'm unfamiliar with. To euthanize, is to put to sleep, like we euthanize stray or sick animals in shelters.

So to make a guess, cause only she knows what she really meant, I'd say her statement might indicate that she either sabotages potential relationships, or doesn't always make the best choices in those she is interested in romantically, until she is then disappointed by the results. An example would be saying "all men are dogs..." and then choosing men who don't treat her very well. She can do whatever to try and change them, but they still treat her the same, so in the end it proves her theory right that all men are dogs. It's, imho, somewhat of an odd statement, or way to put it. This could also mean that she doesn't know the meaning of the word, thus she used it wrong and didn't mean that at all.

SO, your best bet is to ask HER to explain to you what exactly she means by that. That's always the best way to find out what someone means when they say things we don't understand. If she can't or won't explain her answer, then that is a good example of her doing exactly what she is presumably saying in that statement.

I hope that helps :smile:

She might have been making a totally new word out of the base word Euphamism, which is a fancy way of saying "substitute".

So she might be saying that she continues to substitute for romance until she gives up...or something like that.

But the word "euphamize"...? Not a real word.

(and please give us more than 9 minutes to respond before ragging on us as being useless... :whistling: )

"euphamize"..as in I wanted a dog but got a turtle which was put to sleep.....so the the turtle was euphamized...give her a dictionary.

Actually, I believe that is euthanized. I looked it up, it actually is a word. Euphemized, which means to express or describe something euphemistically. I.e saying snuff instead of kill. This creep tried to get away but I snuffed him before he knew what hit him. As for her context, I don't get what she meant.

Edited by krimzin

"euphamize"..as in I wanted a dog but got a turtle which was put to sleep.....so the the turtle was euphamized...give her a dictionary.

Actually, I believe that is euthanized. I looked it up, it actually is a word. Euphemized, which means to express or describe something euphemistically. I.e saying snuff instead of kill. This creep tried to get away but I snuffed him before he knew what hit him. As for her context, I don't get what she meant.

Was being droll Krimzin, it's a mash up of two real words....fractured english.