eXcalibr or Apocalypse Armory

Deleted2568714User

6 members have voted

1. 1. eXcalibr or Apocalypse Armory

• eXcalibr Universe - Book of Earache
    • Apocalypse Armory

I want both, but don't have enough space on my harddrive for both. So I need to know which is better. Apocalypse Armory looks great because it has a lot of new weapons + uniques, but eXcalibr doesn't seem to have uniques.

Links:

Apocalypse Armory

eXcalibr

I think you might want to try out Book of Earache. It has everything that the eXcalibr armory has (I'm pretty sure) plus more. It replaces all the vanilla weapons with better/cooler stuff, replaces the unique weapons with SUPER cool stuff and adds a bunch of uniques to the gameworld (for example, a Samurai-Match pistol with a holographic sight next to Sydney's dad's skeleton in the Statesman Hotel) plus it equips many named NPC's with their own unique weapons.

edit: Just noticed that your link IS to the Book of Earache. In that case, you're wrong. Earache has plenty of uniques, in fact it's mostly nothing BUT uniques. Happy travels.

Edited by roboroller

Oh, thanks! And would it be compatible with FOOK2?

I think so, yeah. It says it does on the main page, but some of the shop weapons may be a little hard to get without cheating. You gain weapons from the shop by paying for them and by collecting ammo and other weapons for the shopkeeper. As Fook2 can make some of those items a bit rarer (a good example is that one of the earlier weapons you get from the Sy-the shopkeep-you get for 600 caps and by bringing him four M-1 hunting rifles. For whatever reason, FOOK2 makes those M-1 Hunting Rifles (which replaces the regular hunting rifle) kind of rare, so it's a bit harder to do than it would be otherwise, and I think some of the tasks can be even harder from there), but you can probably get around that with a bit of cheating. Book of Earache actually works a lot better with FWE and there's even a patch that makes it work even better alongside it.

Oh.. I didn't know eXcalibr made the game into an actual barter system, I'll go with Apocalypse, I don't like to think a lot. :(

Those are only for some of the weapons, actually, a small amount of them and it's fairly simple. You also get other weapons by completing simple missions for the shopkeeper and others are just found scattered throughout the wasteland. As I said before, many of the weapons are given to named NPC's as their own personal "unique" firearm. For example, in Megaton Sherrif Simms has a wicked tricked out silenced carbine with a holo sight, tac light and all kinds of crazy stuff, Jenny Stahl carries a crazylooking black Casull Revolver called the "Sterling Companion", Moriarity carries some kind of crazy huge Taurus Bull revolver type thing, GOB has one of those Russian silenced pistols with the huge barrels, and you'll just kind of run into more and more of these as you go along (Sarah Lyons carries an assault carbine with an underslung shotgun, Barrett in the Northwest Seneca Station totes around a giagantic Barett Sniper Rifle) . Other weapons are just sort of "hidden" in certain spots. I'll tell you flat out that the Book of Earache weapons are THE highest quality guns available to the Fallout 3 modding community as far as model quality and variety goes. The "barter system" as you call it is minimal and optional and only encapsulates a few of the 100 plus guns that the mod adds...it also doesn't require any more "thinking" than any other part of the game. If you don't like thinking what are you doing playing a game like Fallout 3 anyway?

p.s. Also, as far as I know, Earache weapons are the only ones with "secondary" fires. For example, Sarah Lyons underslung shotgun. Other guns have things like grenade launchers, selective fire modes, stuff like that. The M-1 that replaces the vanilla hunting rifle has a bayonet on it that you can switch too for use as a melee weapon. You usually activate these secondary abilities by pressing the X button.

Edited by roboroller