980 Ti Strix - 40 FPS and Stutter (with Texture Mods)

AureusPhoenix

I'm confident that the SKSE + ENB combination is fully incompatible with Windows 10 regardless of ini settings. I've been struggling for the last few weeks and I've found that ENB by itself works fine. SKSE works (sometimes, but not often) by itself. But together, you will never be able to fix the stuttering issue. I'm not sure what SKSE is doing, but it must be some kind of fight to the death with whatever ENB is also trying to do. And this is coming from the AMD side (using Fury X).

I've noticed that when the stuttering is occurring, you can observe insufficient GPU utilization - the clocks never ramp up due to FPS volatility when this is happening.

Seems like people have had better luck on < Win 10 systems. Maybe that new fangled memory compression is just too much for this engine.

Regardless, for now (and the foreseeable future), you can have either SKSE or ENB on Windows 10, but not both, so just pick whichever is most important to you.

• 5 months later...

THANK YOU Sharps97. I just built a new gaming computer with Windows 10, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 965m, 16 ram. i too had constant stutters with Skyrim and didn't understand why with my specs. I saw what you posted that SKSE + Enboost don't work well with each other with Windows 10.

I uninstalled Enboost and now I have a smooth Skyrim game play on Maxed out Ultra and Lots of texture mods. Before, I ran about 40 to 55 FPS with constant stutters. My FPS runs between 60 and 75 now and smooth as butter. It hasn't dropped below 60. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

:cool: