What would you like to see in a Muggy companion.

devinpatterson

I would love a mini quest to take Muggy to see The World's Largest Mug and take his picture with it with the Codac R9000 camera.

Nice one :wink:

I think that possibly when he see's it there might be a follow up quest. Like he has a Mug'asm and has to be repaired with some spare parts, or he demands to clean it and requires a dozen abraxo's, etc.

After the pic is taken, it could be shown in the sink (or if he comes back to the lucky38 it could show up there too).

how about this: a crafting system for mug ammo! clean mugs ignore DT, super-heated mugs are incendiary :smile: maybe some exploding mugs lol

Oh there could be a easy weapon related, mug based creation that could work. An IED. Easy enough to swap the model for a land mine, and makes sense in the context (Muggy also makes powder, pistol charges). Might even be possible to make it a AO so a raider picks it up to drink from it and BOOM off flys the head.

Well the standard companion actions for sure, but what about his companion perk?

I reckon something like "All items capable of being used in crafting recipes now way 50% less" or something.

Or maybe stack it with that Pack Rat perk with an additional 50% weight drop in the items it affects.

As for combat though, I don't think he should be all that impressive in fire power. Like a weaker Securitron. Capable of holding his own in a fight, but acts more like your support gunner in larger conflicts.

Edited by GettingAnnoyed

Well the standard companion actions for sure, but what about his companion perk?

Yeah he'll have the standard companion related commands and actions and a companion wheeel.

Or maybe stack it with that Pack Rat perk with an additional 50% weight drop in the items it affects.

The pack rat perk is a good one. I could certainly see muggy looking over the couriers shoulder in true OCPD form (where that personality disorder of orderliness & attention to detail pays off) directing packing.

As for combat though, I don't think he should be all that impressive in fire power. Like a weaker Securitron. Capable of holding his own in a fight, but acts more like your support gunner in larger conflicts.

There's an interesting quote in the wiki;

"If by some chance Muggy is forced to enter combat (usually only through console codes, and even then only with another NPC, since Muggy will not enter combat with the Courier under any circumstance, even using the console to start combat with them will make him immediately cease combat) Muggy will never engage in any fighting and will always flee."

While having a non combatant companion might seem.....problematic or even detrimental, it would add to his character. It might be possible to do a bit of faction magic and make enemy combatants ignore muggy (he's tiny and inoffensive without any built in weapons). Either by adding a neutral faction or swapping faction whenever combat begins (he/she will probably still flee to a safe distance though, and return when combat ceases.

Maybe the lack of combat skills can be balanced by other valuable perks or crafting capabilities (although he has a pretty powerful array of crafting/conversion capabilities already). He cleans stuff, so he might be good at slowing/delaying weapon & armor degradation, kinda like Raul.

What you said about making him a fleeing, but handy assistant actually sounds pretty great if you ask me. Others might have a different opinion though.

Hell, maybe even give him a noticably larger carry weight to reinforce the "I'm here to help you build stuff." style.

Edited by GettingAnnoyed

What you said about making him a fleeing, but handy assistant actually sounds pretty great if you ask me. Others might have a different opinion though.

True, not everything has to be combat related, sometimes an alternate approach can be interesting. Except when combatants have mugs or dishes, then Muggy could get the equivalent of the "Nerd Rage!" perk and go medieval on their butts (not that they'd really notice, though).