the Elder Scrolls theme

zepplinne

In anticipation of Skyrim, I made this tribute to the Elder Scrolls theme (specifically the version in Morrowind), please leave a comment on Youtube if you liked it! Hope you enjoy it!

To discuss: Which game version of the theme is your favorite from the series?

Edited by zepplinne

The format needed is mp3, I believe.

Beautiful job! *claps* :biggrin:

As for your discussion question, I like the themes from both Morrowind and Oblivion, and I love what I've heard of Skyrim. All of them are great for different reasons, and I am glad that the familiar tune has now become synonymous with the Elder Scrolls.

Morrowind's theme starts out very soft and builds to an epic climax (mimicking your ascent to heroism, yes? :wink: ) all the while with a powerful, steady drum in the background, which probably symbolizes the Heart of Lorkhan.

Oblivion's theme starts out strong, with trumpets and horns that represent the Imperial province. A transition portion conveys the sense of impending doom. Then it softens, perhaps symbolizing the peace that follows the end of the crisis.

Skyrim's theme is just epic and beautiful....there's no other words that can describe it. :woot:

Thank you so much. The music is very human and individualistic, which to me really sums up nature of the Elder Scrolls games. Your characters are unique and you can play them the way you want, unlike strictly linear games.

Thank you so much. The music is very human and individualistic, which to me really sums up nature of the Elder Scrolls games. Your characters are unique and you can play them the way you want, unlike strictly linear games.

I agree, Bethesda is great at letting you have your own adventure, and it's different almost every time too

Edited by zepplinne

That was realy nice!

I have to admit though, I was a little disappointed it wasn't longer. It might also be cool to add in a little flavor from Oblivion and skyrim by adding elements of the Oblivion theme towards the middle and finishing off with a skyrim style ending. Still, good job!